Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Moving forward from UW

124»

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,969 Standard Supporter
    dtd said:

doogie said:

AEB said:

A very good university in one of the wealthiest, most dynamic cities in the world, and Emeka and JT don’t want to go there and ball out. I don’t get it. Of course, I had the opportunity to move back to Seattle 6 years ago but instead moved to the Southeast. Great trade FWIW

Dynamic? Seattle?

I’m an old lady now, so I may be wrong, but is Seattle as a city thought of as dynamic?
    You’re over 30??
    Yup.

U got snapchat?
    Hell yeah. I’ll PM ya.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,820 Founders Club

I feel like I pretty much write this same post every few months, but why not one more time...

The end of 2019 broke my little heart, put it in a Cuisinart and hit the purée button. 2020 I was just numb for a lot of it, which is worse in someways. Now in 2021 I’m a full on cynic.

Does that mean I’m moving on from UW?

I’ll always want UW football to succeed...but I’m not going to blindly give them my money, time, love, or support.

So I guess I am moving on in a sense. I’ll follow the Longhorns and #myCocks. And I’m obviously going to keep coming here and casually keep up with UW. I’ll now use my weekends to travel more, explore the outdoors...maybe pick up another hobby...move out of parents’ basement.

See this actually more than just UW. College football as a whole is broken too. If you want to experience #winning again - join Derek on the Clemson bandwagon, cheer for BAMA or Ohio State. It’s all so...predictable.

And at the end of the day that’s the biggest sin CFB is making - it’s boring and not fun anymore.

This is perfect. It's like you looked right into my soul.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971

AEB said:

A very good university in one of the wealthiest, most dynamic cities in the world, and Emeka and JT don’t want to go there and ball out. I don’t get it. Of course, I had the opportunity to move back to Seattle 6 years ago but instead moved to the Southeast. Great trade FWIW

Dynamic? Seattle?

I’m an old lady now, so I may be wrong, but is Seattle as a city thought of as dynamic?
    Sorry, Beautiful, you’re right.

Dynamic only from an economic sense. Culturally it was and remains totally provincial.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

Bone fluting past the graveyard, this is.

Somehow @RaceBannon has become @PolyannaDoog telling everyone to LIPO, when Jimmy keeps demonstrating he's in over his head.

He just promoted the guy Petersen chose to quit rather than doing the needful in firing, and then compounded that retardation by not splashing cash and instead promoting a guy who was doesn't have enough achievements to bump "history teacher and assistant football coach at Northwest High School in Clarksville, Tenn." off of his CV. And this is after what is putatively a complete bedshitting in the hiring of the JonDong, Cato, Brown limp-dick coterie.

I thought this place was founded on not wishing and dreaming that these type of obviously lackluster decisions go against the odds and succeed. When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time. Jimmy could still work out, but the track record indicates what started as long odds are now considerably longer. Fomenting discord on this bored ain't gonna get him fired, he's getting this second year that everyone advise we LIPO and see, but this place is likely one of the prime movers in getting that ball rolling. Why tamp down these miserable and pathetic inclinations?

https://www.firejimmy.com
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
    Blah blah blah
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,294 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,540 Standard Supporter

dtd said:

doogie said:

AEB said:

Dynamic? Seattle?

You’re over 30??
    Yup.

U got snapchat?
    Hell yeah. I’ll PM ya.
    Get up in there.
  • RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

AEB said:

Dynamic? Seattle?

Compared to Columbus, Tuscaloosa, and Eugene?

But “one of the wealthiest, most dynamic cities in the world” may be just a teensy bit of an exaggeration.

Even if that was the case I wonder why adults think that 18 year old star football players would give a fuck. They’re not hoping to become an avant garde artist/protestor or middle management at a local company.