Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mark Brunell on weed

Comments

• Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,559 Founders Club
    Mosster47 said:

Booze didn't make me go on a horrible 18 hr. trip and paranoid.

Neither did weed, hamster dick.
    Who are you again?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club

dflea said:

jecornel said:

Says it ruins lives, has seen it change people, bad message to kids and studies prove it. He sounded crazy, it's the classic christian argument. What about all the pain killers swallowed and nights boozing? Some how weed is way worse than shoving down addictive pills and booze.
    Have to say my like for Brunell has significantly lessened.

Brock n Danny had a great segment on it.

Dude, Brunnell has been a Christian ... a practicing Christian that is ... for a long, long time. Going back to his days at Washington.

Thought everyone knew that about him.
    Word to creepy - Mark's been thumping his Bible for a while now.

God made the weed, right, Mark? Made it so you'd get high? Because your brain has a receptor for THC?

Then shut the fuck up and take a beezer. Maybe you'd make better investment choices.

lol! that's the other thing I thought everyone knew about Brunnell.

have to admit I was surprised that he would let himself get fucked by some financial charlatan - at least that's what I assumed happened. or maybe he did it himself, which is worse, because that's the hubris of not knowing your own limitations. we all have 'em. a man's got to know what they are. I don't know why I was surprised, but I was. I guess because he seemed like a bright dude in interviews and shit.

it's not that fucking hard when you have millions and millions of dollars to work with. you do three things if you're not financially literate: (a) part with a few thousand of those dollars and pay for a sophisticated (and reputable) tax advisor; (b) part with a few thousand more and pay for a sophisticated (and reputable) financial advisor; and (c) make sure they don't know each other or work for the same firm.

there's a few other things that would help too (again, if you have a few mill to fuck around with): stick 4 or 5 mill. somewhere away in CDs or other FDIC insured cash investments and completely forget about it. someday, if you fucked up and didn't do (a), (b) or (c), you'll have enough principal to generate enough interest income to at least keep you from being a complete fucking bum. also, tell your wife that you make about 1/2 of what you're really making. if you're an NFL QB, she's probably a whore and just along for the ride anyway. use her more than she's using you. insist on anal. actually, that would be good for all of us to do.

You won the thread by insisting on anal. Bravo.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    As a side note, I got about 800 bucks. How should I invest it?
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,999
    Swaye said:

send it on over. i'll turn that 800 into 80,000 in two months. i promise.

let's swap paypal info on PM.

creep
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,557 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Pretty sure CollegeDoog is the manager of 3 or 4 mutual funds, might want to confide in his limitless expertise
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,557 Swaye's Wigwam
    Though CD probably requires an initial investment of 100k, knowing him
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    If Brunell had smoked more weed it may have dulled his urge to corner the Real Estate market with leverage and he might still be rich?
  • unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    Brunell was in one of my econ classes. Prof Leffler even used him as an example, opportunity cost of not going pro that year. He wasn't dumb, just too trusting

High end real estate in FL just before the bust plus a big investment in Whataburger

This is a guy involved with greatness in the program and were gonna talk shit about him? Fuckin A

This is a guy involved with greatness in the program and were gonna talk shit about him? Fuckin A

Stupid beliefs are stupid beliefs, no matter what you are involved with.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,572 Swaye's Wigwam

Take the jaguars to the AFC championship game and then pop off.
  • DeepPurpleDeepPurple Member Posts: 201

High end real estate in FL just before the bust plus a big investment in Whataburger

Most econ and finance profs follow what is known as the 5% rule... never put more than 5% of your portfolio in any single investment. Diversify.

If Mark had better advisors he would have only lost 10% of his money....

But most financial advisors are looking out for their own interests... not their clients.

Most econ and finance profs follow what is known as the 5% rule... never put more than 5% of your portfolio in any single investment. Diversify.

If Mark had better advisors he would have only lost 10% of his money....

But most financial advisors are looking out for their own interests... not their clients.
    Fucking this.

Looks like Mark slept through his business classes.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

Brunell was in one of my econ classes. Prof Leffler even used him as an example, opportunity cost of not going pro that year. He wasn't dumb, just too trusting

Are you actually offended by it? Tui gets made fun of for being fat, Jerramy Stevens gets made fun of for obvious reasons, and Locker gets made fun of for the creepy kiss with his mom. Can't we just root for the football program without a lifelong commitment of worshipping and being jocked off these guys? I loved the Sonics and Shawn Kemp, but I don't get offended if someone makes fun of him for being fat, loving cocaine, and having like 6 baby mamas.

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    The only drugs worth messing with are weed (occasional joint, slice of space cake, green dragon tincture), and shrooms (these are wicked).
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited February 2014

The only drugs worth messing with are weed (occasional joint, slice of space cake, green dragon tincture), and shrooms (these are wicked).

Weed, blow, molly/ectasy/mdma. Some people shouldn't do any drugs though. I have enjoyed shrooms and acid when I have done them, but I hate them at the same time. I don't like feeling that out of control and it lasts too long for me.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    Can't say I'm surprised it happened to Brunell in Florida. That state is not only the scam capital of the US (not to say he was scammed) but is really a third world country at best. A lot of shady shit going on there. Who the fuck was his adviser to allow him to invest millions in real estate (at the fucking top of a bubble) and in fast food? Although Whataburger kicks ass.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited February 2014

Weed, blow, molly/ectasy/mdma. Some people shouldn't do any drugs though. I have enjoyed shrooms and acid when I have done them, but I hate them at the same time. I don't like feeling that out of control and it lasts too long for me.

I haven't ever messed with any white powders and don't intend to. They seem way too addictive. For me it's better not to even try it, though I'd be very tempted if it was available. Yeah shrooms can be scary if the ones you eat happen to be 'evil' (only a shroomer would understand that some shrooms are good and others are evil, and that the mushrooms guide and control the trip, not the user) and cause you to go on a bad trip, especially when you know you can't do anything about it, you just have to ride it out.