Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Keith Taylor's tweet last night re thumbs up to Oregon for repping North?

godawgstgodawgst Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,451 Founders Club
Where is Culture/someone from 2016 team who had to eat being part of losing 12 in a row to Oregon saying that's not what we do here?

Doesn't Keith understand that their success comes directly at your teams expense? Zero's 1st goal every season is to win North. If they don't beat you, more years than not that won't happen, and if they do, your goal is more than likely over.

Finally (and most troubling to me) goes back to culture. This is a Senior Leader tweeting that. If this is the teams mindset and mentality, then all those bad losses 2017-2019 to crappy inferior teams make much more sense and tells us everything we need to know.

Last January I thought Lake would bring his Alpha attitude to program which team would take on and hopefully tweets/thoughts like that would be purged. So far all that has happened is getting our asses kicked in recruiting, trolling the Beavs by "running the damn ball" which you then had zero success doing against the 2 real teams you played after that, and confirming that Oregon should be recognized as being CC if they won last night.

Listen, I know we aren't going to get a Bo/Woody/Barry Switzer answer from Jimmy of "if you don't win the North or South you can't win the Pac-12 CC, so I recognize nothing", but he can at least spin it so you highlight your accomplishment and not acknowledge theirs. Hell he watched Pete for 12 years who has a PHD in giving 200 word answers that said nothing. Hard to believe he couldn't come up with something along those same lines.

#betawarriors

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,603 Swaye's Wigwam
    At least eddie was pissed.

KT hasn't looked great imo since the 2018 P12CG.
  • Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 808
    It really pissed me off. More than any of the other bullshit this week.

This is football damnit! How can your blood not boil after watching that game? Just embarrassing.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 6,055
    Starting to feel like Oregon is the only school on the west coast that truly cares about football....maybe orst. Maybe Wazzu.

Football seems like a nice hobby at UW, Cal, UCLA, and even USC these days....
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,113
    thechatch said:

Starting to feel like Oregon is the only school on the west coast that truly cares about football....maybe orst. Maybe Wazzu.

OSU and WSU care about football?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    Swaye said:

This program is completely unrecognizable in every respect from the Don James years. You know, when we were actually good.

Browning led the Huskies to many victories over arizona and oregon state

thechatch said:

OSU and WSU care about football?
    As much as possible, given their respective resources, I think so.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,257
    USC reject, fuck that guy.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,224
    Fuck Keith Taylor. Overrated.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,419 Swaye's Wigwam

I’m more pissed about Lake’s bullshit acknowledgement of uo.

Until recently, he hasn’t even uttered their name. It’s been, “that team down south.” I loved hearing that shit. He’s supposed to be the guy that will chest up to that mouth breather douche. But now he’s got a different tune.

What did Tony Montana say? “You play the pussy? You’re gonna get fucked.”

I forgot about that contradiction. Loved the pettiness before that’s annoying he bailed out
    The fact of the matter is, right now, Mario is a much, much more accomplished HC than Lake, so the whole “that school down there” shit just makes him look like a churlish brat.

Jimmy was handed a program in very good shape and his first year was....well, it was ok but nothing that would instill the kind of confidence anyone here wants to have.

Mario took over a program in disarray and popped off in year 2. Jimmy can treat Oregon like a rival by winning a couple of battles on the recruiting trail and taking a high profile game at Autzen.

Until then, he’s just an ankle biter who looks pretty damn small in the chair he’s sitting in.

Sark 2.0
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010
    thechatch said:

The fact of the matter is, right now, Mario is a much, much more accomplished HC than Lake, so the whole “that school down there” shit just makes him look like a churlish brat.

Jimmy was handed a program in very good shape and his first year was....well, it was ok but nothing that would instill the kind of confidence anyone here wants to have.

Mario took over a program in disarray and popped off in year 2. Jimmy can treat Oregon like a rival by winning a couple of battles on the recruiting trail and taking a high profile game at Autzen.

Until then, he’s just an ankle biter who looks pretty damn small in the chair he’s sitting in.

Sark 2.0

But Cal!
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,010
    edited December 2020

I’m more pissed about Lake’s bullshit acknowledgement of uo.

Until recently, he hasn’t even uttered their name. It’s been, “that team down south.” I loved hearing that shit. He’s supposed to be the guy that will chest up to that mouth breather douche. But now he’s got a different tune.

What did Tony Montana say? “You play the pussy? You’re gonna get fucked.”

Manny Diaz talks shit and tries to act like a tuff guy smart ass.

It’s not going well for him.

Takes more than shit talk and one liners.

Take it from me: Noted Oregon honk.