Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biden: Chinese genocide of Uhgyurs is because ““culturally there are different norms”

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

THE PRESIDENT: We must speak up for human rights. It’s who we are. We can’t — my comment to him was — and I know him well, and he knows me well. We’re — a two-hour conversation.

MR. COOPER: You talked about this to him?

THE PRESIDENT: I talked about this, too. And that’s not so much refugee, but I talked about — I said — look, you know, Chinese leaders — if you know anything about Chinese history, it has always been — the time when China has been victimized by the outer world is when they haven’t been unified at home. So the central — to vastly overstate it — the central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united, tightly controlled China. And he uses his rationale for the things he does based on that.

I point out to him: No American President can be sustained as a President if he doesn’t reflect the values of the United States. And so the idea I’m not going to speak out against what he’s doing in Hong Kong, what he’s doing with the Uyghurs in western mountains of China and Taiwan, trying to end the One China policy by making it forceful — I said — and by the — he said he — he gets it. Culturally, there are different norms that each country and they — their leaders — are expected to follow.

But my point was that when I came back from meeting with him and traveling 17,000 miles with him when I was vice president and he was the vice president — that’s how I got to know him so well, at the request of President Hu — not a joke — his predecessor, President Hu — and President Obama wanted us to get to know one another because he was going to be the president.

And I came back and said they’re going to end their One China — their one child policy, because they’re so xenophobic, they won’t let anybody else in, and more people are retired than working. How can they sustain economic growth when more people are retired?

MR. COOPER: When you talk to him, though, about human rights abuses, is that just — is that as far as it goes in terms of the U.S.? Or is there any actual repercussions for China?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, there will be repercussions for China, and he knows that. What I’m doing is making clear that we, in fact, are going to continue to reassert our role as spokespersons for human rights at the U.N. and other — other agencies that have an impact on their attitude.

China is trying very hard to become the world leader and to get that moniker. And to be able to do that, they have to gain the confidence of other countries. And as long as they’re engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it’s going to be hard for them to do that.

But it’s much more complicated than that. I’m — I shouldn’t have tried to talk China policy in 10 minutes on television here.

Full text since this tweet that cuts him off mid-sentence is a shitty bit to draw actual conclusions from.

But frankly this is Trump levels of rambling. And it's a pretty sackless stance against what is damn near Nazi levels of human rights abuse. So once again we are pussy-footing around China and showing our hand - which is empty. We're not going to do shit while an ethnic minority is systematically raped, sterilized, and persecuted by a world superpower.

BUT TRUMP

Who called out China on the bullshit but still can't criticize Joe without some Trump thrown in
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

THE PRESIDENT: We must speak up for human rights. It’s who we are. We can’t — my comment to him was — and I know him well, and he knows me well. We’re — a two-hour conversation.

THE PRESIDENT: I talked about this, too. And that’s not so much refugee, but I talked about — I said — look, you know, Chinese leaders — if you know anything about Chinese history, it has always been — the time when China has been victimized by the outer world is when they haven’t been unified at home. So the central — to vastly overstate it — the central principle of Xi Jinping is that there must be a united, tightly controlled China. And he uses his rationale for the things he does based on that.

I point out to him: No American President can be sustained as a President if he doesn’t reflect the values of the United States. And so the idea I’m not going to speak out against what he’s doing in Hong Kong, what he’s doing with the Uyghurs in western mountains of China and Taiwan, trying to end the One China policy by making it forceful — I said — and by the — he said he — he gets it. Culturally, there are different norms that each country and they — their leaders — are expected to follow.

But my point was that when I came back from meeting with him and traveling 17,000 miles with him when I was vice president and he was the vice president — that’s how I got to know him so well, at the request of President Hu — not a joke — his predecessor, President Hu — and President Obama wanted us to get to know one another because he was going to be the president.

And I came back and said they’re going to end their One China — their one child policy, because they’re so xenophobic, they won’t let anybody else in, and more people are retired than working. How can they sustain economic growth when more people are retired?

MR. COOPER: When you talk to him, though, about human rights abuses, is that just — is that as far as it goes in terms of the U.S.? Or is there any actual repercussions for China?

THE PRESIDENT: Well, there will be repercussions for China, and he knows that. What I’m doing is making clear that we, in fact, are going to continue to reassert our role as spokespersons for human rights at the U.N. and other — other agencies that have an impact on their attitude.

China is trying very hard to become the world leader and to get that moniker. And to be able to do that, they have to gain the confidence of other countries. And as long as they’re engaged in activity that is contrary to basic human rights, it’s going to be hard for them to do that.

But it’s much more complicated than that. I’m — I shouldn’t have tried to talk China policy in 10 minutes on television here.

Full text since this tweet that cuts him off mid-sentence is a shitty bit to draw actual conclusions from.

But frankly this is Trump levels of rambling. And it's a pretty sackless stance against what is damn near Nazi levels of human rights abuse. So once again we are pussy-footing around China and showing our hand - which is empty. We're not going to do shit while an ethnic minority is systematically raped, sterilized, and persecuted by a world superpower.

So much nonsense my ADD couldn’t keep up
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

BUT TRUMP

Who called out China on the bullshit but still can't criticize Joe without some Trump thrown in
    As someone in active recovery of TDS (and AIDS) you'll have to forgive me for the occasional slip of his name. Cold turkey is never 100% effective. The point is that Biden is now in and it looks like more of the same virtue signaling bullshit when it comes to being the "protector of human rights" or whatever other self-righteous bullshit we like to delude ourselves with.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

BUT TRUMP

As someone in active recovery of TDS (and AIDS) you'll have to forgive me for the occasional slip of his name. Cold turkey is never 100% effective. The point is that Biden is now in and it looks like more of the same virtue signaling bullshit when it comes to being the "protector of human rights" or whatever other self-righteous bullshit we like to delude ourselves with.

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Trump actually took action against China and if you are concerned then you did not vote wisely.

There is nothing equivalent about the treatment of China by Trump and by China's lackey Biden.

And Biden is president now.
  • Options

BUT TRUMP

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Trump actually took action against China and if you are concerned then you did not vote wisely.

There is nothing equivalent about the treatment of China by Trump and by China's lackey Biden.

And Biden is president now.
    Are you talking about this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uyghur_Human_Rights_Policy_Act

Or is there something else Trump did that actually combatted the Uyghur genocide?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Biden is president now

If you don't know how Trump challenged China and have forgotten the response from the American sell out the country team then it really doesn't matter now does it?

China got their guy in
  • Options

Biden is president now

If you don't know how Trump challenged China and have forgotten the response from the American sell out the country team then it really doesn't matter now does it?

China got their guy in

You could've just said no.

So we're on the same page. Joe is the new useless figurehead who won't actually do shit about China. I look forward to our next four years of unified criticism.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Trump wasn't useless and its OK to say Joe is owned by China all on its own

I voted for the guy that was actively working against China. You voted for their lackey so I don't see any agreement here at all

Live with your decision
  • Options
    edited February 2021

I voted for the guy that was actively working against China. You voted for their lackey so I don't see any agreement here at all

Live with your decision

I'm not here to convince you the last guy was a dipshit. That ship sailed. Go ahead and sing the praises of his super effective super strong bulwark against China. I won't even be mean when you start railing about how Xi's globalist puppets led the coup against Trump. It wouldn't be the Tug if we didn't have that.

But I'm here to bitch about the current POTUS and his empty promises of fighting China. You should join me in the spirit of #unity.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Live with your decision

I'm not here to convince you the last guy was a dipshit. That ship sailed. Go ahead and sing the praises of his super effective super strong bulwark against China. I won't even be mean when you start railing about how the Xi's globalist puppets led the coup against Trump. It wouldn't be the Tug if we didn't have that.

But I'm here to bitch about the current POTUS and his empty promises of fighting China. You should join me in the spirit of #unity.
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,118
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    “Yeah but still” has been the bidenbro battle cry for 5 years running
  • Options

Live with your decision

I'm not here to convince you the last guy was a dipshit. That ship sailed. Go ahead and sing the praises of his super effective super strong bulwark against China. I won't even be mean when you start railing about how the Xi's globalist puppets led the coup against Trump. It wouldn't be the Tug if we didn't have that.

• Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,814

Live with your decision

I'm not here to convince you the last guy was a dipshit. That ship sailed. Go ahead and sing the praises of his super effective super strong bulwark against China. I won't even be mean when you start railing about how Xi's globalist puppets led the coup against Trump. It wouldn't be the Tug if we didn't have that.

Voting for a brain dead now communist owned puppet has consequences and you don't get to complain about it as it was well known in advance. He's already done incredible damage to our nation and it's partially your fault. Thanks comrade!
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

BUT TRUMP

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    I appreciate your honesty, but is there a single democrat in our elected and appointed government who honestly gives a shit about human rights? You might point to leftists who were against the wars in the middle east and the resulting angst and fear against Muslims. But then I would ask you why these very same people refuse to speak out against the Muslim world's hypocrisy against gays and women in general. I'm asking you a sincere question because I don't see democrats as leaders who will openly speak about God. If you don't believe in or live by a code which has repercussions in an afterlife, why would you give a shit about human rights? And how can we even begin to have a conversation about human rights when we sentence the unborn to death by the millions every year? That seems illogical to me and the modern left in this country has an open disdain for a belief in God.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam