Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Dream of the '90s Died in Portland

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Not a voting issue for Snow as this isn't a federal concern. It's not like the next President, Kameltoe wasn't bailing out these insurrectionists.

Not very conservative of you. If a state or locality wants to negligently let their city burn at the hands of anarchists, then that's their right.
    I absolutely agree.

Portland has a right to destroy itself from within. Once the middle and upper class complete their flee to the suburbs it will be the end of Portland. This remote work for home is no longer a fad, this will become the new norm for corporations going forward. Companies can save on rental space, and workers no longer need to live in the city. People think it's bad now, Portland hasn't even reached halftime.
    Portland has the "right" to allow other people's private property to be destroyed?
    Who's in charge of the police force? So yes. The federal government has zero jurisdiction for people's private property within in a individual state and especially a city. Kate Brown could crack down, but she won't. The federal government only has jurisdiction on it's own property and employees. In the end, this is a Wheeler and Brown issue.
    Then Portland also has the "right" to have their fucking asses sued.
    I’m sure that would work...

If you really want to stick it to them, move across the bridge to Vancouver. Take away their tax revenue.
    Why not both?
    Suing won't work. Sue that they don't have enough police force? Good luck with that.

Just move like the thousands that are currently leaving. That's how you solve the problem. Let the homeless and hipsters bottom feed in the downtown area. Portland is just behind the curve. Cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincinnati have already completed that transition. Cities like Los Angeles are in the midst, and look for Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco to follow suit.
    No, sue that they refuse to use their police to protect business owners.
    Please show where that has worked
    Let's see what happens with the case.

https://www.newsweek.com/federal-judge-allows-21-businesses-sue-seattle-over-harms-caused-chop-1539990
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Not a voting issue for Snow as this isn't a federal concern. It's not like the next President, Kameltoe wasn't bailing out these insurrectionists.

Not very conservative of you. If a state or locality wants to negligently let their city burn at the hands of anarchists, then that's their right.
    I absolutely agree.

Portland has a right to destroy itself from within. Once the middle and upper class complete their flee to the suburbs it will be the end of Portland. This remote work for home is no longer a fad, this will become the new norm for corporations going forward. Companies can save on rental space, and workers no longer need to live in the city. People think it's bad now, Portland hasn't even reached halftime.
    Portland has the "right" to allow other people's private property to be destroyed?
    Who's in charge of the police force? So yes. The federal government has zero jurisdiction for people's private property within in a individual state and especially a city. Kate Brown could crack down, but she won't. The federal government only has jurisdiction on it's own property and employees. In the end, this is a Wheeler and Brown issue.
    Then Portland also has the "right" to have their fucking asses sued.
    I’m sure that would work...

If you really want to stick it to them, move across the bridge to Vancouver. Take away their tax revenue.
    Why not both?
    Suing won't work. Sue that they don't have enough police force? Good luck with that.

Just move like the thousands that are currently leaving. That's how you solve the problem. Let the homeless and hipsters bottom feed in the downtown area. Portland is just behind the curve. Cities like Detroit, Cleveland, and Cincinnati have already completed that transition. Cities like Los Angeles are in the midst, and look for Seattle, Portland, and San Francisco to follow suit.
    No, sue that they refuse to use their police to protect business owners.
    Please show where that has worked
    Let's see what happens with the case.

https://www.newsweek.com/federal-judge-allows-21-businesses-sue-seattle-over-harms-caused-chop-1539990
    Perfect. In all honesty, I think 21 business are going to lose even more money
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I absolutely agree.

Portland has a right to destroy itself from within. Once the middle and upper class complete their flee to the suburbs it will be the end of Portland.
    Welcome to July 2020.

Oh, except for the quooks who are still trapped. lol
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Reed College used to be one of the top liberal arts schools on the entire west coast.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    thechatch said:

Reed College used to be one of the top liberal arts schools on the entire west coast.

I think something changed at some point. I had a prof or two that talked about trying to get employed at Reed. There's weird institutional things going on there that bring them down.

If you're serious about academics, you don't even go to school in the state of Oregon anymore. You go to school in California or Warshington or somewhere else.

Hi @IPukeOregonGrellow !!!
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    haie said:

thechatch said:

I think something changed at some point. I had a prof or two that talked about trying to get employed at Reed. There's weird institutional things going on there that bring them down.

If you're serious about academics, you don't even go to school in the state of Oregon anymore. You go to school in California or Warshington or somewhere else.

As someone who’s very close to a former department chair at Reed, you are absolutely correct about the top-down institutional issues. The children are running the daycare over there.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Such a rudderless whore.
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,081
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Portland Sucks. Always has, always will.

Go Sonics!
    Go Sounders!
    Go T-Birds!
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2021
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

As someone who’s very close to a former department chair at Reed, you are absolutely correct about the top-down institutional issues. The children are running the daycare over there.
    That's sad. I think they still require a high GPA for admission, but something is definitely wrong there that could bring the whole thing down, Evergreen State style.
    I've heard that Pacific University is still a good school though. True?
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021
    haie said:

I absolutely agree.

Portland has a right to destroy itself from within. Once the middle and upper class complete their flee to the suburbs it will be the end of Portland.
    Welcome to July 2020.

Oh, except for the quooks who are still trapped. lol
    I laugh that you think Seattle is much better. It’s Portland but only on a larger scale.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Nobody in Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, SF or LA has the right to brag about anything.

Placing low in the least-worse categories are all that's left.

What an achievement.
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

Reed's tuition is $60,000. For that you get to be taught that you are an irredeemable racist, that America is a force for evil in the world and that communism is the utopian future. Not a real bargain. You would get a better education in community college taking basic courses in math, science and economics.
  • Options

thechatch said:

haie said:

thechatch said:

Reed's tuition is $60,000. For that you get to be taught that you are an irredeemable racist, that America is a force for evil in the world and that communism is the utopian future. Not a real bargain. You would get a better education in community college taking basic courses in math, science and economics.
    You can learn the same crap for free by being homeless in SF or Oakland.

Save the 240k and spend a few years in the Tenderloin, instead.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Nobody in Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC, SF or LA has the right to brag about anything.

What an achievement.

We have slightly less human shit on our sidewalks!!!! We're better than you!!!
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

What an achievement.

Nothing is more Seattleish than saying, "at least we're not as bad as (fill in the city)."

Seattle is the passive-aggressive capital of the universe. And that's how people here think.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

What an achievement.

Nothing is more Seattleish than saying, "at least we're not as bad as (fill in the city)."

Seattle is the passive-aggressive capital of the universe. And that's how people here think.
    The entire 509 area code nods in agreement.

• Options

SFGbob said:

What's important is that people here on the board like him and that he and Flea have become close friends.

Now imagine that your life is so pathetic you value your "friendship" with a lightweight fucking moron like Flea.
    Bob, you remember when politics were supposed to be kept to yourself? How did you survive back then? You’re a guppy that eats up any article or video that supports your views. There is real life outside Bobby. Sometimes it’s even nice.
    What, are you kidding? We're in the middle of a Pandemic, Roady! Where's your mask, you murderer?

We're all gonna die!!
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,931
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

What's important is that people here on the board like him and that he and Flea have become close friends.

Now imagine that your life is so pathetic you value your "friendship" with a lightweight fucking moron like Flea.
    Bob, you remember when politics were supposed to be kept to yourself? How did you survive back then? You’re a guppy that eats up any article or video that supports your views. There is real life outside Bobby. Sometimes it’s even nice.
    You remember in the 1960s when commie democrats were rioting and blowing sh*t up and throwing someone's medals over the White House fence? Yeah, I remember when politics was kept to yourself, not.

PS I seem to remember a group of Americans with a really deep tan who also were politically active in the 1960s. Too bad they didn't keep their politics to themselves. Just bad manners.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

No, I don't ever recall at anytime in my life like that. Any other strawmen you want to ass rape?