Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Megwa, 2022 4* RB, Keller (Timber Creek), TX (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

Megwa is not that great. He's a guy with Gaskin-like traits but slower. At one point in his hudl he is chased down by a small white kid in the open field. Buzz kill.

I actually liked Sunday's film better.

Shit take. Megwa was similar but easily faster than Gaskin in his earlier film. In his junior film he's not even the same kid. He's not Gaskin-like at all. He's three inches taller and 25 lbs heavier and runs like the big back that he is.
    Chuck, chuck, chuck. The eyes are for more than reading stats.

He picks his way along the line in a way very reminiscent of Myles, he has great patience and instincts. He just does not have great burst, and in the open field he's no more deadly than Kamari Pleasant. He's a good back but if he went to Alabama, for instance, he would never carry the rock.

Also, Myles was much quicker and faster in his O'Dea film. I'm surprised you're making that comparison.

Myles had at least two TD runs of 80+ yards at UW, multiple in the 40+ range. I don't see Emeka doing that, no matter how many tackles he can break as the proverbial big back.

Being pompous about it doeant give your shit take any more credence. You also didn't address the obvious evolution he's gone through physically.

We shall see. He still has his senior season.

Megwa is not that great. He's a guy with Gaskin-like traits but slower. At one point in his hudl he is chased down by a small white kid in the open field. Buzz kill.

Don’t ever say you don’t like a TBS board favorite even tho half the kids end up busts.
    Have something valid to say and thst isn't an issue.

Of course most of them end up busts by fan standards. It has to be that way. There isn't room for all our even most of an 85 player roster to succeed. The more high end prospects you get the more busts you'll have.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,707
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Don’t ever say you don’t like a TBS board favorite even tho half the kids end up busts.
    The Gaskin comparison makes absolutely 0 sense. Gaskin was a better prospect better feet. This kid is good though, he has pretty good lateral ability for a big guy and decent long speed. Different styles.
    He may be big but he doesn't play like a "big back," he's strong but he's not bulldozing people and he is not sudden or really explosive at the point of contact. He seems to exhibit a finesse style and is difficult to bring down at the HS level. Reminds me of Kenny James.

My prediction is that Sunday will have the better UW career.

Why do you keep bringing Sunday up? Everyone here likes Sunday now.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The Gaskin comparison makes absolutely 0 sense. Gaskin was a better prospect better feet. This kid is good though, he has pretty good lateral ability for a big guy and decent long speed. Different styles.
    He may be big but he doesn't play like a "big back," he's strong but he's not bulldozing people and he is not sudden or really explosive at the point of contact. He seems to exhibit a finesse style and is difficult to bring down at the HS level. Reminds me of Kenny James.

Yeah, the kid fucks
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

I missed that email!
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I missed that email!
    He performed well in Spring then ran like a 4.45 at the Husky combine. Speed was the biggest question about him and he answered that resoundingly. He's gonna be very good.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

I missed that email!
    He performed well in Spring then ran like a 4.45 at the Husky combine. Speed was the biggest question about him and he answered that resoundingly. He's gonna be very good.
    His feet looked bad in the spring game but it’s the spring game noc. Looks like a great straight-line athlete tho
  • Options

dnc said:

I missed that email!
    His feet looked bad in the spring game but it’s the spring game noc. Looks like a great straight-line athlete tho
    But on his tape he looks like he has great feet just not that fast.

Knowing he's capable of moving that quickly in a straight line is pretty reassuring.

Baring injury he's going to play at the next level.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I missed that email!
    But on his tape he looks like he has great feet just not that fast.

Knowing he's capable of moving that quickly in a straight line is pretty reassuring.

Baring injury he's going to play at the next level.
    So Sunday is going to play on Sundays?
  • Options
    edited June 2021
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2021

dnc said:
    Georgia?

Do recruits pick us on national online sports networks?
    Pete would never
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Clearly KingDome Urinals didn’t hear what Coach Hayes said about him…
    https://youtu.be/p1dGFAVs9Ag

Kid looks good to me. I'll take 4 more just like him.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    The kid takes every long run he breaks to the house. Knows how to put his foot in the ground and go.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,868
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
  • Options
    bluechipuwrecruitsbluechipuwrecruits Member Posts: 394
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Megwa just commited to UW WOOF!