Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Morris

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

I like where we sit at QB next year. Morris did very well as a RS freshman qb. If Huard beats him out, that's a really good sign

Slightly better QBR in Pac Games for Redshirt Frosh Morris (135.6) in 4 Conference Games vs True Freshman Browning (132.56) in 9 Conference Games. Not much to glean from this I suppose, but Morris seems to be less of a pants shitter and you gotta like no sacks stat.

Hard to say with Morris having faced zero road games (and even if he had they wouldn't have been true road games).

NFL data shows road offense scoring is way up this year since they don't have to worry about not being able to hear the snap count. This keeps the pass rush at bay and sets off a whole chain reaction. There's no reason to think this doesn't apply to college as well.

All the other QBs this year had the same advantages as Morris and he still did better than them so I'm not saying he's not good. Comp him to other 2020 Pac QB's all day. But a comp to 2015 Browning is pretty meaningless.

Hopefully we'll get to see a real season next year. I'm skeptical though.
    Good post. Look, I've been among to most vocal here in saying the 2020 season is a worthless as tits on a boar. But now that TSIO I supposed we have to have, at least, some stats are for losers hawt talk.

Re: 2021 I don't see how we don't have a full or close to full slate. Enough financial devastation has occurred. Even the Pac will figure it out.
    I'm pretty cynical about everything at this poont.

I hope you're right.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I like where we sit at QB next year. Morris did very well as a RS freshman qb. If Huard beats him out, that's a really good sign

Slightly better QBR in Pac Games for Redshirt Frosh Morris (135.6) in 4 Conference Games vs True Freshman Browning (132.56) in 9 Conference Games. Not much to glean from this I suppose, but Morris seems to be less of a pants shitter and you gotta like no sacks stat.

Hard to say with Morris having faced zero road games (and even if he had they wouldn't have been true road games).

NFL data shows road offense scoring is way up this year since they don't have to worry about not being able to hear the snap count. This keeps the pass rush at bay and sets off a whole chain reaction. There's no reason to think this doesn't apply to college as well.

All the other QBs this year had the same advantages as Morris and he still did better than them so I'm not saying he's not good. Comp him to other 2020 Pac QB's all day. But a comp to 2015 Browning is pretty meaningless.

Good post. Look, I've been among to most vocal here in saying the 2020 season is a worthless as tits on a boar. But now that TSIO I supposed we have to have, at least, some stats are for losers hawt talk.

Re: 2021 I don't see how we don't have a full or close to full slate. Enough financial devastation has occurred. Even the Pac will figure it out.

I hope you're right.
    California will ruin it.

dnc said:

dnc said:

I hope you're right.
    California will ruin it.
    Why do you hate Inslee?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,072 Founders Club
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I hope you're right.
    California will ruin it.
    Why do you hate Inslee?
    Careful guysm.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

I hope you're right.
    California will ruin it.
    Why do you hate Inslee?
    Wa and Oregon will follow whatever they do. It’s like nobody has an original thought. Just remember to support the kids and be all in.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,607 Swaye's Wigwam
    It's Morris' team. The players seemed to respond really well to his energy. He showed leadership.

That goes a long way. Sam will really have to outplay him and he will have to win the locker room.

I think Huard redshirts, but that still puts him only 1 year behind Morris, who will still be a R-frosh next year right?

If Morris does well and holds on to the job, I dont see Huard waiting for 4 years to be a starter...

It's Morris' team. The players seemed to respond really well to his energy. He showed leadership.

That goes a long way. Sam will really have to outplay him and he will have to win the locker room.

I think Huard redshirts, but that still puts him only 1 year behind Morris, who will still be a R-frosh next year right?

If Morris does well and holds on to the job, I dont see Huard waiting for 4 years to be a starter...

Morris isn't starting over Huard in 2022 (baring injury).

Get all the screenshots you need.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,607 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Doogs love savior QBs

dnc said:

Doogs love savior QBs
    You're the one sucking a kid's dick who can't hit a deep ball to save his life.

hth
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Doogs love savior QBs
    You're the one sucking a kid's dick who can't hit a deep ball to save his life.

hth
    Where am I sucking his dick? Im being objective

Youre a TBSer thru and thru
  • biak1biak1 Member Posts: 4,093
    Morris can't throw the ball well. It's a QB's game.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    edited December 2020
    He’s fine. I don’t think he’s good enough to win you an NY6 game. He’s pretty much Browning level. I really hope Sammy Buckets is that dude!
  • Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,723
    I don't think there's any way that Huard does not get started by 2022. Mainly because he's a legacy 5-star recruit from Seattle who will get every shot to fail.
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,950 Swaye's Wigwam

Most QB’s are busts. I got Morris winning the battle next year. If he plays well, he’s not coming out.

Same here. Morris is going to be pretty good...better than Browning. My experience as a follower of football just tells me the incoming freshman probably won't outplay him in camp.

Once in a while I go watch either his or Tinae's highlights and i waver a bit for a few days.
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,358 Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

D-MO isn't good. Weird delivery. Ball placement on intermediate routes is off too much. Deep ball sucks. He's a very average college QB.
    He played 4 fucking games and is 19

He did fine and was much better than everyone on here thought
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    HuskyJW said:

D-MO isn't good. Weird delivery. Ball placement on intermediate routes is off too much. Deep ball sucks. He's a very average college QB.
    He played 4 fucking games and is 19

He did fine and was much better than everyone on here thought
    “Fine”

Fine loses you games when your defense isn’t playing well. Which inevitably they will at one point or another during the year.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    dnc said:

I think that hurt Morris. He seems like the kind of QB that performs better on the road.