Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kristi Noem: How the GOP failed the nation

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I have no issues with Noem ... would like to see her on a big stage to see how she does

That said, you can’t on one hand say that Republicans dropped the ball because they need to do a better job of what they say they are going to do (and she named examples) and then on the other hand say Trump is going to go down and judged as one of the best Presidents in history because of what he accomplished

It just comes off as playing both sides ...

I think her first response is correct and the better talking point ... President Trump accomplished a lot (name a couple) but as Republicans we failed to provide a replacement for Obamacare, drive comprehensive immigration reform, etc ... and note that as Republicans we want to be judged on our actions/results and how much they match our words ... that’s a winning message

In 1 week in the White House you can find countless examples of Biden playing the pay attention to what I say not what I do card

The GOP was worthless to Trump

She's right you're not
    Trump was the head of the GOP ...

You know how you like to talk about all accountability starts and ends at the top of the food chain?
    You know I love me some zone playing 3 point jackers but... Trump was the head of the GOP just as much as you played in the Final Four.

He caught those dipshits playing footsie across the aisle and asleep at the wheel. They were just as arrogant as the @DNC and by the time they figured out that he was going to be their nominee, they had to come along to go along.

Now that he's gone the Romeny/McConnells of the world are back to their old uniparty bullshit. Except now people are pissed and they are taking it out on the GOP.

If anything Trump is NOW the head of the GOP because he'll go in and primary damned near any of them. He'll give no fucks. Those 10 GOP clowns who voted for impeachment - they're toast. wellbye.gif to Liz Cheney and her ilk.

Mitt better find a spot in Biden's world because Trump is coming for him next.

1) My comment was 81% a zing to Grandpappy Race who uses that logic often when it comes to UW Football, etc

2) I don’t disagree with you that those that held their nose with Trump now have a runway to distance themselves

I’ll just say this ... Trump’s brought certain things to the forefront that has exposed some of the lies and hypocrisy within Government ... the fact that the media has gone full propaganda since 2016 and not even trying to hide it is telling.

That said, Trump’s “brand” isn’t going to resonate enough to ever again get a win nationally because too many people in the middle won’t vote for him on principle (mean Orange man). Sure, that can work in some regions and locations but it’s just going to ensure a vocal minority.

Finding the balance between what has worked well while rebuilding the connection with those more moderate/centralized on the spectrum is required to beat the Democrats going forward. It’s basic math.
    You got the president you deserve

Biden is a centrist moderate

Why bother beating the democrats by being like them and chasing their narratives

GOP Scoducks
    I don’t endorse Biden in any manner ... I don’t expect the history books to look back on this Presidency fondly

That said, anybody that doesn’t understand how Trump’s persona bit him in the ass I don’t know what to tell you

The concerning thing to me with most heavy Trump supporters that I see is a refusal to concede that Trump has his own warts ... it’s Trump’s perfect and fuck everybody else
    You don’t get that on this bored. Trump supporters here I’ve read know he has personality flaws and simply don’t care. Put me in that camp. His attacks on McCain were absolutely stupid but he’s a Queen’s playboy who spent years on construction sites. He’s a New Yorker. Andrew Cuomo has the same bombast with lesser accomplishments and the Left loves the guy even though he’s well-known for being a bully and an asshole.
    I totally get that and agree with it

But the reality is that a GOP nominee isn’t winning an election without winning the suburban vote ... and notably making inroads with those women

I think most of us can realize that Trump’s not going to perform well in that segment ... he lost them in 2020 and I don’t see a path for him flipping that in 2024

There’s a lot of people out there that value whether they perceive a candidate is a “good person” as a key decision point
    Just curious, who did you vote for?
    I definitely didn’t vote for Biden
    Who did you vote for? A vote for anyone but Trump was a vote for Biden. Sort of surprised you didn't man up on the question.
    Bullshit. I held my nose and voted for Trump this tim around but the "a vote for anyone but x is a vote for y" is bullshit and always has been. That shits only true if you assume certain people's votes are owned by specific parties. My vote is owned by no one but me. If (when) the GOP fucks up and nominates an idiot I'll gladly take my vote elsewhere.

I'm sure you'll be voting third party yourself and checking the Patriot Party box in 2024.
    This is exactly what went through my head this time around ...

I've voted for members of both parties in the past for President ... I suspect that that will be the case again in the future.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2021

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

I have no issues with Noem ... would like to see her on a big stage to see how she does

That said, you can’t on one hand say that Republicans dropped the ball because they need to do a better job of what they say they are going to do (and she named examples) and then on the other hand say Trump is going to go down and judged as one of the best Presidents in history because of what he accomplished

I think her first response is correct and the better talking point ... President Trump accomplished a lot (name a couple) but as Republicans we failed to provide a replacement for Obamacare, drive comprehensive immigration reform, etc ... and note that as Republicans we want to be judged on our actions/results and how much they match our words ... that’s a winning message

In 1 week in the White House you can find countless examples of Biden playing the pay attention to what I say not what I do card

She's right you're not

You know how you like to talk about all accountability starts and ends at the top of the food chain?
    You know I love me some zone playing 3 point jackers but... Trump was the head of the GOP just as much as you played in the Final Four.

He caught those dipshits playing footsie across the aisle and asleep at the wheel. They were just as arrogant as the @DNC and by the time they figured out that he was going to be their nominee, they had to come along to go along.

Now that he's gone the Romeny/McConnells of the world are back to their old uniparty bullshit. Except now people are pissed and they are taking it out on the GOP.

If anything Trump is NOW the head of the GOP because he'll go in and primary damned near any of them. He'll give no fucks. Those 10 GOP clowns who voted for impeachment - they're toast. wellbye.gif to Liz Cheney and her ilk.

1) My comment was 81% a zing to Grandpappy Race who uses that logic often when it comes to UW Football, etc

2) I don’t disagree with you that those that held their nose with Trump now have a runway to distance themselves

I’ll just say this ... Trump’s brought certain things to the forefront that has exposed some of the lies and hypocrisy within Government ... the fact that the media has gone full propaganda since 2016 and not even trying to hide it is telling.

That said, Trump’s “brand” isn’t going to resonate enough to ever again get a win nationally because too many people in the middle won’t vote for him on principle (mean Orange man). Sure, that can work in some regions and locations but it’s just going to ensure a vocal minority.

Finding the balance between what has worked well while rebuilding the connection with those more moderate/centralized on the spectrum is required to beat the Democrats going forward. It’s basic math.

Why bother beating the democrats by being like them and chasing their narratives

GOP Scoducks
    I don’t endorse Biden in any manner ... I don’t expect the history books to look back on this Presidency fondly

That said, anybody that doesn’t understand how Trump’s persona bit him in the ass I don’t know what to tell you

The concerning thing to me with most heavy Trump supporters that I see is a refusal to concede that Trump has his own warts ... it’s Trump’s perfect and fuck everybody else
    Dude. You’re borderline AOG with this shit. Everyone here recognizes Trumps warts and misplays.

Trump got results. And He always did his way. As He has all of his life.

And He had some failures as well. But Trump as President had way more potential for the USA to further advancement as a mostly benevolent Super Power. The Worlds conflicts had been quiet these last 3 years with treaties achieved in the hottest spots.

Now planet Earth is bedlam.
    Clearly miss the things I’m saying ...

There are results that Trump produced most would rather sweep under the rug
    I’ve reread 3 times but I am still missing it. Given the amount of whiskey diets tonight, it may BE on me.
    I’ve had Democrat leaning friends of mine admit that Trump had policies that worked very well ... was really hard to complain about the economy before COVID. I think you can also point to his policies around energy independence and some of his International policies whether it be some of the Middle East peace agreements or being more vocal and bringing awareness around how the US effectively subsidizes many in terms of defense as ones that the average American would look upon favorably. And ultimately I do think his position on China and the threat to the Western countries going forward will prove to be far more accurate than many on the left would like to admit.

I think his handling of COVID early on had a bunch of mixed reviews with some criticisms being fair and others being spun. I think his boisterous personality makes him an easy target when things aren’t going great for people to latch onto. And whether fairly or unfairly, his general hedging on denouncing whether Charlottesville or others in the eyes of those in the middle was a lot. In the first debate he made a massive misstep when pushed about talking about the Proud Boys that I was quick to point out in many circles (and likely here) that Trump likely just lost the election. Then add on top of it some really questionable at best leadership tied to the storming of the Capitol and for many in the middle there’s just not anything that he can do going forward to mend those fences in their eyes.

That’s a long winded way of saying that if we’re talking about some of the successful policies and enablements of people coming out of Trump’s 4 years as I noted in the 1st paragraph (neither paragraph being comprehensive), that’s what I’m talking about the GOP embracing and leveraging going forward. They’ve found a number of areas where they can successfully resonate. But on the other hand, Trump’s left a stigma in the 2nd paragraph that any Republican going forward is going to hose off of them. Whether you want to say that a Republican needs to be kindler and gentler whatever. Point being is that a changing of the perception is required if the goal is to win in 2024.

Any Republican that thinks a status quo approach in 2024 is going to give different results is fooling themselves. The GOP to be successfully nationally needs to drive more appeal within the suburban middle classes. The results in Georgia this election cycle should be sealing volumes. Stay with the status quo and Texas will be the next Georgia in 8-12 years. Lose Texas and I think it’s fair to say the GOP is effectively a niche party going forward.

No mention of hundreds of racial hoaxes pumped by the media, no mention of the outright lie that he ever said Nazis were fine people, no mention of the 100% fake Russian Collusion allegations, no mention of fabricated evidence by FBI lawyers to illegally spy on his campaign, no mention of a completely bogus impeachment based on a pack of outright lies, and lacking any evidence, no mention of the actual quid pro quo Biden actually engaged in, compared to what was slipped in at the last minute after the Russian Collusion story collapsed in the middle of the impeachment process, to snag Trump for a phone call to Ukraine, and on and on and on. The press never fairly reported anything about the guy and they were 100% against him from day one of his presidency.

If you can't see how completely and badly you've been played by the media for 4 straight years, Teq, I can't help you.

It doesn't matter who the candidates are from here on out. If they don't suck up to the press, the administrative state and Silicon Valley, they will have an extremely difficult time getting more than single digits in any national election. Trust me on this. Look what they did to Bernie, and to Nader before him.

This mass media deception and cloaking of the truly wealthy and powerful who call all the shots in DC is where the deciding power lies, not amongst suburban women, whether they voted for Trump or not. Their votes are guided by their polluted brains fed by a corrupt media.

This is as close to OBK as I'll get, but if you don't account for all of the above, you're missing the whole story, by a mile.
    I know who I voted for and I know how much of the media garbage that I buy and don't buy ... it's one of the reasons that I pay a ton of attention to debates and words that come directly from the candidates because what comes out of your mouth you can't spin.

The point that you're missing, and the point that I'm trying to point out, is that a large % of people DON'T go through actively paying attention to what comes out of someone's mouth and relies on the news as a driver of their opinions. So in that sense, that's a huge issue.

I have a number of concerns going forward, many of which you've mentioned. But the simplest thing that the GOP can do going forward in future elections is to avoid running a candidate that the Dems and media can just say is a mean person and have people buy into it. For that reason, I think it's quite likely that a woman emerges as the GOP candidate in 2024. The GOP needs to work hard in the coming years at getting rid of the perception that they are the party for white males.

As for who controls things and what not, yes, that's a concern. What happened to Bernie was comical. It's one of the reasons why I was so disgusted with how Biden got the nomination. It was a call back to nomination processes well back in history. The system was gamed in a number of ways.

Reality is that we're going down the path of some of the main areas where the Roman Empire fell apart. We'd be wise to pay attention to history and wise up before it's too late (assuming it isn't already).
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

She's right you're not

GOP Scoducks

Dude. You’re borderline AOG with this shit. Everyone here recognizes Trumps warts and misplays.

And He had some failures as well. But Trump as President had way more potential for the USA to further advancement as a mostly benevolent Super Power. The Worlds conflicts had been quiet these last 3 years with treaties achieved in the hottest spots.

I’ve reread 3 times but I am still missing it. Given the amount of whiskey diets tonight, it may BE on me.
    I’ve had Democrat leaning friends of mine admit that Trump had policies that worked very well ... was really hard to complain about the economy before COVID. I think you can also point to his policies around energy independence and some of his International policies whether it be some of the Middle East peace agreements or being more vocal and bringing awareness around how the US effectively subsidizes many in terms of defense as ones that the average American would look upon favorably. And ultimately I do think his position on China and the threat to the Western countries going forward will prove to be far more accurate than many on the left would like to admit.

I think his handling of COVID early on had a bunch of mixed reviews with some criticisms being fair and others being spun. I think his boisterous personality makes him an easy target when things aren’t going great for people to latch onto. And whether fairly or unfairly, his general hedging on denouncing whether Charlottesville or others in the eyes of those in the middle was a lot. In the first debate he made a massive misstep when pushed about talking about the Proud Boys that I was quick to point out in many circles (and likely here) that Trump likely just lost the election. Then add on top of it some really questionable at best leadership tied to the storming of the Capitol and for many in the middle there’s just not anything that he can do going forward to mend those fences in their eyes.

That’s a long winded way of saying that if we’re talking about some of the successful policies and enablements of people coming out of Trump’s 4 years as I noted in the 1st paragraph (neither paragraph being comprehensive), that’s what I’m talking about the GOP embracing and leveraging going forward. They’ve found a number of areas where they can successfully resonate. But on the other hand, Trump’s left a stigma in the 2nd paragraph that any Republican going forward is going to hose off of them. Whether you want to say that a Republican needs to be kindler and gentler whatever. Point being is that a changing of the perception is required if the goal is to win in 2024.

Any Republican that thinks a status quo approach in 2024 is going to give different results is fooling themselves. The GOP to be successfully nationally needs to drive more appeal within the suburban middle classes. The results in Georgia this election cycle should be sealing volumes. Stay with the status quo and Texas will be the next Georgia in 8-12 years. Lose Texas and I think it’s fair to say the GOP is effectively a niche party going forward.

No mention of hundreds of racial hoaxes pumped by the media, no mention of the outright lie that he ever said Nazis were fine people, no mention of the 100% fake Russian Collusion allegations, no mention of fabricated evidence by FBI lawyers to illegally spy on his campaign, no mention of a completely bogus impeachment based on a pack of outright lies, and lacking any evidence, no mention of the actual quid pro quo Biden actually engaged in, compared to what was slipped in at the last minute after the Russian Collusion story collapsed in the middle of the impeachment process, to snag Trump for a phone call to Ukraine, and on and on and on. The press never fairly reported anything about the guy and they were 100% against him from day one of his presidency.

If you can't see how completely and badly you've been played by the media for 4 straight years, Teq, I can't help you.

It doesn't matter who the candidates are from here on out. If they don't suck up to the press, the administrative state and Silicon Valley, they will have an extremely difficult time getting more than single digits in any national election. Trust me on this. Look what they did to Bernie, and to Nader before him.

This mass media deception and cloaking of the truly wealthy and powerful who call all the shots in DC is where the deciding power lies, not amongst suburban women, whether they voted for Trump or not. Their votes are guided by their polluted brains fed by a corrupt media.

This is as close to OBK as I'll get, but if you don't account for all of the above, you're missing the whole story, by a mile.
    I know who I voted for and I know how much of the media garbage that I buy and don't buy ... it's one of the reasons that I pay a ton of attention to debates and words that come directly from the candidates because what comes out of your mouth you can't spin.

The point that you're missing, and the point that I'm trying to point out, is that a large % of people DON'T go through actively paying attention to what comes out of someone's mouth and relies on the news as a driver of their opinions. So in that sense, that's a huge issue.

I have a number of concerns going forward, many of which you've mentioned. But the simplest thing that the GOP can do going forward in future elections is to avoid running a candidate that the Dems and media can just say is a mean person and have people buy into it. For that reason, I think it's quite likely that a woman emerges as the GOP candidate in 2024. The GOP needs to work hard in the coming years at getting rid of the perception that they are the party for white males.

As for who controls things and what not, yes, that's a concern. What happened to Bernie was comical. It's one of the reasons why I was so disgusted with how Biden got the nomination. It was a call back to nomination processes well back in history. The system was gamed in a number of ways.

Reality is that we're going down the path of some of the main areas where the Roman Empire fell apart. We'd be wise to pay attention to history and wise up before it's too late (assuming it isn't already).
    Unfortunately the Dems made their party the anti white people and anti male party
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Kaepsknee said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

She's right you're not

GOP Scoducks

So you're basically saying suburban voters are passive listeners to a biased mainstream press, which will determine the way they vote, which means only a nice guy or gal can win in the future, cause Trump lost cause he was perceived as mean.

You're actually describing the prevailing NYT and NPR-fed urban neighborhoods like Wallingford and Laurelhurst and similar neighborhoods within cities like Portland, Austin, Nashville, Denver, Boise and even Missoula more than the traditional suburbs. A lot of Dem voters grew up in the burbs, and now mock them as they gentrify neighborhoods that surround the downtowns.

So, I'm not sure I agree on the demographics, especially going forward. Old suburban neighborhoods like I grew up in are filling up with migrants from the poorly-run cities, especially the new WFH crowd of well-paid employees. And those folks are buying lawn mowers and trucks.

I think we're in agreement, though, that a mainstream media that lies 24/7/365 in favor of one party or candidate over another, is a bigger problem in electing a President that truly serves the people - like Trump did - and the combination of Social Media, Big Tech and the MSM establishment will actually choose the next future Presidents.

You may have heard, by the way, that Trump just got nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize, and not just for his skin color, like Obama the Warmonger.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,562
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How is that covid message thing working out for you all now?

Following democrat narratives is stupid