Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Send your kids to public schools?

13»

Comments

• Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not allowed near an Elementary school

Be......cuz...............weapon free zone?

I pray to God that's the reason.
    I can personally attest that those ‘Gun Free Zone’ stickers don’t work.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Lift students up? Nah, let’s drag them all down because too many whites and Asians are in AP courses. The lack of real teaching by the retarded fat woman in my OP leads to these type of decisions.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2021

Lift students up? Nah, let’s drag them all down because too many whites and Asians are in AP courses. The lack of real teaching by the retarded fat woman in my OP leads to these type of decisions.

Since I can't, you can't.

New Post-Pandemic Public School Motto?
  • Options
    edited February 2021

It's quite simple, actually. When the parents are involved, take education seriously, and make their kids prioritize school and homework, the kids will do well.

Classes at my kids' schools where kids performed poorly never had more than 3 or 4 parents out of a class of 30 kids showing up for parent-teacher conferences. You could see that those kids were fucked over by their own families by 2nd grade.

Equity means tearing down all systems that reward hard work, achievement and excellence.

Public schools are predominantly run by overpaid ignorant thugs today. And Charter chains will continue to eat their lunch as a result.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Apparently, jerking off in front of minors in Maryland isn’t illegal as long as you do it online. Isn’t it at least a federal crime?

“I didn’t know the camera was still on. I’m not a pervert” says the guy whose first instinct is to jerk off after teaching a class to special ed students to the point he can’t even log out of Zoom.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9304691/Teachers-aide-wont-charged-accidentally-masturbating-8th-grade-Zoom-class.html

The teacher's aide who was caught masturbating during an 8th grade Zoom class won't be charged because it is not a crime in the state of Maryland.

Marc Shack has been put on administrate leave after footage was shared online of him engaging in the private act at the end of a history class Monday
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

HuskyJW said:

SFGbob said:

LebamDawg said:

SFGbob said:

The teachers union can’t fire a guy caught Toobining in Zoom class with 8th graders?

Can't be fired??
    There's two sides to every contract negotiation. If an employee "can't be fired" because of the union contract, then management fucked up horribly when they agreed to the terms.

Unions are a necessary evil and frequently cancerous for the victims - students and families - but the problem isn't the union per se, but the fat, lazy assholes on the management side that fail the public by not reading a contract before they sign it.
    That is the case with a private sector employers and a unions. In most cases with public employee unions you have a "management" that was bought and paid for by the Union sitting down with the union to "negotiate."
    mostly they were union members that got promoted into management. No need to buy them. then they negotiate the contact for them former union brothers.

The news never investigates any of this as they are unionized also and can't say bad things about unions. If they are covered they just barely say anything.
    Public employee unions should be banned.
    Not one person here has stepped foot in an elementary school in 20 years...probably 30

Actually nevermind.....

I get a monthly pension after my mom passed since my mom was a teacher and no living spouse

Carry on
    I have two kids in high school. I've stepped foot in an elementary school less that 5 years ago.
    Same here. I even used to volunteer at the elementary school to help grade papers and such.
    When my guys were younger I'd help with teaching kids to read. It's my one good skill, that and teaching a kid how to ride a bike. After that I'm spent.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

It's quite simple, actually. When the parents are involved, take education seriously, and make their kids prioritize school and homework, the kids will do well.

Classes at my kids' schools where kids performed poorly never had more than 3 or 4 parents out of a class of 30 kids showing up for parent-teacher conferences. You could see that those kids were fucked over by their own families by 2nd grade.

Equity means tearing down all systems that reward hard work, achievement and excellence.

Public schools are predominantly run by overpaid ignorant thugs today. And Charter chains will continue to eat their lunch as a result.
    I agree with you if you were to qualify this with "up until puberty." I had really strong opinions on what it took to get a kid to be a good student and get them to perform well in school and then my middle son turned 14 and everything I thought I knew was tossed out the window.

Of my 3 boys he was my star student. Kind of kid who came home and did his homework without being asked to do it. Devoured books, I used to have to take his flashlight away from him during the school week because he'd be up until 1:00am reading under the covers. Straight A student that I used to brag about and then everything changed. As of right now he isn't even going to graduate high school.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    SFGbob said:

I agree with you if you were to qualify this with "up until puberty." I had really strong opinions on what it took to get a kid to be a good student and get them to perform well in school and then my middle son turned 14 and everything I thought I knew was tossed out the window.

Of my 3 boys he was my star student. Kind of kid who came home and did his homework without being asked to do it. Devoured books, I used to have to take his flashlight away from him during the school week because he'd be up until 1:00am reading under the covers. Straight A student that I used to brag about and then everything changed. As of right now he isn't even going to graduate high school.
    Happened with my son, too. Spun his wheels for about two years, grades went to shit, found mj residue a few times, etc. But he bounced back in the middle of his junior year, studied hard for the ACT and SAT, did well, got a scholarship and made the Dean's list his first semester.

It's very hard to keep doing the same thing at the same level for 12 straight years without fucking up and checking out the dark side once in awhile. As long as your son can connect the cause and effect dots, be honest with himself and you, and allow himself some fuck-ups without believing he's doomed forever, he'll probably be fine.

I grew up around a lot of rich kids who fucked up all the time. But only one got murdered and one that I know of wound up under a freeway bridge.

P.S. Keep your son as far away as possible from enablers who'll try to convince him that nothing is his fault. Fuck those people. Get them the fuck out of his life. Nothing will destroy his autonomy and self-esteem faster than those who want to train him to be a victim.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    SFGbob said:

Wow. My senior daughter is struggling mentally with lockdowns and is the exact same student.

34 on her ACT, 4.0 and taking PCC college courses now, and a $30,000 a year academic scholarship from the University of Arizona for STEM. I feel fortunate she’s a stubborn kid who kept studying and will graduate.

One thing she did do was get a part-time job at a Tilly’s clothing store for 12 hours a week last summer that she’s kept and it gets her out of the house socializing and making some money. She did that all on her own.

My sophomore daughter is a different story and may get a D in a class this year unless she cares enough to turn it around. Smart kid, was in TAG too, but has to be forced to do her on-line work where before lockdown she’d come home from school and go to her desk in her bedroom to get her homework done.

This is crushing kids.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

Wow. My senior daughter is struggling mentally with lockdowns and is the exact same student.

34 on her ACT, 4.0 and taking PCC college courses now, and a $30,000 a year academic scholarship from the University of Arizona for STEM. I feel fortunate she’s a stubborn kid who kept studying and will graduate.

One thing she did do was get a part-time job at a Tilly’s clothing store for 12 hours a week last summer that she’s kept and it gets her out of the house socializing and making some money. She did that all on her own.

My sophomore daughter is a different story and may get a D in a class this year unless she cares enough to turn it around. Smart kid, was in TAG too, but has to be forced to do her on-line work where before lockdown she’d come home from school and go to her desk in her bedroom to get her homework done.

This is crushing kids.
    Nothing smart about that
  • Options
    edited February 2021

SFGbob said:

This is crushing kids.
    Nothing smart about that
    She visited ASU for a night on her recruiting trip and doesn’t like the partying scene.

Land grant school! I’d prefer she go to Tempe because we have friends and family there but Tucson isn’t too far away.

She just wants out of Portland to live in sunshine and I can’t blame her at all.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

This is crushing kids.
    Mainstream media partisanship leads to lies without consequence. That then spreads to social media, where lies are rarely countered til days later after the damage has already been done.

If you were a kid, would you trust anyone or anything from any "official source?" I sure as fuck wouldn't, and it would destroy my confidence that whatever my future plans are, they won't be ripped out from under me by lies, con artists, frauds and partisan hacks faking shit like "wokiness," race and hate crime hoaxes, widespread unfairness from "equity" policies that reward the worst of all forms of conduct, etc. Meanwhile the kids' eyes and ears are filled with bullshit from dawn til dusk. There's an epidemic of depression going on alright, and it's not just from social withdrawal. It's also because the country is run by assholes right now, and 81 million people think that's just swell.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,845
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

This is crushing kids.
    Mainstream media partisanship leads to lies without consequence. That then spreads to social media, where lies are rarely countered til days later after the damage has already been done.

If you were a kid, would you trust anyone or anything from any "official source?" I sure as fuck wouldn't, and it would destroy my confidence that whatever my future plans are, they won't be ripped out from under me by lies, con artists, frauds and partisan hacks faking shit like "wokiness," race and hate crime hoaxes, widespread unfairness from "equity" policies that reward the worst of all forms of conduct, etc. Meanwhile the kids' eyes and ears are filled with bullshit from dawn til dusk. There's an epidemic of depression going on alright, and it's not just from social withdrawal. It's also because the country is run by assholes right now, and 81 million people think that's just swell.
    @oregonblitzkrieg , true?

• Options

SFGbob said:

This is crushing kids.
    Nothing smart about that
    She visited ASU for a night on her recruiting trip and doesn’t like the partying scene.

Land grant school! I’d prefer she go to Tempe because we have friends and family there but Tucson isn’t too far away.

She just wants out of Portland to live in sunshine and I can’t blame her at all.
    Two neighbor kids went to U of A for STEM. Bright kids, good grades, good family. I think one had a partial scholly.

Both did well, but both say it's a huge party school. Little sister of STDU.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,835
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Rarely see the U of A co eds for almost a year now. Very sad. I'm 20 years older than them now and IDGAF. They're legal.

I blame the cunt mayor and the rest of the Dimocrat brass who shamed them last fall for partying.

Yeah, I hijacked this thread a little. Oh well.