Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We all wear masks and socially distance for over a year “Even if it only saves one life”

Comments

• Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,223 Swaye's Wigwam
    It’s crazy how people can come up with a reason this is wrong.

Ron is too good to be true. Keep it going, but fuck it up and you are gone.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,509 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2021

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

Idaho says fuck off we live in America!

It's beautiful, love it here, freedom is great.
    People who are confined to W. Washington, Oregon and California really should do themselves a favor and venture to a state that isn't touching the Pacific Ocean this summer.

The air smells different without a bacteria infested piece of cloth inhibiting the olfactory senses.

I'll spend as much time in Liberty as I can this summer.

When will Oregon cede it's East and SW to Idaho, btw?
    LOL. Outside of Portland Oregon is a fucking wasteland that no one wants except maybe Mexico.

@DJDuck
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,710 Swaye's Wigwam
    haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

People who are confined to W. Washington, Oregon and California really should do themselves a favor and venture to a state that isn't touching the Pacific Ocean this summer.

The air smells different without a bacteria infested piece of cloth inhibiting the olfactory senses.

LOL. Outside of Portland Oregon is a fucking wasteland that no one wants except maybe Mexico.

@DJDuck
    Portland is a fucking wasteland, too. Not even Mexico wants that

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,887 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay
    No, seriously. Portland sucks ass. Been there many times without finding any reason to stay. Worse weather than Seattle. Scummy river. Fucked up streets and freeways, worse than Seattle, which is almost unbelievable, but laughable nonetheless.

Portland: Pond Scum Capital of the World.

What if the one life we save is the second coming of Hitler?

What if you could go back in time and kill Fauci?
    Sounds like somebody wants a visit from the CHP Secret Police.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343

Sounds like somebody wants a visit from the CHP Secret Police.
    It sounds crazy, but...

haie said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay
    No, seriously. Portland sucks ass. Been there many times without finding any reason to stay. Worse weather than Seattle. Scummy river. Fucked up streets and freeways, worse than Seattle, which is almost unbelievable, but laughable nonetheless.

You sound like a barrel of fun.

Worse weather than Seattle? Jesus.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Stick to your monitor Couv. The rest of us that live in Western Oregon are living our best lives at the Beaches, mountains and Central Oregon. And then we return home to grind it out to get back soon to the aforementioned treasures. Spoiler alert. Portland ain’t one.
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Stick to your monitor Couv. The rest of us that live in Western Oregon are living our best lives at the Beaches, mountains and Central Oregon. And then we return home to grind it out to get back soon to the aforementioned treasures. Spoiler alert. Portland ain’t one.
    What a romantic description of flyover country.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,032 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    With the onslaught of telecommuting due to the chicom crud, lots of people aren't coming back to the cities. There is a lot of office space off Kruse Way, the road to Lake Oswego from I-5. Lots of financial services and related businesses there. Area is just outside of the city of Portland and Multnomah county and they are there to avoid the Portland/Multnomah county business income taxes and gross receipts tax. Drove by there on Wednesday at 2:00 PM and the parking lots were 1/3 filled. Pre crud they were filled. There is going to be an insane level of available commercial office space in the next decade. Portland had been building a lot of expensive mixed used office/retail and housing. Not a lot of cranes going up today.

Malls are dying across the country. Some, like Washington Square in the southwest Portland suburbs were thriving. Not anymore, can pull up and park right next to Nordstrom's today. Place looks deserted during the week.
    edited April 2021

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    With the onslaught of telecommuting due to the chicom crud, lots of people aren't coming back to the cities. There is a lot of office space off Kruse Way, the road to Lake Oswego from I-5. Lots of financial services and related businesses there. Area is just outside of the city of Portland and Multnomah county and they are there to avoid the Portland/Multnomah county business income taxes and gross receipts tax. Drove by there on Wednesday at 2:00 PM and the parking lots were 1/3 filled. Pre crud they were filled. There is going to be an insane level of available commercial office space in the next decade. Portland had been building a lot of expensive mixed used office/retail and housing. Not a lot of cranes going up today.

Malls are dying across the country. Some, like Washington Square in the southwest Portland suburbs were thriving. Not anymore, can pull up and park right next to Nordstrom's today. Place looks deserted during the week.
    Sounds like we've solved the housing crisis.
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay

In the 60s, the Willamette was too dirty for salmon to live in. Today, people are out in mid-river downtown between the bridges fishing the spring chinook run. Like Seattle, Portland was a beautiful city. You want scummy, go to most of the bigger Midwest cities, like Des Moines or Omaha. Go try on Houston.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay

Sark>Ty, too

Portland is hideous. Seattle is hideous.

No winner there. Sad.

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay

Sark>Ty, too

No winner there. Sad.
    That's what I like about the area. If you wanna live in the country there are options on both sides of the river. If you want the downtown urban hipster shit that's there too.

We have mountains and hiking shit too!

I'm sure it's similar in the Seattle area to a degree, but for Puget Sound I'm more of an island guy.

I wouldn't mind living in idaho, but the husband wants to stay near mommy.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,584 Standard Supporter
    haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck
    Yeah, sure. OKay

Sark>Ty, too

No winner there. Sad.
    That's what I like about the area. If you wanna live in the country there are options on both sides of the river. If you want the downtown urban hipster shit that's there too.

We have mountains and hiking shit too!

I'm sure it's similar in the Seattle area to a degree, but for Puget Sound I'm more of an island guy.

I wouldn't mind living in idaho, but the husband wants to stay near mommy.
    Get a new one. Husband, I mean. He can keep mommy.

Kaepsknee said:

haie said:

Goduckies said:

Sledog said:

@DJDuck

Sounds like we've solved the housing crisis.
    Oregon has zoned out most of the state from single family residential. Need apartments, or 5,000 sq foot lots in urban growth boundaries or have significant acreage. Doesn't make things affordable. Reminds me of my old IRS neighbor that move to Portland from Connecticut in 1986 when suburban Portland housing was cheap and he made a killing selling his Connecticut home. Our new neighbor hood used to be a filbert orchard. When the farmer across the road sold his farm for housing he went nuts and seemed to think that the farmer should have been required to keep his cute farmstead for his pleasure. Scratch a leftist, find a fascist.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

I don’t want to kill him, but he really deserves to get his head dented in a little bit.