Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Moving forward from UW

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

You guys are so fucking cringe. Toilet paper handed pussies.

Fuck off.

I've been watching this same old bullshit for nearly 30 years, so fuck off. The school is a joke, the AD is a joke, and the fans are a joke because there are no standards or accountability.
    We finished 4th in the country and made the fucking playoffs with a national championship caliber defense 4 years ago.

Over half the power five schools in existence have never had a season that good.

This school has multiple national championships, is the only D1 game in town in a rapidly growing metro area, and does have boosters that give a shit despite what peabrains on here think.

Go be a fan of fucking Boston College or Chicago U. Jesus. DIAFF
    We? ran off a corch a little under 2 years post winning a Natty. That was 28 years ago. Since then we've had 2 really great seasons and a few OK ones.

And people talk about UW not caring about football and wanting to jump ship now? LOL.

UW football is ded. Long live UW football.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,517
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

I've been watching this same old bullshit for nearly 30 years, so fuck off. The school is a joke, the AD is a joke, and the fans are a joke because there are no standards or accountability.
    We finished 4th in the country and made the fucking playoffs with a national championship caliber defense 4 years ago.

Over half the power five schools in existence have never had a season that good.

This school has multiple national championships, is the only D1 game in town in a rapidly growing metro area, and does have boosters that give a shit despite what peabrains on here think.

One season out of nearly 30. Toss in the 2000 Rose Bowl. Two seasons out of nearly 30. Awesome batting average.

Fuck off.

One season out of nearly 30. Toss in the 2000 Rose Bowl. Two seasons out of nearly 30. Awesome batting average.
    Ride or die with your team. Stop being a fucking bandwagon pussy.

Signed,

A Tortured Longtime Cal Fan.
    UWs fanbase is embarassing. Some of these idiots really think we should be early 2000s USC and cant come to terms with anything else.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,481
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

UWs fanbase is embarassing. Some of these idiots really think we should be early 2000s USC and cant come to terms with anything else.
    Nobody does less with more than UW. HTH.

https://trojanswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/20/pac-12-athletic-department-numbers-released-in-usa-today-database/

Let’s mention the figures for Pac-12 schools in FY19, keeping in mind that USC — as a private school — was not included on this list.

Washington had the highest revenue of any Pac-12 program on the list. The Huskies had $133,792,677 in revenue and $131,317,636 in expenses.

The rest of the list, in descending order of revenue totals:

Oregon revenue: $127,508,498

Oregon expenses: $128,943,543

Arizona State revenue: $121,698,840

Arizona State expenses: $118,404,377

UCLA revenue: $108,412,967

UCLA expenses: $127,339,042

Arizona revenue: $105,091,389

Arizona expenses: $100,565,835

Utah revenue: $99,526,695

Utah expenses: $96,000,514

Colorado revenue: $94,935,198

Colorado expenses: $98,413,284

California revenue: $87,500,758

California expenses: $106,676,734

Oregon State revenue: $82,058,386

Oregon State expenses: $82,364,021

Washington State revenue: $71,691,339

Washington State expenses: $71,691,339

USC and Stanford, as you can see, aren’t listed.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,974
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

I think ppl are saying they just want us to try. We don’t.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,948
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I've moved forward numerous times since 1993. I've moved back. I've stayed in the middle

It is always good to have a side piece in college football. Sometimes you need a side piece for your side piece as when LSU jumped up in 2019.

Back in the Cam Newton days, there was no bigger Auburn fan than Race F. Bannon
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,456
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck off.

Fuck off.

Signed,

I think ppl are saying they just want us to try. We don’t.
    They want us to be like Oregon and throw money at every flavor of the week coordinater that twitter likes and get a head coach that is like Meat: relentless recruiter, questionable player dev/coaching, insatiable desire to run assistants and players that aren't as good as the next guy up.

I get it. That's what Clemson and Bama and tOSU are doing. Texas now.

It's just not in the DNA of this staff. The AD is letting the staff do what they want (still appears that way to me), and so we are still doing what we did since 2014.

We didn't switch away from this after 2016 we just got some more 4 stars and were willing to mix it up with bigger schools a bit more. Who did we actually win battles over? Fucking Notre Dame? I thought Murao and now Smalls were the first couple of recruits who were indications of next level recruiting. Baker maybe as well.

Other than them it's been all player development and relying on kids who bleed purple and shit gold.

Most of you probably should have been rooting for an even worse 2019 season to force the AD's hand more.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2021
    A very good university in one of the wealthiest, most dynamic cities in the world, and Emeka and JT don’t want to go there and ball out. I don’t get it. Of course, I had the opportunity to move back to Seattle 6 years ago but instead moved to the Southeast. Great trade FWIW
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

A very good university in one of the wealthiest, most dynamic cities in the world, and Emeka and JT don’t want to go there and ball out. I don’t get it. Of course, I had the opportunity to move back to Seattle 6 years ago but instead moved to the Southeast. Great trade FWIW

Dynamic? Seattle?

I’m an old lady now, so I may be wrong, but is Seattle as a city thought of as dynamic?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

AEB said:

Dynamic? Seattle?

I’m an old lady now, so I may be wrong, but is Seattle as a city thought of as dynamic?
    You’re over 30??
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Fuck off.

Signed,

Pretty much. IDGAF about the NFL. And if I stop watching Husky football and going to games then I'm done with college football entirely. I've got one diploma and it says UW on it. Is what it is.
    I have two diplomas. JHU has a good lacrosse team. Match made in heaven?
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Coach Lake will fail here and move onto the NFL and Jen Cohen will hire a complete loser to replace him.

Bob Gregory with another promotion.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,882
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Fuck off.

Signed,

Pretty much. IDGAF about the NFL. And if I stop watching Husky football and going to games then I'm done with college football entirely. I've got one diploma and it says UW on it. Is what it is.
    I have two diplomas. JHU has a good lacrosse team. Match made in heaven?
    So JHU is why you get to have nice things? Makes sense. Dwag sense.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,810
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Just randomly picking another team is lame. Oh look, I like Texas now!