Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Gervin has left the building

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,350 Founders Club
I always put a lot of thought into making the decision to let someone go. Hardcore Husky is dedicated to free speech.

This was a difficult decision. Just about ten day ago, I PM'd him to thank him for the work he was doing in the Kobestopper Cafe.

But the last four days I have seen some very disturbing spamming in The Tug that felt way off. I always want to make sure my reaction isn't because I might disagree with where someone is coming from politically.

I asked myself why is it okay with me for OBK to go off the rails but not Gervin. With OBK it is more amusing and bizarre but it would only feel like it was detrimental to the site if he was hijacking multiple threads and spamming his craziness all over the place. He doesn't do that.

Gervin was hijacking multiple threads and going off the deep rails with stuff that was beyond the pale. And yes, I would feel the same way if it was directed at Democrats or Joe Biden and his wife.

In the past I would allow this type of situation to play out for a few more weeks and consult with the other mods to get their input, to make sure I'm not overreacting. But at this point I have enough experience to see where this goes if allowed to play out.

As always, I view myself as a type of manager of a sports bar. I constantly ask myself what is best for the customers and the experience here.

I wish him well and I hope he finds himself a good place to hang out at and post stuff. Btw, multiple people accused him of being Hondo, but he was not Hondo.

Comments