Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Top 10 Worst Cities in Warshington

Comments

• Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

BAD's list:

1. Seattle - shithole
    2. Yakima - shithole with nothing cool to do
    3. SeaTac - shithole with lots of noise
    4. Tukwila - gangsters paradise
    5. Aberdeen - miserable weather, shithole
    6. Bremerton - military shithole with nothing to do
    7. Bellingham - liberal shithole overrun by poor Seattleites
    8. Vancouver - Portland suburban town
    9. Everett - homegrown shithole. Some things never change
    10. Tacoma - shithole that is becoming less shitty and has no traffic and easy parking

Tacoma has no traffic?

Jesus.
    Bruh, we talkin' about IN the city, not on I-5.
    Strong disagree
    I mean, I work in Tacoma and drive in and out of it every day, but maybe you're in the busier part?
    Its the same shit as any other city along i5. Takes forever to get anywhere
    LebamDawg said:

I think it would be easier to make a list of 10 places that should not be on the list.

Not in shitty list. Long Beach, Friday Harbor, Chehalis, Leavenworth, Osoyoos, Winthrop - damn this is tough, and I think Osoyoos is in BC

Move FH to the shitty list. Masks are required to be worn on the dock, Main Street is torn up and it seems half the businesses are closed.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,287
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Rittzville belongs on the list. Aberdeen is probably the biggest shit hole in Washington. I feel depressed just driving thru on the way to to Ocean.

@creepycoug
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    it’s called Gray’s Harbor for a reason
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,780
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How did Pullman avoid the list?
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,565
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

How did Pullman avoid the list?

no one wanted to get dirty
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,552
    Founders Club

Too long to watch. I'm going with Kent(same as Federal Way) and Yakima. Every other town/city is a tie for third.

No Kent either
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Rittzville belongs on the list. Aberdeen is probably the biggest shit hole in Washington. I feel depressed just driving thru on the way to to Ocean.

Aberdeen wins hands down. Depressed former industry town. Highest number of tweakers and junkies per capita. Marine layer that leaves town in a perpetual state of fog and clouds. Check, check, and check.
    It doesn't win hands down. It's up there, but it has plenty of steep competition, sadly.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Let's just say that I agree with the two posters who said it's easier to list the small towns in Washington that are not shit holes.

So far for me, I've got Waterville, Chelan, Port Townsend, Walla Walla and Sequim. What, you guys like Concrete, Elma, Rochester, Centralia, Kelso, Yakima, Vader, Pe Ell, Burlington Edison ....?

I laff at @RoadDawg55 and his friends who mock the 'Deen they experience "on our way to the beach," as if the beach communities here outside of Long Beach aren't shit holes themselves. Ocean Shores is a bigger shit hole than Aberdeen; you can smell the corn dog fryer from fucking Hoquiam, which should, btw, make the list over Aberdeen (no; they're not the same place). I got news for ya: if you're headed to the beaches here, you like shit holes.

No doubt about it. If there is only one thing the east coast does better than the west coast, it's the preservation of small towns. Yeah, I've driven through some shit holes in New England and Upstate, but fuck, the ratio of small towns I would not live in to those I would in that part of the country is not even close to what it is here.

Interesting. Do you know why that is?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Let's just say that I agree with the two posters who said it's easier to list the small towns in Washington that are not shit holes.

So far for me, I've got Waterville, Chelan, Port Townsend, Walla Walla and Sequim. What, you guys like Concrete, Elma, Rochester, Centralia, Kelso, Yakima, Vader, Pe Ell, Burlington Edison ....?

I laff at @RoadDawg55 and his friends who mock the 'Deen they experience "on our way to the beach," as if the beach communities here outside of Long Beach aren't shit holes themselves. Ocean Shores is a bigger shit hole than Aberdeen; you can smell the corn dog fryer from fucking Hoquiam, which should, btw, make the list over Aberdeen (no; they're not the same place). I got news for ya: if you're headed to the beaches here, you like shit holes.

No doubt about it. If there is only one thing the east coast does better than the west coast, it's the preservation of small towns. Yeah, I've driven through some shit holes in New England and Upstate, but fuck, the ratio of small towns I would not live in to those I would in that part of the country is not even close to what it is here.

Interesting. Do you know why that is?
    Old money and towns that are actually worth preserving
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 42,219
    edited April 2021

Unless you all have been to Inchellium or Wellpinit, every town listed in this thread is a fucking cosmopolitan destination spot.

@swaye, true?

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

@creepycoug
    Mark Bruener, Grunge, Flannel Shirt fashion, Creepycoug, and a proud and fullsome history of houses of ill repute. So badass that we? were off-limits to the military during the middle last century. That's badass.

What'chu got bitches?
    Chinned for "fullsome."
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    Shelton avoids making these lists by sending people around town on Highway 101 rather than have them come through the down town. Just about the whole way, you get an awesome view of the Olympics instead of a run-down logging town.

The people who come into town figure out they should have taken the bypass.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited April 2021
    dflea said:

Shelton avoids making these lists by sending people around town on Highway 101 rather than have them come through the down town. Just about the whole way, you get an awesome view of the Olympics instead of a run-down logging town.

The people who come into town figure out they should have taken the bypass.

In all honesty, while Shelton probably has as much white trash as Aberdeen (but also probably fewer tweakers at least to the dead eye), it is a MUCH cleaner and tidier town than Aberdeen.

One thing Aberdeen has over most of the small towns in Washington is an upper hill area with houses built by turn-of-the-century timber barons. Many of them are still in good condition and the sort of thing you have to drive to Washington Park or Millionaires Row on Capital Hill to see. Sadly, even many of these old gems are falling into disrepair. The old lower Broadway area of Aberdeen was a very, very nice neighborhood. You won't see it on your way to Ocean Shores for a corn dog, but it's there.

Overall, I'd live in Shelton in a heartbeat over Aberdeen, and it's not even close.
  • Options
    MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,216

Too long to watch. I'm going with Kent(same as Federal Way) and Yakima. Every other town/city is a tie for third.

No Kent either
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOQbwVJjxY