Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Dream of the '90s Died in Portland

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,387
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Just a reminder that no one is forced to come here

They just can't stay away
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pretty sure that the glory days of fake Wrestling with Hulk and the rest had better ratings than most real sports
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm pretty sure that the glory days of fake Wrestling with Hulk and the rest had better ratings than most real sports

We need Ali Frazier/foreman more than ever. I don’t like UFC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I never caught on to it either. I grew up with boxing

Tyson going to prison killed boxing. By the time they ever got around to Tyson Hollyfield and Lennox and the rest he was shot

In his prime Tyson was second only to Ali as a must see

Unlike Ali he couldn't put together a post prison career. Ali was a big man. Mike wasn't.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tyson going to prison killed boxing. By the time they ever got around to Tyson Hollyfield and Lennox and the rest he was shot

Unlike Ali he couldn't put together a post prison career. Ali was a big man. Mike wasn't.
    My old man bought tickets to watch the Tyson/Spinks fight on closed circuit at the Olympia Center. We got beers and sat down. When the fight started, Tyson walked across the ring and clobbered the fuck out of Spinks and had him out cold in about one minute.

Everyone sat there quietly for a second, and then the place erupted into "holy shit - did you see that?" kind of discussions. I'd seen some pretty powerful heavyweight fighters, but Tyson was on a different level. He was fucking scary.

Buster Douglas knocked him out the night of my bachelor party. Nobody could believe what they saw happen. That was quite a scene of madness that involved drugs, alcohol, strippers and shotguns.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

My old man bought tickets to watch the Tyson/Spinks fight on closed circuit at the Olympia Center. We got beers and sat down. When the fight started, Tyson walked across the ring and clobbered the fuck out of Spinks and had him out cold in about one minute.

Everyone sat there quietly for a second, and then the place erupted into "holy shit - did you see that?" kind of discussions. I'd seen some pretty powerful heavyweight fighters, but Tyson was on a different level. He was fucking scary.

Buster Douglas knocked him out the night of my bachelor party. Nobody could believe what they saw happen. That was quite a scene of madness that involved drugs, alcohol, strippers and shotguns.
    My son and I watched the Buster fight and were bummed out big time.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting and clash of battle.

It’s hard I will admit to stay away too long.
    My mental health flourishes when I don't frequent this cesspool. If you're here full-time then you're broken beyond repair.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

My mental health flourishes when I don't frequent this cesspool. If you're here full-time then you're broken beyond repair.
    And?

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

I consider it missionary work for dumbfucks like you, @TheKobeStopper and Ostrich Boy.

If only one can be saved.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    Can't hose useless ANTIFA idiots burn the whole fucking city down? It needs it.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

And?

Bleeding gash gonna bleed.

I don’t come here much because I’m Twatter ban hammered to the point where I cant read linked twats on here and wonder what the fuck is going on half the time.

But the greengator stays away to not be embarrassed.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    edited April 2021

As someone who’s very close to a former department chair at Reed, you are absolutely correct about the top-down institutional issues. The children are running the daycare over there.

Reed's tuition is $60,000. For that you get to be taught that you are an irredeemable racist, that America is a force for evil in the world and that communism is the utopian future. Not a real bargain. You would get a better education in community college taking basic courses in math, science and economics.

https://youtu.be/w8VhraZQZuE

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    edited April 2021

I decided it was too early to be a dick.

I'll come back later for that.