Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OFFICIAL DOOR. ASS. OUT. Roster Genocide Thread

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

This would be mildly interesting if Hop could coach offense. But he can’t.

I’ll be curious to see how this group comes together. Some interesting pieces individually but it’s an odd group when you look at the whole roster.

Also, why do these guys wanna come here? I don’t get what they see in Hop or why they’re buying what he’s selling.

I can hear Softy already

"Hey Pal, I don't really care if these guys win or lose. I just love that these local kids are getting one last chance to represent their home town and I think Hop has done a great job of getting all these 206 studs together regardless of how the season turns out."
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Hop tried to get it done with grit and a growth mindset but it's always been about the bag men and coffee cups. Hopkins got the rhythm now.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Can any of these guys shoot? Asking for a friend.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    The guy that left I think I want most is Beauchamp. This team is severely lacking scoring from the wing position.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I would love to hear the spin of how Hop’s lost the local recruiting scene yet is pulling back all of these local transfers
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Huh. First two years: conference's best coach. Second two years: conference's most disappointing coach. Roster reset, conference title in year three. Just in time to piss everyone off when Jen retains him. It's the cycle.

Seems some of you just can't handle the Hopkins ups and downs.
  • Options
    no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 760
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Huh. First two years: conference's best coach. Second two years: conference's most disappointing coach. Roster reset, conference title in year three. Just in time to piss everyone off when Jen retains him. It's the cycle.

Hi Jen. And when that doesn't happen I'm sure you'll be talking about how it was a transition year with new roster and coaches - who would've expected a conference title with that ?!. But there was enough improvement that you are confident in your coach. We'll reevaluate after 22/23.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    no_uh said:

Hi Jen. And when that doesn't happen I'm sure you'll be talking about how it was a transition year with new roster and coaches - who would've expected a conference title with that ?!. But there was enough improvement that you are confident in your coach. We'll reevaluate after 22/23.
    I was gonna post the whoosh.gif, but then I reread my post and noticed that it's not that technically gifted. "Year three" was supposed to be "year five," hopefully obviously. (I was told there would be no math...) Either way, you need to PM @IrishDawg22 if you think anyone here is serious about thinking Hopkins can right this ship.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

The difference between Doogman and this bored about all of this is pretty funny. We are like, we don’t know what the fuck is going on, the guys that are coming in seem to be better than the ones leaving, but Hopkins has proven he can be a shit coach, so who knows what’s going to happen. On Doogman they are like, hey remember when Oregon State was picked 12th and then went to the elite 8, that’s about to be us.

Some of you guys would have fired Hec Edmondson
    Race was there!
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2021
    Hopkins had the worst 40 game stretch in the history of husky basketball in years 3 and 4. Nearly half those games were with two first round draft picks on the floor.

The odds of long-term success has changed from 0 to

• Options
    ReignManReignMan Member Posts: 217
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes

The zone needs to DIAFF. If Hop actually wants to parlay this into working he needs to reinvent

I actually think he has found Jesus and just might, if not he is as clueless as he has appeared for the last two years. I hate that fucking zone!!!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Thing is that it would shock me if as a senior Battle scores 20+ a game and they win the Bog Sky because he can shoot the ball

Problem is that his shot selection is horse shit and as a result he shoots terribly from a % standpoint and then presses

He ain’t in high school anymore playing short slow WESCO white kids straight off the farm