Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Well, I hope it was worth it.

Comments

• EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895 Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Was at the dentist today, talking to the hygienist about this kind of crap. So I axed (regional talk I learned in Baltmer) her if she gets tired of wearing the masks.

She said "oh you get used to it"

My reply "That is exactly why I don't wear one"

Be prepared to the new way of life and death - it affects kids harder but we as adults have allowed our government to do this.

There’s nothing workers like more than some jackass customer trying to make political points as they try to do their job.
    What is political about their conversation, as it was described?

Thanks for admitting this mask bullshit is political. Science!!
    I thank god, everyday, that fascism mostly attracts idiots like you.
    Not complying with a governmental mask mandate, right or wrong, is the opposite of fascism, you dunce.

Still having trouble understanding a label you throw around with such ignorance and ease. HTH.
    But how is telling people you won’t wear a mask political?
    Are you really this stupid? You claimed the conversation was political. Then you called him a fascist. All based on no evidence or context.

I didn’t call him a fascist, I called you a fascist.
    Did someone say fascist? If you’re just going to throw words around that you don’t understand, at least be consistent in labeling people.

Oh, and you support Fascism and don’t even know it.

Could you tell me which ones specifically you feel are fascism? Because some of them are just undoing Trump executive orders. So if EOs are fascism and Biden is undoing what Trump did, surely, those would be anti-fascist.

Here’s an example of a non Trump EO by Biden though;

Executive order assisting veterans with debt

Biden’s order asked the Department of Veterans Affairs with considering a freeze on federal debt and overpayment collection from about 2 million veterans.

Scary stuff.
    Ruben is already bowing to Dear Leader and his executive orders.

How about canceling Keystone XL permits?

How about banning fracking on federal land when both he and The Laugher promised they wouldn’t ban fracking?

Those are good with you, bootlicker?
    Yes, those are good.

The pipeline would have been an environmental disaster and we should be pushing every resource possible into renewables.

Banning fracking on federal land isn’t banning fracking. You’re playing a language trick and it makes it obvious that your complaints aren’t genuine. But your support for private companies using the government to make profit is noted.
    Keep sucking that Green New Dick. Fucking loser.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited January 2021

LebamDawg said:

Was at the dentist today, talking to the hygienist about this kind of crap. So I axed (regional talk I learned in Baltmer) her if she gets tired of wearing the masks.

Be prepared to the new way of life and death - it affects kids harder but we as adults have allowed our government to do this.

There’s nothing workers like more than some jackass customer trying to make political points as they try to do their job.

Not complying with a governmental mask mandate, right or wrong, is the opposite of fascism, you dunce.

Still having trouble understanding a label you throw around with such ignorance and ease. HTH.
    Are you really this stupid? You claimed the conversation was political. Then you called him a fascist. All based on no evidence or context.

Did someone say fascist? If you’re just going to throw words around that you don’t understand, at least be consistent in labeling people.

Could you tell me which ones specifically you feel are fascism? Because some of them are just undoing Trump executive orders. So if EOs are fascism and Biden is undoing what Trump did, surely, those would be anti-fascist.

Biden’s order asked the Department of Veterans Affairs with considering a freeze on federal debt and overpayment collection from about 2 million veterans.

Scary stuff.

How about banning fracking on federal land when both he and The Laugher promised they wouldn’t ban fracking?

Yes, those are good.

The pipeline would have been an environmental disaster and we should be pushing every resource possible into renewables.

Banning fracking on federal land isn’t banning fracking. You’re playing a language trick and it makes it obvious that your complaints aren’t genuine. But your support for private companies using the government to make profit is noted.
    XL is an addition to the already existing Keystone pipeline, you idiot.

Again, now that oil will still be shipped via truck and rail instead of pipeline. What do you think those trucks with oval trailers and trains with oval cargo cars have in them?

It’s a favor to Warren Buffett, China, and Russia.

Banning fracking on federal lands already has people out of work. It’s a BAN, you retarded Dribble Ball Guy.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Started this today. Quite good so far.

• TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

Public schools are communism.

Well, Critical Race Theory sure as hell is Marxism, and they're teaching in the primary grades now, so you really thing you landed a haymaker there, @TheKobeStopper?
    Yeah, I know. That’s why it’s obvious you guys don’t give a fuck about those dead kids as you use them as a bludgeon to attack democrats.
    You guys? Stop grouping, Fascist. I speak for myself.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,279 Founders Club

Good tip, worth the read.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.
    Is a VA loan debt? Axing for a fren
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.

Yes, those are good.

Ive heard it called an environmental disaster, but how was that so exactly? Honest question.

I’m not an anti climate change person. I sense it’s overblown by many at the same time for other purposes. Then hear things like environmental justice and equity in the GND, which makes me a skeptic that the motives are pure.

My rationale opinion is that you’ll get where you want to go faster and better by making a strict economic argument. Which hasn’t been made by anyone yet.
  • Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,201 Swaye's Wigwam

Haven’t read it or know anything about it, guessing it’s making the case to make the world as rich as possible in the short term will lead to more free cash flows for investment in the next big thing that can replace oil when the math is ready?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,467 Founders Club
    Carbon has billions of people living better than kings of old

And its why we have enough food for all of us

Oil is amoral but what the greens advocate is immoral
    Bob_C said:

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.

Yes, those are good.

Ive heard it called an environmental disaster, but how was that so exactly? Honest question.

I’m not an anti climate change person. I sense it’s overblown by many at the same time for other purposes. Then hear things like environmental justice and equity in the GND, which makes me a skeptic that the motives are pure.

My rationale opinion is that you’ll get where you want to go faster and better by making a strict economic argument. Which hasn’t been made by anyone yet.
    This empty statement is the tell: The pipeline would have been an environmental disaster and we should be pushing every resource possible into renewables.
    Bob_C said:

Haven’t read it or know anything about it, guessing it’s making the case to make the world as rich as possible in the short term will lead to more free cash flows for investment in the next big thing that can replace oil when the math is ready?
    Nope not really. The author is a philosopher who uses reason and logic along with observations and macro data to show how beneficial fossil fuels have been and continue to be to humankind. It's a good read.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    edited January 2021
    <
    doogie said:

Bob_C said:

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.

Yes, those are good.

This empty statement is the tell: The pipeline would have been an environmental disaster and we should be pushing every resource possible into renewables.
    Word. Pipelines are exponentially safer than rail or truck. And it’s not even close.

When’s the last time you ever heard of a pipeline derailing and falling into a neighboring river (the tradition route of many rail lines)?

When’s the last time leftist terrorist groups placed derailment devices under a pipeline?

<

doogie said:

Bob_C said:

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.

Yes, those are good.

Word. Pipelines are exponentially safer than rail or truck. And it’s not even close.

When’s the last time you ever heard of a pipeline derailing and falling into a neighboring river (the tradition route of many rail lines)?

When’s the last time leftist terrorist groups placed derailment devices under a pipeline?
    It's not about the environment. It's about driving up the cost of fossil fuels to make alternatives more palatable to those not paying attention.
    but, but, but, Kobe’s talking points said it’s about the Environment.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

<

doogie said:

Bob_C said:

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.

Yes, those are good.

It's not about the environment. It's about driving up the cost of fossil fuels to make alternatives more palatable to those not paying attention.
    see also my post on the educated finance board.

Instead of killing the current oil industry, provide such ridiculous incentives for consumers to move to alternate sources that over time, they do.

You don't turn an airliner 90 degrees without causing massive harm to the occupants. Slow gradual turn and everybody can lean into it.

That said, Jake Browning suck and Joe Biden can go fuck himself. Another in a line of murderers on the left. American families are going to suffer irreparably in the short term.

doogie said:

but, but, but, Kobe’s talking points said it’s about the Environment.

Well, Kobe huffs bug spray. He's a complete idiot.

We, who do not huff bug spray, all know that moving oil via pipelines is far better for the environment than transporting it via trains and trucks. It is also a much cheaper means of transporting oil which effectively drives down the cost of petroleum products. Kobe's handlers understand that the latter is an economic threat to their agenda. They will necessarily make fossil fuels as expensive as possible by all means at their disposal, from taxes, to regulations, to executive orders killing multinational projects. Fascists gonna fascist.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Bob_C said:

Nope not really. The author is a philosopher who uses reason and logic along with observations and macro data to show how beneficial fossil fuels have been and continue to be to humankind. It's a good read.
    I stumbled on that book in the Libby app, and started it last night. Apropos to discussions here, the author's implicit argument is counter to the Greenie misanthropic philosophies.

As discussed in Nacho's book club thread, I'd highly recommend reading Energy by Richard Rhodes and then follow up with Apocalypse Never by Shellenberger.

<

doogie said:

Bob_C said:

LebamDawg said:

Scary stuff.

Yes, those are good.

see also my post on the educated finance board.

Instead of killing the current oil industry, provide such ridiculous incentives for consumers to move to alternate sources that over time, they do.

You don't turn an airliner 90 degrees without causing massive harm to the occupants. Slow gradual turn and everybody can lean into it.

That said, Jake Browning suck and Joe Biden can go fuck himself. Another in a line of murderers on the left. American families are going to suffer irreparably in the short term.

I'm not a fan of picking winners via government incentives. That never ends well.

Over time, economically viable alternatives to fossil fuels will come online. Currently the most promising among them are nuclear technologies. For now, we should be taking advantage of the plentiful and inexpensive fuel sources we have at hand, which in the US are oil, gas, coal and in some regions, hydro-electric.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/24/us/politics/student-suicides-nevada-coronavirus.html

Blood on your hands, leftists. Blood on your hands.

Destroyed the economy and relied on 'science' (cough cough) so the mean.orange.man goes away.

Fuck you all.

Necessary thinning of the herd. Need to weed out the mentally weak if the species will thrive in the long run.

Bob_C said:

I stumbled on that book in the Libby app, and started it last night. Apropos to discussions here, the author's implicit argument is counter to the Greenie misanthropic philosophies.

As discussed in Nacho's book club thread, I'd highly recommend reading Energy by Richard Rhodes and then follow up with Apocalypse Never by Shellenberger.
    Have not read those. I will now. Cheers.