Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As every rich person knows

13»

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    Sledog said:

HHusky said:

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/107919/1/Hope_economic_consequences_of_major_tax_cuts_published.pdf

We find that major reforms reducing taxes on the rich lead to higher income inequality as
    measured by the top 1% share of pre-tax national income. The effect remains stable in the
    medium term. In contrast, such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth
    and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Since when is income "equal" ever? In what way? Rich people always make more money because they have more money. Fuck you lefty shitbirds .
    I'm not aware of a sole on this bored who is saying all incomes shood be equal.

Anti-rich organization says tax cuts for the rich don’t work and don’t create jobs.

Stunning news, Krusty. Honk honk.

London School of Economics is anti-rich, Natasha?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/107919/1/Hope_economic_consequences_of_major_tax_cuts_published.pdf

We find that major reforms reducing taxes on the rich lead to higher income inequality as
    measured by the top 1% share of pre-tax national income. The effect remains stable in the
    medium term. In contrast, such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth
    and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Since when is income "equal" ever? In what way? Rich people always make more money because they have more money. Fuck you lefty shitbirds .
    You're just whining about incom inequality

Hack

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Hack
    So no defense of trickle down.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Hack
    White flag
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

As the furthest left here I can confirm. I am not calling for all incomes to be equal.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,089 Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

You failed to make any points other than shitpoasting a link to something and pretending you did a mic drop. I’m sure job creators seek your advice on economic policy.

Rich people don't think of themselves as "job creators". For reasons that are obvious, they aren't motivated by creating jobs and do so reluctantly, if at all.
    Cowards like you think that raising taxes on 'the rich' will bring about great success. For reasons that are obvious to everyone but you, the call for higher taxes will just result in more taxes on paychecks. That means the little people the crying liberals want to help would see their taxes go up to fund all the great plans progressives want. A lot of people on the boreds are interested in serious tax reform and can have a grown up conversation about it. If you want to stay at the kids table and yell 'tax the rich, i'm right' go for it.
    At present we can't even pay for our commitments. Borrowing the money isn't along term winner.

Your team has repeatedly lowered taxes on the rich, promising "trickle down" benefits that weren't realized. Baby steps: at this point it would be significant progress for you to admit that no further tax cuts for the rich are justified. Then we can talk about who should actually pay more.
    Cut spending hack

You can feel free to turn down your entitlements.

Aren't you about to turn 65?
    You can pay more to the government. There's a line on your tax return for that. Get 'er done!
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,008 Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

HHusky said:

and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Hack
    Sure. Lower and middle incomes were rising under Trump. Just like they were under Reagan after Carter. Dems hated that. Private sector workers need employers who are making money and trying to expand their business. Employers trying to keep costs down try to bring in legal and illegal immigrants. Pretty much Econ 101. Apparently your match book cover MBA didn't cover supply and demand.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

You failed to make any points other than shitpoasting a link to something and pretending you did a mic drop. I’m sure job creators seek your advice on economic policy.

Rich people don't think of themselves as "job creators". For reasons that are obvious, they aren't motivated by creating jobs and do so reluctantly, if at all.
    Cowards like you think that raising taxes on 'the rich' will bring about great success. For reasons that are obvious to everyone but you, the call for higher taxes will just result in more taxes on paychecks. That means the little people the crying liberals want to help would see their taxes go up to fund all the great plans progressives want. A lot of people on the boreds are interested in serious tax reform and can have a grown up conversation about it. If you want to stay at the kids table and yell 'tax the rich, i'm right' go for it.
    At present we can't even pay for our commitments. Borrowing the money isn't along term winner.

Your team has repeatedly lowered taxes on the rich, promising "trickle down" benefits that weren't realized. Baby steps: at this point it would be significant progress for you to admit that no further tax cuts for the rich are justified. Then we can talk about who should actually pay more.
    I seem to recall something about middle class and lower income people experiencing significant gains in their incomes prior to 2020. As I recall you want to increase our "commitments" to include yours and other people's student loan debt not to mention your support for Nationalized Healthcare. Maybe our "commitments" are what need to be cut before we raise anyone's taxes.
    H has claimed he has student loan debt? I know he's claimed he's rich. Rich people don't have student loan debt.
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

I seem to recall something about middle class and lower income people experiencing significant gains in their incomes prior to 2020. As I recall you want to increase our "commitments" to include yours and other people's student loan debt not to mention your support for Nationalized Healthcare. Maybe our "commitments" are what need to be cut before we raise anyone's taxes.
    My student loan debt, blob? Where the fuck did that come from?

We've already made commitments to aged fuckers like Race and Gasbag. Those entitlements are the big ticket items. Do you foresee some political will to ever cut those things?

And I've never, ever advocated for a National Healthcare service.

edited December 2020

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Cut spending hack

You can feel free to turn down your entitlements.

Aren't you about to turn 65?
    Be happy to. Just return what I paid in and call it good

With interest

Is that the only spending to cut ?

In short, Race says, "Cut spending but not my entitlements." Even though it's Race's entitlements that are the big ticket items.

Same as it ever was.