Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Megwa, 2022 4* RB, Keller (Timber Creek), TX (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Can win big games with this level of athlete. Need more though

He’s solid. He’s not incredible. There is a reason he’s not a 5* RB and is ranked 30th. He’s the 321st player in the country on 24/7.

We have always gotten a lot of low four star guys. We need five star difference makers. This isn’t anything new other than Boner possibly beating out legitimate schools. I’m skeptical about those schools other than Notre Dame.
    He's a quality back but not a game breaker. Just seems like at the P5level he will get tied up at the LOS.

Top RB signings of the last 10 years.
    1. Myles Gaskin, 2. Bishop Sankey, 3. Salvon Ahmed, 4. Cam Davis (Could leap frog Salvon), 5. Jay'Veon Sunday, 6. Emeka Megwa, 7. Sean McGrew, 8. Lavon Coleman
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Megwa’s better than Sunday
  • Options
    coach_pete_JPGcoach_pete_JPG Member Posts: 1,203
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Megwa, Berry, and Sunday are going to be fun to watch.
  • Options

Compare their Jr. tapes. Just tell me what you see.
  • Options

Compare their Jr. tapes. Just tell me what you see.
    Sunday’s feet looked awful at the spring game. He’s a great straight line athlete and I think he’ll be good but eh.
  • Options

Berry’s mid. I like the other 2 tho.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,125
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,052
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Especially in the 4th quarter. It's clear what Jimmy wants to do. I'm all for it if it works.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We’ll see. They both look to be good. Sunday ran a little angrier, Megwa’s vision looked slightly better. They are good RB prospects that could be good. Or they will be mediocre.

Let’s not be so starved for news that we pretend the 321st player in the country is a great pull. After the first 50 or so, it’s mostly a crap shoot.
  • Options

We’ll see. They both look to be good. Sunday ran a little angrier, Megwa’s vision looked slightly better. They are good RB prospects that could be good. Or they will be mediocre.

Let’s not be so starved for news that we pretend the 321st player in the country is a great pull. After the first 50 or so, it’s mostly a crap shoot.
    I like both. I think Megwa’s a better lateral athlete though.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,613
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The closest UW comparison I can think of is Polk. He has similar size, similar speed, similar start-stop moves and burst, similar power, and a pretty similar tempo to how he takes the ball out of the backfield.

One difference though is that Polk didn't become that guy until he was a sophomore at UW. In HS he was basically a speed back and WR.

Canadawg said:

He’s solid. He’s not incredible. There is a reason he’s not a 5* RB and is ranked 30th. He’s the 321st player in the country on 24/7.

We have always gotten a lot of low four star guys. We need five star difference makers. This isn’t anything new other than Boner possibly beating out legitimate schools. I’m skeptical about those schools other than Notre Dame.
    Your logic, at least how you present it, makes little sense. UW has historically done just fine without 5* running backs.

Sark was a pro at nabbing 4* guys who nobody else cared that much for. Ty too. It's true that many of them didn't work out.

Megwa's Jr tape was pretty limited but what I saw didn't excite me much on its own. I'm reserving some excitement until I see how he looks as a senior. If he still has or rediscovered the speed he had as a sophomore I'll get excited. He's awful big now.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

He's a quality back but not a game breaker. Just seems like at the P5level he will get tied up at the LOS.

1. Myles Gaskin, 2. Bishop Sankey, 3. Salvon Ahmed, 4. Cam Davis (Could leap frog Salvon), 5. Jay'Veon Sunday, 6. Emeka Megwa, 7. Sean McGrew, 8. Lavon Coleman
    There is a significant drop after Cam Davis. The top 4 of this list is inaurguable IMO. The rest are the rest, guys who are or would be mediocre to good college backs.
  • Options

Sunday encounters a lot more static at the line of scrimmage in his film. He plays under durress more frequently against better athletes and is able to accelerate quickly and always matches the defender's violence. He finishes plays very strong and does not shy from contact.

Megwa is a smooth big back, like a bigger Kenny James and I think his production may be comparable in the final analysis.

Sunday's spring game was not overly impressive but he finished plays strong. I think that will be a consistent value he brings.

• Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes

Canadawg said:

Your Asian analytical mind just can't help itself ...
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Your Asian analytical mind just can't help itself ...
    I watched his Hudl. It was good, but nothing amazing.

I also know how dumb the rankings are after the top guys. So much of it is how often they go to the camps, how often they talk to recruiting analysts, their high school program, etc.

I would feel the same about Megwa whether he was a four star or three star. He’s a solid prospect. He’s nothing to get really excited about. He’s a DDY 2. He could be good. He’s far from exceptional and is more likely to be a guy than be a stud.
  • Options

Canadawg said:

There is a significant drop after Cam Davis. The top 4 of this list is inaurguable IMO. The rest are the rest, guys who are or would be mediocre to good college backs.
    Cam Davis has done NOTHING
    His HS tape, recruiting ranking, and what he has flashed so far at UW, lead me to conclude that Davis is a very high value player. He will probably end up having a season better than Salvon bbefore he graduates. He has certainly done more than Megwa.