Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2000 #4 Miami Fl @ #15 Washington No Huddle

Comments

• WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,329 Swaye's Wigwam
    I would think more of the 2000 players would start than 2020 if you had a straight up competition. I think the 2000 team would have easily won the Pac-12 last year in a full season and ran the table if they can pull out the one game in a cfb season where everything goes wrong.

I actually only see 2-3 spots where a 2020 Husky even gets the nod in my mind.

Also, Miami not starting Portis and giving him more carries early was a god send in that game. Also, Dorsey was a disaster, though the UW defense made that happen as opposed to recent years where shit to average QBs now play the Husky prevent defense and torch it on third and long over and over again.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    Levi and Tryon would start.
  • GhostofMosster47GhostofMosster47 Member Posts: 68
    If you told those Doogs fan there they'd only have to wait 16 years to lose to SC and Bama they'd have been proud.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,589 Founders Club
    Walking by a group of jocks to class every morning near Cane Hall in 2000 was a bit scary. They were not choir boys.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,718 Swaye's Wigwam

Walking by a group of jocks to class every morning near Cane Hall in 2000 was a bit scary. They were not choir boys.

The disrespect for Kane Hall in this thread is unreal

Unless you're talking about Cane Hall in St. George on St. Vincent and the Grenadines
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,055
    Early season inter-conference games on ABC.

Back when PAC10 football was great.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

The disrespect for Kane Hall in this thread is unreal

Unless you're talking about Cane Hall in St. George on St. Vincent and the Grenadines
    I believe he was indeed referencing the latter
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam

Pharms was in my Soc. class and Al Black ran that thing like a talk show, walking around putting mics in peoples’ faces. JP had a very Beastmode personality.

“Anybody in here ever been in a gang?” (1 dead-eyed person stands). “Do you mind if I ask which one?”

“DGF”

“What’s that stand for?”

“Don’t Give a Fuck!”
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

Pharms was in my Soc. class and Al Black ran that thing like a talk show, walking around putting mics in peoples’ faces. JP had a very Beastmode personality.

“Anybody in here ever been in a gang?” (1 dead-eyed person stands). “Do you mind if I ask which one?”

“DGF”

“What’s that stand for?”

“Don’t Give a Fuck!”
    He was only there so he wouldn't get fined?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,555 Swaye's Wigwam
    I think most of the Miami team would start for today’s UW team.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010

I would think more of the 2000 players would start than 2020 if you had a straight up competition. I think the 2000 team would have easily won the Pac-12 last year in a full season and ran the table if they can pull out the one game in a cfb season where everything goes wrong.

Also, Miami not starting Portis and giving him more carries early was a god send in that game. Also, Dorsey was a disaster, though the UW defense made that happen as opposed to recent years where shit to average QBs now play the Husky prevent defense and torch it on third and long over and over again.

Like Race said. Washington came out and hit hard before Miami knew where they were and then hung on. Butch Davis was an ace recruiter, but an OK game day coach. He should have played Portis earlier to help Dorsey get acclimated. It was his first start on the road after warming up at home the prior week against McNeese State.

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,792

Lake wouldn’t have started Tui because he follows Petersen’s model of not playing a war daddy because he has some boneheaded turnovers while ignoring the fucking guy balls out and just wins.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    I watched this a couple months ago.

4:20 mark, I was like oh that’s a nice tackle, of course it’s Ed Reed.

On the Alexis td run, he beats Ed Reed to the corner. Not sure how they ruined that kid but he should have been better.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,623 Standard Supporter
    In the lineup intros he was introduced as Edward Reed.

On the Alexis td run, he beats Ed Reed to the corner. Not sure how they ruined that kid but he should have been better.

Alexis was a strong kid with good straight - ahead speed. Not a lot of wiggle or vision to create. If he had a lane he could hurt you because arm tackles wouldn’t get it done. Like a 90s era Nebraska I back. A poor man’s Lawrence Phillips.

Alexis was a strong kid with good straight - ahead speed. Not a lot of wiggle or vision to create. If he had a lane he could hurt you because arm tackles wouldn’t get it done. Like a 90s era Nebraska I back. A poor man’s Lawrence Phillips.
    He never had a chance to reach the NFL, despite passing the eye test with flying colors

He never had a chance to reach the NFL, despite passing the eye test with flying colors
    He did play in the NFL for a bit. For the Jags I think.
    Ah, that's right.
    His touchdown run was as much Tui’s preternatural feel for the timing of the pitch as anything else. It’s what got him on the corner just out of reach of a very fast pursuing Miami defense.

His touchdown run was as much Tui’s preternatural feel for the timing of the pitch as anything else. It’s what got him on the corner just out of reach of a very fast pursuing Miami defense.

Were it a toss sweep he probably gains four yards.