Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jeff Lindquist - The Forgotten Man

GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Founders Club

How quick everyone is to proclaim Troy Williams as the next heir to the QB throne. Off what do we base these claims? The inane reports of the Doogman mouthbreathing proletariat? Braintrust Scott "I am literally wrong 85% of the time and pull everything out of my ass, brb my kid has the crud" Eklund? Dudebrah's farcical Spring Game? Nothing of consequence. I don't know who will be the starter, and I wouldn't touch any 'report' from DM or Jood with a 10 ft pole, but let's not forget that Lindquist:

-- Was an Elite 11 QB
-- Was coveted by David Shaw to be Andrew Luck's eventual successor
-- Is faster than Cyler Miles
-- Has a skillset similar to Locker; not quite as fast in a straight line sprint but higher football IQ
-- Is white and will clearly be Hugh's QB of choice. This is most important.

Highlights aren't usually anything to go off and are fluff pieces, but look how he uses his strength to escape from would-be sacks and how he keeps his eyes down the field while scrambling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQHB75GYjk

Petersen has already said competitions for all spots will be wide open come spring. It could be one of any of the two, and who knows maybe Cyler Miles will be reinstate. Either way, it will be fuck off.

#thebestplayerwillplay

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    My opinion watching Williams and Lindquist is that Williams has the better skill set. I would expect him to beat out Lindquist.

I could be wrong ... and this will obviously be decided by open competition.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Lindy just hasn't looked that sharp in brief action. Perhaps learning CP's new system and further maturity will help him shine.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014
    One of the things I like better about Miles and Williams is that they won big in high school. I don't think it matters much for anyone else, but it is important for a QB. Lindquist played for a slightly above .500 team. Is there even youth football in Mercer Island? Playing for a shitty high school team and not starting football until later, and it makes sense he would be raw.

I get what you are saying about writing him off early, and the Spring Game doesn't tell you much, but I haven't heard anything good from anyone who has seen him, including guys who have been at practices and a former player.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2014

One of the things I like better about Miles and Williams is that they won big in high school. I don't think it matters much for anyone else, but it is important for a QB. Lindquist played for a slightly above .500 team. Is there even youth football in Mercer Island? Playing for a shitty high school team and not starting football until later, and it makes sense he would be raw.

I get what you are saying about writing him off early, and the Spring Game doesn't tell you much, but I haven't heard anything good from anyone who has seen him, including guys who have been at practices and a former player.

To be fair the same could be argued for Keith Price as well when he was coming in. Nobody gave him a chance to beat out Montana and nobody was raving about him either.

For our QB's I'm going to LIPO and hope of the three high profile recruits competing for that spot that one emerges as a stud.
    The players always thought Price was good. Kim and his butt sniffers were the ones pumping up Montana. I don't know any players anymore though. Maybe they think Lindquist is good.

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,447
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Anyone else happy to watch a kid's highlight film that isn't rap/R&B/hip-hop?

Yes, I'm literally one of the whitest poasters here, thank you.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Max Browne doesn't fit Sarks offense, Sark said so himself.... WDWHA
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I made this point weeks ago.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I made this point weeks ago.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I expect Lindquist to make a push this spring, especially with Miles out.

The script says that everyone will assume all white kids are OKGs, and that doogman will start running their mouths when any 4*s decide to transfer after this spring (guaranteed one of the QBs decides to transfer before the season).

somehow an overhyped lazy ass who doesn't get his ass kissed and decides to transfer will translate: "Chris peterman doesn't know how to connect with the elite athletes, we're fucked" and there will be anxiety this summer/fall going into the season.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Max Browne doesn't fit Sarks offense, Sark said so himself.... WDWHA

too white?
  • Options
    79smoothdawg79smoothdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 710
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've seen them both also. Williams has better hips, nuff said.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Lindy just hasn't looked that sharp in brief action. Perhaps learning CP's new system and further maturity will help him shine.

Fuck 71, Sark didn't have Quisty throw a pass in spring or fall either. I miss Ichi, and Boonie.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He looks like Jesus H Lockner the resurrerection. I like him, but then I never gave up hope on Lockner either. I can't let go of hope when a guy has great physical tools and Lindquist has them. Take two guys with similar size, similar accuracy and similar ability to run the offense. QB "A" has a relatively weak arm, decent speed and power while QB "B" has a plus arm, plus speed and tremendous power as a runner, and I'll take QB "B" every time. The question is whether Lindquist inherited Lockner's scatter brain and scatter arm in addition to his other tools. Reports so far are that he did, unfortunately.

Either way it will be fuck off, as the OP said...clearly the best thing anyone has said in this thread.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    either way it will be interesting
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

How quick everyone is to proclaim Troy Williams as the next heir to the QB throne. Off what do we base these claims? The inane reports of the Doogman mouthbreathing proletariat? Braintrust Scott "I am literally wrong 85% of the time and pull everything out of my ass, brb my kid has the crud" Eklund? Dudebrah's farcical Spring Game? Nothing of consequence. I don't know who will be the starter, and I wouldn't touch any 'report' from DM or Jood with a 10 ft pole, but let's not forget that Lindquist:

-- Was an Elite 11 QB
    -- Was coveted by David Shaw to be Andrew Luck's eventual successor
    -- Is faster than Cyler Miles
    -- Has a skillset similar to Locker; not quite as fast in a straight line sprint but higher football IQ
    -- Is white and will clearly be Hugh's QB of choice. This is most important.

Highlights aren't usually anything to go off and are fluff pieces, but look how he uses his strength to escape from would-be sacks and how he keeps his eyes down the field while scrambling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrQHB75GYjk

Petersen has already said competitions for all spots will be wide open come spring. It could be one of any of the two, and who knows maybe Cyler Miles will be reinstate. Either way, it will be fuck off.

#thebestplayerwillplay

Is white

• Options
    GlobalGlobal Member Posts: 333
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I have seen them in a few practices, and Miles and Williams have always been a bit ahead of Lindquist. It pissed me off that, in the few runaway games last year, Sark kept in Price far too long, and then kept in Miles way too long, so that Lindquist only got in for a little bit and was never allowed to throw a pass. Perhaps the best thing for Lindquist was Price being injured during the year, and Miles being the man, which meant Lindquist was next man up -- that forced him to focus more this past year, which had been an issue the previous year.

Lindquist does indeed have some Locker-like qualities, but one that he does not possess is being a gym rat. His body strength is nowhere similar. He will have to hit the gym hard now. And if he is not immersed in the gym now that Miles has screwed up, L is pretty stupid.

But I expect him to make a run for it, and things to be very competitive.
  • Options
    DawgDaze71DawgDaze71 Member Posts: 704
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I agree with Global. We had games where Mile and Lindy should have gotten some quality reps but we got nothing. My thoughts on Lindy are clearly influenced by the fact that he has not gotten the chance to showcase his arm and i've only seen him get to run the ball a few times. Spring/Summer ball should be nice. May the best QB win.