Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

GamesStop

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Millions in government payments to Trump properties.

But Yellen got a speaker's fee.

#selective outrage

but but but but

Millions of dollars in speakers fees from the people she "regulates"

Biden cock sucker
    Daddy was in office when he got the $.

Yellen wasn't.

Not saying she's not compromised, but what excites you girls is always amusing.
    Pointing out that the Treasury Secretary is literally owned by billionaire hedge fund managers and Goldman Sachs isn’t exciting. It’s reality and you are defending it.
    She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

You don't seem to understand how bribery works, Boris.
    This rabbit hole is going to be pretty deep. There's no amount of bribery that can fix this. There's potential cooperation between hedge fund managers and retail stock platforms blocking retail purchases of specific stocks. It's out in the open, there's no burying it. CNBC is already connecting the dots between Robinhood and Citadel, and it only took a couple hours. A lot of people are going to go to jail over this. When you have AOC and Ted Cruz agreeing, you're fucked. Both sides of the aisle are going to see this as a political opportunity and will make examples of these people. I'd be shocked if a few of them even avoid the soft vacation jails and get sent to federal pound me in the ass prison.
    I agree with what you said other than nobody will even be investigated, let alone prosecuted. Biden and his administration are owned by Wall Street. We? retail traders simply do not matter and those impacted by the buying freeze will be fucked. Melvin Capital already got its losses covered by two other funds.

It’s completely rigged, just like the election.
    5 years ago I would agree. But given the political environment, not having an investigation and convictions would be political suicide.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,455 Founders Club
    Might be time to wag the dog

Hello Syria
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#selective outrage

but but but but

Biden cock sucker

Yellen wasn't.

Pointing out that the Treasury Secretary is literally owned by billionaire hedge fund managers and Goldman Sachs isn’t exciting. It’s reality and you are defending it.
    She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

This rabbit hole is going to be pretty deep. There's no amount of bribery that can fix this. There's potential cooperation between hedge fund managers and retail stock platforms blocking retail purchases of specific stocks. It's out in the open, there's no burying it. CNBC is already connecting the dots between Robinhood and Citadel, and it only took a couple hours. A lot of people are going to go to jail over this. When you have AOC and Ted Cruz agreeing, you're fucked. Both sides of the aisle are going to see this as a political opportunity and will make examples of these people. I'd be shocked if a few of them even avoid the soft vacation jails and get sent to federal pound me in the ass prison.
    There are only two things The Throbber fears in this life -Mrs. Throbber v2.0 and the Securities Exchange Commission.

These people should be afraid. Very afraid.

If you've lost Cramerica, you've lost.

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#selective outrage

but but but but

Biden cock sucker

Yellen wasn't.

She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

I agree with what you said other than nobody will even be investigated, let alone prosecuted. Biden and his administration are owned by Wall Street. We? retail traders simply do not matter and those impacted by the buying freeze will be fucked. Melvin Capital already got its losses covered by two other funds.

5 years ago I would agree. But given the political environment, not having an investigation and convictions would be political suicide.
    I don’t think so. It will go away and be forgotten. You already have Wall Street bootlickers like @HHusky defending the corruption of Yellen and her billionaires buddies over the small traders.
    edited January 2021

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#selective outrage

but but but but

Biden cock sucker

Yellen wasn't.

She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

I don’t think so. It will go away and be forgotten. You already have Wall Street bootlickers like @HHusky defending the corruption of Yellen and her billionaires buddies over the small traders.
    It's all over the news right now. Elon Musk, Portnoy, Cuban, are all over it. This thing isn't going away. I'd be shocked if you don't see an end to options trading. The best thing about this is the movie the will come of this. "From the creators of The Big Short, now give you The Big Squeeze."

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#selective outrage

but but but but

Biden cock sucker

Yellen wasn't.

She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

It's all over the news right now. Elon Musk, Portnoy, Cuban, are all over it. This thing isn't going away. I'd be shocked if you don't see an end to options trading.
    Maybe some of the 'news' will also man up and go after the insider trading exemption granted to members of Congress. If Cuban thinks he's the next alt-version of Trump as POTUS, he'd instantly gain street cred by going on the offensive on that dirty little secret.

That is some bullshit.

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#selective outrage

but but but but

Biden cock sucker

Yellen wasn't.

She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

It's all over the news right now. Elon Musk, Portnoy, Cuban, are all over it. This thing isn't going away. I'd be shocked if you don't see an end to options trading.
    Maybe some of the 'news' will also man up and go after the insider trading exemption granted to members of Congress. If Cuban thinks he's the next alt-version of Trump as POTUS, he'd instantly gain street cred by going on the offensive on that dirty little secret.

That is some bullshit.

I think everything is open at this point. There are a lot of pissed off people. Did you see Steven Cohen's response to Portnoy? "Hey Dave, What's your beef with me. I'm just trying to make a living like you. Happy to take this offline."

It's comments like that that will carry this forward. These people have the knowledge and technology to absolutely destroy guys like Cohen.
    People should watch the Big Short again

In particular the - hey the housing market is still great - crowd

tick tick tick

Rent holidays can't last forever and the mortgage still has to be paid. To most of the posters on this board the housing market is still great. If you put your house for sale it will sell. Good locations will hold value. Wok at home has people wanting nice homes to work in. Remodeling is off the charts. All good signs

But what happens when everyone needs to sell at once in burbs 100 miles from the coast? The 2007 collapse started quietly in Las Vegas, Arizona, and other places that were over built to give people a piece of the dream they could afford.

I guess one positive is that 2005 was on the heels of 10 years of over building and new home construction has been nowhere near that level since 2008

Hedge funds made billions on the short then bought up the stock at auction and rented it out. I was there
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    HHusky said:

#selective outrage

I struggle to understa

tick tick tick

Rent holidays can't last forever and the mortgage still has to be paid. To most of the posters on this board the housing market is still great. If you put your house for sale it will sell. Good locations will hold value. Wok at home has people wanting nice homes to work in. Remodeling is off the charts. All good signs

But what happens when everyone needs to sell at once in burbs 100 miles from the coast? The 2007 collapse started quietly in Las Vegas, Arizona, and other places that were over built to give people a piece of the dream they could afford.

I guess one positive is that 2005 was on the heels of 10 years of over building and new home construction has been nowhere near that level since 2008

Hedge funds made billions on the short then bought up the stock at auction and rented it out. I was there

They can apply for and purchase a Home Sale Authorization certificate and sell it!

tick tick tick

The collapse this time is going to be the commercial real estate market - war zoom meetings, no I don't need to renew my 50,000 square foot lease in the Columbia Tower....I'll just knock back 5,000 sq ft. with a shared conference room, thank you very much.

Housing inventory is super tight....though the builders are ramping it up big time and will probably overswing the correction too far.

This run it up/fuck the hedge funds is a dangerous game. You can beat Jordan once by jacking up threes immediately....you're not going to beat him multiple games. The Wall Street guys will just needed more time to get their own counterattack in there.

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,332 Swaye's Wigwam
    So yes or no on the pontoon boat at the boat show tomorrow?

tick tick tick

The eviction moratorium will also destroy the rental market. It's only a matter of time until private landlords will be forced to sell their rentals on the market which drive prices down again.

tick tick tick

The collapse this time is going to be the commercial real estate market - war zoom meetings, no I don't need to renew my 50,000 square foot lease in the Columbia Tower....I'll just knock back 5,000 sq ft. with a shared conference room, thank you very much.

Housing inventory is super tight....though the builders are ramping it up big time and will probably overswing the correction too far.

This run it up/fuck the hedge funds is a dangerous game. You can beat Jordan once by jacking up threes immediately....you're not going to beat him multiple games. The Wall Street guys will just needed more time to get their own counterattack in there.

There is huge upside to a commercial real estate collapse. Columbia Tower Condos with a mall at the base. Never leave your building. Shopping centers become work, live, shop centers with acres of parking lots to turn into pools and ball fields and green areas.

Ah to be a young billionaire today.

Commercial survived last time but as you say, things change. People will get tired of working at home too though
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

#selective outrage

but but but but

Biden cock sucker

Yellen wasn't.

She's already been paid.

And everyone knows it.

It's all over the news right now. Elon Musk, Portnoy, Cuban, are all over it. This thing isn't going away. I'd be shocked if you don't see an end to options trading. The best thing about this is the movie the will come of this. "From the creators of The Big Short, now give you The Big Squeeze."
    I’d prefer a Ben Mezrich version over a Michael Lewis version, but either will do.

tick tick tick

There is huge upside to a commercial real estate collapse. Columbia Tower Condos with a mall at the base. Never leave your building. Shopping centers become work, live, shop centers with acres of parking lots to turn into pools and ball fields and green areas.

Ah to be a young billionaire today.

Commercial survived last time but as you say, things change. People will get tired of working at home too though
    I do agree - commercial space will convert to condos/lifestyle stuff. Just saw a development in Miami with that concept. Basically never leave your bunker.

I just talked to a commercial broker two days ago. Dude is bi-polar. Can't sign a lease to save his life. Sales are going through the roof though and fast.