Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Moving forward from UW

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

You guys are so fucking cringe. Toilet paper handed pussies.

Fuck off.

I've been watching this same old bullshit for nearly 30 years, so fuck off. The school is a joke, the AD is a joke, and the fans are a joke because there are no standards or accountability.
    We finished 4th in the country and made the fucking playoffs with a national championship caliber defense 4 years ago.

Over half the power five schools in existence have never had a season that good.

This school has multiple national championships, is the only D1 game in town in a rapidly growing metro area, and does have boosters that give a shit despite what peabrains on here think.

Go be a fan of fucking Boston College or Chicago U. Jesus. DIAFF
    One season out of nearly 30. Toss in the 2000 Rose Bowl. Two seasons out of nearly 30. Awesome batting average.
    Ride or die with your team. Stop being a fucking bandwagon pussy.

Signed,

A Tortured Longtime Cal Fan.
    Pretty much. IDGAF about the NFL. And if I stop watching Husky football and going to games then I'm done with college football entirely. I've got one diploma and it says UW on it. Is what it is.
    I have two diplomas. JHU has a good lacrosse team. Match made in heaven?
    So JHU is why you get to have nice things? Makes sense. Dwag sense.
    Blue Jay sense?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Fuck off.

I've been watching this same old bullshit for nearly 30 years, so fuck off. The school is a joke, the AD is a joke, and the fans are a joke because there are no standards or accountability.
    We finished 4th in the country and made the fucking playoffs with a national championship caliber defense 4 years ago.

Over half the power five schools in existence have never had a season that good.

This school has multiple national championships, is the only D1 game in town in a rapidly growing metro area, and does have boosters that give a shit despite what peabrains on here think.

One season out of nearly 30. Toss in the 2000 Rose Bowl. Two seasons out of nearly 30. Awesome batting average.

Signed,

Pretty much. IDGAF about the NFL. And if I stop watching Husky football and going to games then I'm done with college football entirely. I've got one diploma and it says UW on it. Is what it is.
    Don’t worry, if you have 2 diplomas nobody believes you have the right to be invested in both anyway
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,548
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

UWs fanbase is embarassing. Some of these idiots really think we should be early 2000s USC and cant come to terms with anything else.
    Nobody does less with more than UW. HTH.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/20/pac-12-athletic-department-numbers-released-in-usa-today-database/

Let’s mention the figures for Pac-12 schools in FY19, keeping in mind that USC — as a private school — was not included on this list.

Washington had the highest revenue of any Pac-12 program on the list. The Huskies had $133,792,677 in revenue and $131,317,636 in expenses.

The rest of the list, in descending order of revenue totals:

Oregon revenue: $127,508,498

Oregon expenses: $128,943,543

Arizona State revenue: $121,698,840

Arizona State expenses: $118,404,377

UCLA revenue: $108,412,967

UCLA expenses: $127,339,042

Arizona revenue: $105,091,389

Arizona expenses: $100,565,835

Utah revenue: $99,526,695

Utah expenses: $96,000,514

Colorado revenue: $94,935,198

Colorado expenses: $98,413,284

California revenue: $87,500,758

California expenses: $106,676,734

Oregon State revenue: $82,058,386

Oregon State expenses: $82,364,021

Washington State revenue: $71,691,339

Washington State expenses: $71,691,339

USC and Stanford, as you can see, aren’t listed.

"No one does more with less than UW"

The stupidity and hyperbole here is jarring. Like the Cal and ASU fan said, you guys are fucking embarrassing and your psyche is still mush from 2008.

You know who does jack shit with the revenue they get?

ASU. ~10 mil less and WAY worse results. What has that program done in 20 fucking years?

UCLA. Hasn't done shit since the 90s. 108 million vaporized.

Arizona...105 million! For an okay sweet 16ish basketball program

WASHINGTON has been to 10 straight bowl games. WASHINGTON has the best stadium in the conference. WASHINGTON had a stretch of finishing in the top 15 for 3 straight years highlighted by a playoff appearance culminating in a #4 finish.

2019 sucked and 2020 ended sour, but 8-5 with a curb stomping of an 11-1 team in 2019 was considered a colossal failure. Finishing with the best record in the north division, in an unprecedented global pandemic, was considered a failure.

Yes, UW couldn't get it done on the big stage. Just like Petersen gets credit for building the machine that got us to 3 straight big bowl games, he deserves the blame for the coaching in those games. UW had the players to compete, which is why the Fiesta Bowl and Rose Bowl ended as 1 score games. It was a total gameplanning nightmare.

"Oh but Ohio State and Penn State let off the gas"

TEAMS DONT LET OFF THE GAS IN BIG BOWL GAMES. Ohio State would have loved to beat us by 50+. Those UW teams were fucking legit and the NFL rosters with their players prove it. And yeah Browning was pretty meh and an Achilles heel.

What I'm getting at here is - you guys that expect more out of the program are fine. I do too. But all of this bullshit about UW not caring and not investing in football...is bullshit.

If UW is 7-5 next year with the talent we have...fire Jimmy Lake.

I saw a post on here saying "boo hoo UW is going to be perennial 9-3 team"

I'll take a perennial 9-3 team with NY6 potential every year and a floor of 8-5 over the alternative...and what even is the alternative? 11-1 every year? UW isn't Clemson, Ohio State, or Bama and probably never will be.

Fucking deal with it.

TLDR - like we say, fuck off and go root for Colorado
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,093
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

UWs fanbase is embarassing. Some of these idiots really think we should be early 2000s USC and cant come to terms with anything else.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/20/pac-12-athletic-department-numbers-released-in-usa-today-database/

Let’s mention the figures for Pac-12 schools in FY19, keeping in mind that USC — as a private school — was not included on this list.

Washington had the highest revenue of any Pac-12 program on the list. The Huskies had $133,792,677 in revenue and $131,317,636 in expenses.

The stupidity and hyperbole here is jarring. Like the Cal and ASU fan said, you guys are fucking embarrassing and your psyche is still mush from 2008.

ASU. ~10 mil less and WAY worse results. What has that program done in 20 fucking years?

WASHINGTON has been to 10 straight bowl games. WASHINGTON has the best stadium in the conference. WASHINGTON had a stretch of finishing in the top 15 for 3 straight years highlighted by a playoff appearance culminating in a #4 finish.

2019 sucked and 2020 ended sour, but 8-5 with a curb stomping of an 11-1 team in 2019 was considered a colossal failure. Finishing with the best record in the north division, in an unprecedented global pandemic, was considered a failure.

Yes, UW couldn't get it done on the big stage. Just like Petersen gets credit for building the machine that got us to 3 straight big bowl games, he deserves the blame for the coaching in those games. UW had the players to compete, which is why the Fiesta Bowl and Rose Bowl ended as 1 score games. It was a total gameplanning nightmare.

TEAMS DONT LET OFF THE GAS IN BIG BOWL GAMES. Ohio State would have loved to beat us by 50+. Those UW teams were fucking legit and the NFL rosters with their players prove it. And yeah Browning was pretty meh and an Achilles heel.

What I'm getting at here is - you guys that expect more out of the program are fine. I do too. But all of this bullshit about UW not caring and not investing in football...is bullshit.

I'll take a perennial 9-3 team with NY6 potential every year and a floor of 8-5 over the alternative...and what even is the alternative? 11-1 every year? UW isn't Clemson, Ohio State, or Bama and probably never will be.

Fucking deal with it.

PotY
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

Solid post Anton. I like you as the voice of reason.

I've been mentally checked for the most part on UW football, but that's 81% Covid era driven.

We can #FireJimmyLake after 2021, but until then LIPO. The guy has a .750 winning percentage in league games.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

I've been mentally checked for the most part on UW football, but that's 81% Covid era driven.

We can #FireJimmyLake after 2021, but until then LIPO. The guy has a .750 winning percentage in league games.
    Utah, Oregon State, and Arizona. LOL
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,322
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

Any coach makes their bones against the trash. And is ultimately judged on the "big" games. Jimmy hasn't coached any yet thanks to our administration. SCODUCKS rep the North
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

You play the games on your schedule.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

The trajectory is a downward curve since 2016. UW is not a perennial 9-3 team w/NY6 potential every year. Since Don James left the school is 188-150-1 overall, which averages out to a team that is slightly less than 7 wins a year. That is the most honest measure of any that tells the story of how the AD treats the program.

You can't cherry-pick the one 3-year run that it's had in the past 28 years as evidence that UW is actually doing all it can to put a winning program on the field.

I made my original post a couple hours before the Gregory news which, in hindsight, sums up everything that I am sick of. So, go fuck yourself and DIAFF. I'm not going to agree with your cunty shitposting on this issue.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

Any coach makes their bones against the trash. And is ultimately judged on the "big" games. Jimmy hasn't coached any yet thanks to our administration. SCODUCKS rep the North
    Got his shit pushed in by a shitty Stanford team.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

The trajectory is a downward curve since 2016. UW is not a perennial 9-3 team w/NY6 potential every year. Since Don James left the school is 188-150-1 overall, which averages out to a team that is slightly less than 7 wins a year. That is the most honest measure of any that tells the story of how the AD treats the program.

You can't cherry-pick the one 3-year run that it's had in the past 28 years as evidence that UW is actually doing all it can to put a winning program on the field.

I made my original post a couple hours before the Gregory news which, in hindsight, sums up everything that I am sick of. So, go fuck yourself and DIAFF. I'm not going to agree with your cunty shitposting on this issue.
    You can cherry pick the 3 year run IF IT JUST FUCKING HAPPENED. We had an 8-5 down year, got a new coach, and as far as I'm concerned, haven't even played yet with this new coach. The Covid season was a fucking joke and should just be thrown out the analysis window. As PGOS said, if Jimmy goes 7-5 this year, fire him. Until then, we don't know shit.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

Got his shit pushed in by a shitty Stanford team.
    You talk about not cherry picking, but then you go pick one game out of a bullshit Covid season to support your argument?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

Fucking deal with it.

You play the games on your schedule.
    Wrong side of BigErn = right side of history.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,548
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    take the fucking L dude. Christ

if Jimmy sucks, fire him next year.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is some weak sauce shit.

Win or lose I love my beavs

Some are serious, but most just say they aren’t supporting UW anymore just to say it. They still complain about things a lot for someone that doesn’t care. They still are mad when we lose to Stanford.

I always care about Husky Football. I care more when they win.

Gregory was a boring choice for DC. I don’t have an opinion on the DL coach. Part of me even likes promoting young coaches instead of letting be GA’s and analysts to go coach at a shitty school, work their way up, and hiring them when there is an opening 5 years from now.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Founders Club

It is clear that UW does not GAF about football (or any other sports where the athletes have penises).

Is it worse to become a fan of the flavor of the month team each season (Cincinatti in 2020?), or to jump ship to a national brand team like Bama? Asking for a fren who is also taking recommendations so that he can get his spring gear collection ready!

@BennyBeaver out here recruiting harder than Jimmy Lake ever has. Hat on the table.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It is clear that UW does not GAF about football (or any other sports where the athletes have penises).

Is it worse to become a fan of the flavor of the month team each season (Cincinatti in 2020?), or to jump ship to a national brand team like Bama? Asking for a fren who is also taking recommendations so that he can get his spring gear collection ready!

@BennyBeaver out here recruiting harder than Jimmy Lake ever has. Hat on the table.
    Just did this in my office