Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top 10 Worst Cities in Warshington

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,695
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I think it's a given that tiny towns are 81% likely to be shitholes. I think you gotta have 5k plus people to fairly be considered for worst city in the state status. Anything less than that and it obviously is going to suck.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Surprised at the omission of Cle Elum, aka "Dirty Truck-Stop" to folks in Roslyn, Ronald, Teanaway and Suncadia.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    Swaye's Wigwam
    MelloDawg said:

Too long to watch. I'm going with Kent(same as Federal Way) and Yakima. Every other town/city is a tie for third.

No Kent either
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOQbwVJjxY
    Good call back

I once stood in line behind John Keister at the Rainier Beach Safeway. The Seattle celebrity scene
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Saw Keister knocking back cocktails at Lottie's in Columbia City a few years back. Looks the same, but lots more gray.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I think Id rather live in Aberdeen than Kent
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Let's just say that I agree with the two posters who said it's easier to list the small towns in Washington that are not shit holes.

So far for me, I've got Waterville, Chelan, Port Townsend, Walla Walla and Sequim. What, you guys like Concrete, Elma, Rochester, Centralia, Kelso, Yakima, Vader, Pe Ell, Burlington Edison ....?

I laff at @RoadDawg55 and his friends who mock the 'Deen they experience "on our way to the beach," as if the beach communities here outside of Long Beach aren't shit holes themselves. Ocean Shores is a bigger shit hole than Aberdeen; you can smell the corn dog fryer from fucking Hoquiam, which should, btw, make the list over Aberdeen (no; they're not the same place). I got news for ya: if you're headed to the beaches here, you like shit holes.

No doubt about it. If there is only one thing the east coast does better than the west coast, it's the preservation of small towns. Yeah, I've driven through some shit holes in New England and Upstate, but fuck, the ratio of small towns I would not live in to those I would in that part of the country is not even close to what it is here.

I’ve missed defensive, doogish Creep. Nowadays, you are level headed, one of the few non retards in the Tug, and are doling out good financial advice. A little Aberdeen shit talk brought you back tho. It’s good to see.

I agree the Ocean towns are awful, but they have the ocean. You can rent a nice Airbnb for cheap, enjoy the waves and a beach day before getting the hell out of there. Aberdeen is a gloomy shit hole that actually makes me have sympathy for anyone unlucky enough to be born there.
    I can't disagree with any of that.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,219
    edited April 2021

I think it's a given that tiny towns are 81% likely to be shitholes. I think you gotta have 5k plus people to fairly be considered for worst city in the state status. Anything less than that and it obviously is going to suck.

You've obviously never driven combine in Lincoln County.

Like we say in the county seat, Go Go Gorillas and fuck off.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The Washington coast really does suck though

I ended up going to the Oregon coast for trips. Weather still sucks but the beaches and towns are better

What's there not to like about Birch Bay?

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I ended up going to the Oregon coast for trips. Weather still sucks but the beaches and towns are better

Always knew you were a closet Duck
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,959
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2021
    dflea said:

Shelton avoids making these lists by sending people around town on Highway 101 rather than have them come through the down town. Just about the whole way, you get an awesome view of the Olympics instead of a run-down logging town.

The people who come into town figure out they should have taken the bypass.

@dflea

Ask me how I know you didn't watch the video in the OP?

#rapeculture

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

why do you hate Moclips?

The Washington coast is definitely not as nice as the Oregon one but it's still fun
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cannon Beach and Seaside are pretty great places.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Well, everything.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,666

Well, everything.
    Give me the deets. As a true beav I'm a purist when it comes to the northwest coast.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,154
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    WA coast is generally depressing. I don't know if it gets as depressing as Taholah.

Seabrook feels like Disneyland on the WA coast, and part of me hates it, but part of me also recognizes it is necessary and needed.

The greater Gray's Harbor meh-tropolitan area is depressing. Ocean Shores does have some qualities, but when you dive deep, you realize it was poorly planned, and they have one of like what feels like four places one can ride a go-kart in all of Washington. Go-karts for redeeming value!

I feel like there are some towns that are trying, but I still wouldn't touch (Yelm).

Other decent small towns I didn't notice if listed would be Steilacoom (pronounced Still-I-cum). It could use another restaurant or two but it's pretty chill.

Someone mentioned Oysoyoos, the lake is pretty cool. Oroville in the US, has a lot of potential.

Oh yeah, Coulee City, despite being adjacent to some pretty cool geography, fucking sucks.

I was pleasantly surprised by Ephrata last time I went through. That is I expected much worse.

If there were decent paying jobs I qualified for in Wenatchee, I'd probably move there in an instant.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,480
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Outside of Seattle(cool, unique name) all the Washington names suck ass.

Half these towns didn't have a chance making the big time with names like Enumclaw and Fife.

It's like expecting your son to be D1 after naming him Conor.