Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2000 #4 Miami Fl @ #15 Washington No Huddle

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,362 Founders Club
  • AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,108 Swaye's Wigwam
    Man Tui made that way closer than it had to be
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,699 Standard Supporter
    That's depressing. Not then - now.

Pac 12 football. Fan-fucking-tastic.

Christ.

Amazing how much harder that team played than any of the last few years here.

I wonder, just based on talent, how many from that team would have started on last year's team. Triplett, Tui and Stevens are obvious. Who else. (Other than Neuheisel).

Elstrom made 3 catches noone on last years team makes, and probably wouldn't have even seen the field last year
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,786 Founders Club
    Alexis said:

I wonder, just based on talent, how many from that team would have started on last year's team. Triplett, Tui and Stevens are obvious. Who else. (Other than Neuheisel).

Elstrom made 3 catches noone on last years team makes, and probably wouldn't have even seen the field last year

@Alexis , Rich probably plays today.

Alexis said:

@Alexis , Rich probably plays today.
    Free Pub!!!LI!
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Alexis said:

Vontoure, Pharms, Hurst.
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    Old Husky Stadium>New Husky Stadium
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,606 Founders Club

I was at that game.

That was back when Washington teams still had some tough lumberjack blood.

There was a different feel for sure
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010

Alexis said:

Pharms would start. Both Curtis Williams and Akbar would start. Darrell Daniels at LB. Chad Ward. It was a different era.
    I was going to say, at least one or two O linemen ... maybe more. That Husky team had a great O line.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,024 Founders Club

Alexis said:

Pharms would start. Both Curtis Williams and Akbar would start. Darrell Daniels at LB. Chad Ward. It was a different era.
    Would Williams or Akbar move to LB? I feel like both were big safety’s and they could probably take on blocks well.
  • KidsInCagesDawgKidsInCagesDawg Member Posts: 337
    Elliot Silvers and Kyle Benn would start.
    Larry Triplett would start.
    John Anderson and Derrick Johnson would start.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Omare Lowe and Roc Alexander would have been darlings in JL’s secondary.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    Moss Wayne and Johnson as a wr corps is ridiculous. Just can’t not notice that. Portis should have been starting too.

Those safeties for uw were good. Corners were pretty good too. Steven’s was a monster. The wr’s sucked but they caught more than they dropped. Too bad Juergens got hurt. Elstrom played great that day though.