Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kristi Noem: How the GOP failed the nation

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,220
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

NY's 222 deaths per 100K still greater than SD's 200. But the Jackrabbits are closing the gap fast.

ND fucked up. Mask mandate.

If you see anybody from the Noem Administration in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.
    Right you are!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,557
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

NY's 222 deaths per 100K still greater than SD's 200. But the Jackrabbits are closing the gap fast.

If you see anybody from the Noem Administration in a restaurant, in a department store, at a gasoline station, you get out and you create a crowd. And you push back on them. And you tell them they're not welcome anymore, anywhere.
    Right you are!
    ICYMI

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021
    AOG said:

AOG said:

I don't get how Biden oversteps his authority by reversing a Trump executive order that was probably "executive overreach." A good example is the Muslim ban. It's just back to the way it was prior to Trump's executive overreach.

Uh, the President has explicit statutory authority to restrict immigration. And there was not "Muslim" ban. There was a ban from countries that could not supply sufficient information to verify qualification for travel and immigration to the US. These countries were largely muslim sh*tholes. Go figure. Biden is free to exercise his authority in this area. Personally, I think travelers and immigrants to the US should be vetted. Others root for the away team.
    Whatever. It was a Muslim ban.
    It should have been a muslim ban

The Muslim world is our explicit enemy.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,171
    Founders Club
    AOG said:

OK I did review all 42 EOs. Admittedly there are a fuckload of them. A large portion though reverse Trump's EOs.

At least you're trying to be honest
  • Options
    hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

North Dakota’s COVID deaths per reported cases is 1.5%. South Dakota’s is a staggering 1.6%.
    Partisan fag that you are thinks mask mandates and lockdowns work. Make sure to wear five masks and bend over for your anal swab.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,171
    Founders Club

New York lied about the numbers as people died

Still need to tighten that up Skippy
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Right you are!
    ICYMI

That sure is a big number. You sure it’s correct?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Right you are!
    Do you realize you'd be better off poasting nothing most of the time?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I have no issues with Noem ... would like to see her on a big stage to see how she does

That said, you can’t on one hand say that Republicans dropped the ball because they need to do a better job of what they say they are going to do (and she named examples) and then on the other hand say Trump is going to go down and judged as one of the best Presidents in history because of what he accomplished

It just comes off as playing both sides ...

I think her first response is correct and the better talking point ... President Trump accomplished a lot (name a couple) but as Republicans we failed to provide a replacement for Obamacare, drive comprehensive immigration reform, etc ... and note that as Republicans we want to be judged on our actions/results and how much they match our words ... that’s a winning message

In 1 week in the White House you can find countless examples of Biden playing the pay attention to what I say not what I do card
  • Options
    AOGAOG Member Posts: 1,481
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I have no issues with Noem ... would like to see her on a big stage to see how she does

That said, you can’t on one hand say that Republicans dropped the ball because they need to do a better job of what they say they are going to do (and she named examples) and then on the other hand say Trump is going to go down and judged as one of the best Presidents in history because of what he accomplished

I think her first response is correct and the better talking point ... President Trump accomplished a lot (name a couple) but as Republicans we failed to provide a replacement for Obamacare, drive comprehensive immigration reform, etc ... and note that as Republicans we want to be judged on our actions/results and how much they match our words ... that’s a winning message

In 1 week in the White House you can find countless examples of Biden playing the pay attention to what I say not what I do card

@NorthwestFresh @RaceBannon this is an example of more like what we call an "argument." You state a few facts, reach a conclusion, and don't fuck everybody off at the same time
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

The GOP was worthless to Trump

She's right you're not
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Right you are!
    ICYMI

This is about 8X the number of people who died @PearlHarbor. Why does Biden do Nothing!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

She's right you're not
    Trump was the head of the GOP ...

You know how you like to talk about all accountability starts and ends at the top of the food chain?
  • Options
    AOG said:

Tequilla said:

@NorthwestFresh @RaceBannon this is an example of more like what we call an "argument." You state a few facts, reach a conclusion, and don't fuck everybody off at the same time
    Fuck Off.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

She's right you're not

You know how you like to talk about all accountability starts and ends at the top of the food chain?
    Thick as a brick
  • Options
    WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,968
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

You can only accomplish so much with an executive order. Comprehensive immigration reform requires legislation. When you have at best one or two democrat senators that support a truly closed border and limited immigration combined with an amnesty program, there will be no such legislation. You need 60 votes in the Senate for that and you probably have at best 25 republican senators that want a closed border and limited immigration after amnesty. Hell, you have the dem Speaker of the House defending MS-13 illegals.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited January 2021
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

She's right you're not

Bullshit. Trump had the voter loyalty but the McConnells of the world and other swamp creatures hated him from day one.

Now they get to do what they are best at- blame the other side while doing absolutely nothing and collect chinese cash.

Dems are bummed out because they were enjoying that game but then the dastardly little people in the party helped cheat and actually get biden in.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

She's right you're not

Too much MBA thinking. Not enough smelling the coffee.