Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Emeka Megwa, 2022 4* RB, Keller (Timber Creek), TX (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Can win big games with this level of athlete. Need more though

He’s solid. He’s not incredible. There is a reason he’s not a 5* RB and is ranked 30th. He’s the 321st player in the country on 24/7.

We have always gotten a lot of low four star guys. We need five star difference makers. This isn’t anything new other than Boner possibly beating out legitimate schools. I’m skeptical about those schools other than Notre Dame.
    He's a quality back but not a game breaker. Just seems like at the P5level he will get tied up at the LOS.

Top RB signings of the last 10 years.
    1. Myles Gaskin, 2. Bishop Sankey, 3. Salvon Ahmed, 4. Cam Davis (Could leap frog Salvon), 5. Jay'Veon Sunday, 6. Emeka Megwa, 7. Sean McGrew, 8. Lavon Coleman
    There is a significant drop after Cam Davis. The top 4 of this list is inaurguable IMO. The rest are the rest, guys who are or would be mediocre to good college backs.
    Cam Davis has done NOTHING
    That's not the point. We're speculating about who might be best going forward, not previously. We know what the three guys who were there last year can do. We don't know about Davis yet.

If Davis is still the #3-4 guy this season I'll let it go, but right now I'm only interested in what he will do, not what he has done. This is just message board chatter man. I dont understand the resistance to it.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Canadawg said:

He’s solid. He’s not incredible. There is a reason he’s not a 5* RB and is ranked 30th. He’s the 321st player in the country on 24/7.

We have always gotten a lot of low four star guys. We need five star difference makers. This isn’t anything new other than Boner possibly beating out legitimate schools. I’m skeptical about those schools other than Notre Dame.
    He's a quality back but not a game breaker. Just seems like at the P5level he will get tied up at the LOS.

1. Myles Gaskin, 2. Bishop Sankey, 3. Salvon Ahmed, 4. Cam Davis (Could leap frog Salvon), 5. Jay'Veon Sunday, 6. Emeka Megwa, 7. Sean McGrew, 8. Lavon Coleman
    There is a significant drop after Cam Davis. The top 4 of this list is inaurguable IMO. The rest are the rest, guys who are or would be mediocre to good college backs.
    That's not the point. We're speculating about who might be best going forward, not previously. We know what the three guys who were there last year can do. We don't know about Davis yet.

If Davis is still the #3-4 guy this season I'll let it go, but right now I'm only interested in what he will do, not what he has done. This is just message board chatter man. I dont understand the resistance to it.
    He just gets sucked off a little too much by the tbs crowd. I think you get this. I M interested to see what he can do too.

He doesn’t seem to have any rare skill to me but I sure hope he is good and know that those that play in front of him are not bell cows so I’m fine with him getting more carries.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Cam seems the best based on the coach quotes from spring. They mentioned that he’s the guy with the highest upside, who has the most complete skillset.

Just give him the damn ball.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cam seems the best based on the coach quotes from spring. They mentioned that he’s the guy with the highest upside, who has the most complete skillset.

Just give him the damn ball.

I take everything coaches say with a giant grain of salt. Their comments do lend soft support to what I think about him though.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

some of you forget that Colman was a damn good back, very reliable. I would put him above Ahmed based on what he accomplished here

Dude got us a victory in the desert that we did not deserve
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baseman said:

Can't wait for Fudge's "sit Cam Davis, he sucks, go with Megwa. HTH" thread.

McGrew actually sucks hth. I really don’t care about what he did against Oregon fucking State dude
  • Options

Baseman said:

Can't wait for Fudge's "sit Cam Davis, he sucks, go with Megwa. HTH" thread.

No, even if Cam Davis sucks, he will never admit that Cam Davis sucks. It will be on the coaches for not using him correctly.

See Jacob Sirmon for reference
    Now we’re just making things up. Please bump those posts.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,605
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

Canadawg said:

He just gets sucked off a little too much by the tbs crowd. I think you get this. I M interested to see what he can do too.

He doesn’t seem to have any rare skill to me but I sure hope he is good and know that those that play in front of him are not bell cows so I’m fine with him getting more carries.
    He looks like the most talented pure runner from what I've seen. He hasn't got the carries because of a ton of experienced guys in front of him.

He has burst, strength, he has a ton of visible tools.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Seems like running backs usually pop early (gaskin, sankey, polk). the fact that Davis is going into his third season and hasn't been able to establish himself as the primary back isn't a good sign for him being great especially when you look at the JAGs he's been competing with. hope Im wrong

It wouldn’t surprise me if Davis has a 1,000 yd season. He’s bigger than McGrew and the coaches might him 20+ carries. If he does, expect the 1,000 yards as a result of bulk carries rather than production. Ahmed rushed for a 1,000+ two years ago and it was very ho hum, especially when almost 10% (8+%) of the yards came on one play.
  • Options

Seems like running backs usually pop early (gaskin, sankey, polk). the fact that Davis is going into his third season and hasn't been able to establish himself as the primary back isn't a good sign for him being great especially when you look at the JAGs he's been competing with. hope Im wrong

His first season Salvon was the feature back with and older Dick Newton also getting carries.

Last year was only 4 games starting off directly in league play, mostly close games and come from behind.

I think he might be a below average blocker and/or a limited pass catcher. With trusted upperclassmen in front they were not going to put him on the field in the multitude of high pressure situations in which the Huskies found themselves.

Kamari got a ton of snaps because he can block and catch, two important things when you are down 21-0 for like half the season.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Baseman said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Davis has a 1,000 yd season. He’s bigger than McGrew and the coaches might him 20+ carries. If he does, expect the 1,000 yards as a result of bulk carries rather than production. Ahmed rushed for a 1,000+ two years ago and it was very ho hum, especially when almost 10% (8+%) of the yards came on one play.
    Lol. You hate Salvon but like McGrew? Lol.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Davis has the most potential, but that's all it is at this point (I am still really high on him). McGrew is solid and I hope him and Davis get most of the carries.

But who cares about "needing" an NFL guy. This is college. I'd rather have a good 4-year college player like Gaines or Gaskin that is undersized than someone who has the football traits like Tryon who plays well for 1/2 a season and leaves for the draft.

Voi is undersized and I'm fine with that because he's more likely going to be in college for longer and he's a beast. Getting NFL studs is great, but we aren't Bama, we're only going to get so many. Develop the players with athletic traits, get the best players that the major programs might overlook, and keep the studs from our general footprint home. That is the most likely way to build a complete roster.
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

Davis has the most potential, but that's all it is at this point (I am still really high on him). McGrew is solid and I hope him and Davis get most of the carries.

But who cares about "needing" an NFL guy. This is college. I'd rather have a good 4-year college player like Gaines or Gaskin that is undersized than someone who has the football traits like Tryon who plays well for 1/2 a season and leaves for the draft.

Voi is undersized and I'm fine with that because he's more likely going to be in college for longer and he's a beast. Getting NFL studs is great, but we aren't Bama, we're only going to get so many. Develop the players with athletic traits, get the best players that the major programs might overlook, and keep the studs from our general footprint home. That is the most likely way to build a complete roster.

Your 2 examples are good NFL players btw.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

Your 2 examples are good NFL players btw.
    That's fine. If they were 2" taller they would have left early and been more highly recruited. Not saying we shouldn't recruit the prototypical NFL types, but that won't ever be our bread and butter unless they're in our backyard. You said yourself if Voi is 2" taller he's a 5 star (I agree). You think we land him if that's the case?

I'm all for leveling up, but college production is really all that matters... in college, which seems to be the argument about McGrew.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

some of you forget that Colman was a damn good back, very reliable. I would put him above Ahmed based on what he accomplished here

Meh. Cement shoes was awful for two years, had the rhino cum explosion his junior year then was mediocre again as a senior.

Biggest frustration is despite being the BIG BACK he was never once good in short yardage but based on his size (and probably some bullying from @Ballz) @Babushka loved to line him up in the backfield at the goal line and in short yardage situations.

I would take Ahmed's career over Coleman's rather easily.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Meh. Cement shoes was awful for two years, had the rhino cum explosion his junior year then was mediocre again as a senior.

Biggest frustration is despite being the BIG BACK he was never once good in short yardage but based on his size (and probably some bullying from @Ballz) @Babushka loved to line him up in the backfield at the goal line and in short yardage situations.

I would take Ahmed's career over Coleman's rather easily.
    Coleman was a "big back" who was never better in short yardage than the little back Gaskin. Myles was always better at everything. I would take Salvon every time over Coleman.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2021