Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeff Lindquist - The Forgotten Man

13»

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Swaye said:

He does have all the tools including good speed but he's not faster, or even as fast, as Miles, who has run under 11 seconds in the 100 meters, which makes him faster than Lockner too.

Just wanted to be the annoying guy who points out the unimportant error in your poast.

Annoying error superiority guys have always been my favorite kinds of posters.
    I love you man!
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    One important quality that Lindquist has that the others don't, which was not explicitly called out, is that he is probably more dangerous than the other two put together in short yardage situations. Lindquist can run with power. The kid has tree trunks for legs and by all accounts at practice is the one QB we have who can run people the fuck over. That, in today's game, is important. The kid is not going down with an arm tackle unless that arm belongs to a d lineman. LBs and DBs will need their shoulder pads.

Also, which was touched upon, he has the liveliest arm among the QBs. Tui talked about it often ... has what Tui considered the most "NFL ready" arm. That's less important than what's between the ears, and I have no idea how to comment on that, but suffice it to say that, even though Miles has crazy straight line speed for a QB, Lindquist is probably the best overall physical package of the QBs.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,802
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

How quick everyone is to proclaim Troy Williams as the next heir to the QB throne. Off what do we base these claims? The inane reports of the Doogman mouthbreathing proletariat? Braintrust Scott "I am literally wrong 85% of the time and pull everything out of my ass, brb my kid has the crud" Eklund? Dudebrah's farcical Spring Game? Nothing of consequence. I don't know who will be the starter, and I wouldn't touch any 'report' from DM or Jood with a 10 ft pole, but let's not forget that Lindquist:

-- Was an Elite 11 QB
    -- Was coveted by David Shaw to be Andrew Luck's eventual successor
    -- Is faster than Cyler Miles
    -- Has a skillset similar to Lockner; not quite as fast in a straight line sprint but higher football IQ
    -- Is white and will clearly be Hugh's QB of choice. This is most important.

Highlights aren't usually anything to go off and are fluff pieces, but look how he uses his strength to escape from would-be sacks and how he keeps his eyes down the field while scrambling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQHB75GYjk

Petersen has already said competitions for all spots will be wide open come spring. It could be one of any of the two, and who knows maybe Cyler Miles will be reinstate. Either way, it will be fuck off.

#thebestplayerwillplay

He over-throws his open receivers downfield also?

Sweeeeeet!
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    pawz said:

Gladstone said:

How quick everyone is to proclaim Troy Williams as the next heir to the QB throne. Off what do we base these claims? The inane reports of the Doogman mouthbreathing proletariat? Braintrust Scott "I am literally wrong 85% of the time and pull everything out of my ass, brb my kid has the crud" Eklund? Dudebrah's farcical Spring Game? Nothing of consequence. I don't know who will be the starter, and I wouldn't touch any 'report' from DM or Jood with a 10 ft pole, but let's not forget that Lindquist:

-- Was an Elite 11 QB
    -- Has a skillset similar to Lockner; not quite as fast in a straight line sprint but higher football IQ

Highlights aren't usually anything to go off and are fluff pieces, but look how he uses his strength to escape from would-be sacks and how he keeps his eyes down the field while scrambling:

Petersen has already said competitions for all spots will be wide open come spring. It could be one of any of the two, and who knows maybe Cyler Miles will be reinstate. Either way, it will be fuck off.

#thebestplayerwillplay

Sweeeeeet!
    But can he jackhammer tongue his Mom?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    pawz said:

Gladstone said:

-- Was an Elite 11 QB

#thebestplayerwillplay

Sweeeeeet!
    Hugh will be right there to shit all over the WR's and OL too as it can't be the QB's fault.

Still remember him giving Lockner a passing grade after that embarrassing performance against Nebraska.