Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• JoeyJoey Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,588 Founders Club
    edited December 2020

Is this right? His only sack was running out of bounds for a loss?

Yep.gif
    Vs Arizona
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,072 Founders Club

Is this right? His only sack was running out of bounds for a loss?

Yep.gif
    Vs Arizona
    Crisp as fuck.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club
    DMO good at everything!
  • EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 4,161

I like where we sit at QB next year. Morris did very well as a RS freshman qb. If Huard beats him out, that's a really good sign

I told you, JonDon sucks. . . . . .. ! !! ! ! ! ! ! And this was likely our # 2 QB.

Head exploding gif here.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,782 Founders Club
    Next year's champions

I like where we sit at QB next year. Morris did very well as a RS freshman qb. If Huard beats him out, that's a really good sign

Slightly better QBR in Pac Games for Redshirt Frosh Morris (135.6) in 4 Conference Games vs True Freshman Browning (132.56) in 9 Conference Games. Not much to glean from this I suppose, but Morris seems to be less of a pants shitter and you gotta like no sacks stat.

• honeybadger40honeybadger40 Member Posts: 60

D-MO isn't good. Weird delivery. Ball placement on intermediate routes is off too much. Deep ball sucks. He's a very average college QB.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,966
    Watch Garbers win out this Spring...think he has the most upside until Huard gets his feet wet.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Slightly better QBR in Pac Games for Redshirt Frosh Morris (135.6) in 4 Conference Games vs True Freshman Browning (132.56) in 9 Conference Games. Not much to glean from this I suppose, but Morris seems to be less of a pants shitter and you gotta like no sacks stat.

Hard to say with Morris having faced zero road games (and even if he had they wouldn't have been true road games).

NFL data shows road offense scoring is way up this year since they don't have to worry about not being able to hear the snap count. This keeps the pass rush at bay and sets off a whole chain reaction. There's no reason to think this doesn't apply to college as well.

All the other QBs this year had the same advantages as Morris and he still did better than them so I'm not saying he's not good. Comp him to other 2020 Pac QB's all day. But a comp to 2015 Browning is pretty meaningless.

Hopefully we'll get to see a real season next year. I'm skeptical though.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,050 Standard Supporter
    Morris is fine but I would not consider him good. But he has a good pocket presence. And does not shit the bed. Our pass protection this year was very good. Kudos to huff for complaining about the scheme and then actually coaching a unit that performed well when he got to do something about it.
    dnc said:

Hard to say with Morris having faced zero road games (and even if he had they wouldn't have been true road games).

NFL data shows road offense scoring is way up this year since they don't have to worry about not being able to hear the snap count. This keeps the pass rush at bay and sets off a whole chain reaction. There's no reason to think this doesn't apply to college as well.

All the other QBs this year had the same advantages as Morris and he still did better than them so I'm not saying he's not good. Comp him to other 2020 Pac QB's all day. But a comp to 2015 Browning is pretty meaningless.

Hopefully we'll get to see a real season next year. I'm skeptical though.
    Good post. Look, I've been among to most vocal here in saying the 2020 season is a worthless as tits on a boar. But now that TSIO I supposed we have to have, at least, some stats are for losers hawt talk.

Re: 2021 I don't see how we don't have a full or close to full slate. Enough financial devastation has occurred. Even the Pac will figure it out.