Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

As every rich person knows

HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/107919/1/Hope_economic_consequences_of_major_tax_cuts_published.pdf

We find that major reforms reducing taxes on the rich lead to higher income inequality as
measured by the top 1% share of pre-tax national income. The effect remains stable in the
medium term. In contrast, such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth
and unemployment.
(emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Comments

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

http://eprints.lse.ac.uk/107919/1/Hope_economic_consequences_of_major_tax_cuts_published.pdf

We find that major reforms reducing taxes on the rich lead to higher income inequality as
    measured by the top 1% share of pre-tax national income. The effect remains stable in the
    medium term. In contrast, such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth
    and unemployment.
    (emphasis mine)

You're welcome.

Imbecile. If people want to read a partisan analysis of economics, they can always look at the drivel that Paul Krugman produces. You're thought of as the gimp from pulp fiction around these parts.
    Emphasis mine.
    Hardhat always right
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    I was a PM on early Microsoft offices back in the day. Bill Gates had more money than me then. He has even more money than me now. Income gap has GROWN!!!

What should we do?
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

I was a PM on early Microsoft offices back in the day. Bill Gates had more money than me then. He has even more money than me now. Income gap has GROWN!!!

What should we do?

Despite the fact that 2019 was my best year financially in my entire life, little did I know how bad I had it on account of the Wealth Gap between me and Mark Zuckerberg increasing.
    2020 will be even better. When I got out of college in the early 90's, making $30,000 a year was pretty damn good. Kids coming out of college today with lame degrees are still making $30,000/yr. But how much was rent back then vs. today? Most young people are brainwashed into believing what dipshits like the dazzler have to sell and little do they understand what the future has in store for them. My 3 kids should survive because they're all conservatives.
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    such reforms do not have any significant effect on economic growth
    and unemployment

You girls seem awfully ready to abandon the argument you all made in favor of lowering taxes on "job creators". I don't know how to make my reason for posting any more more explicit than what I've already emphasized. I appreciate your many concessions though.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

and unemployment

You girls seem awfully ready to abandon the argument you all made in favor of lowering taxes on "job creators". I don't know how to make my reason for posting any more more explicit than what I've already emphasized. I appreciate your many concessions though.

You just reposted the same bullshit and expect something different?

hardhat said:

You failed to make any points other than shitpoasting a link to something and pretending you did a mic drop. I’m sure job creators seek your advice on economic policy.

Rich people don't think of themselves as "job creators". For reasons that are obvious, they aren't motivated by creating jobs and do so reluctantly, if at all.

HHusky said:

and unemployment

You just reposted the same bullshit and expect something different?

Race can't do it.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    edited December 2020
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

You failed to make any points other than shitpoasting a link to something and pretending you did a mic drop. I’m sure job creators seek your advice on economic policy.

Rich people don't think of themselves as "job creators". For reasons that are obvious, they aren't motivated by creating jobs and do so reluctantly, if at all.
    Cowards like you think that raising taxes on 'the rich' will bring about great success. For reasons that are obvious to everyone but you, the call for higher taxes will just result in more taxes on paychecks. That means the little people the crying liberals want to help would see their taxes go up to fund all the great plans progressives want. A lot of people on the boreds are interested in serious tax reform and can have a grown up conversation about it. If you want to stay at the kids table and yell 'tax the rich, i'm right' go for it.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

Cowards like you think that raising taxes on 'the rich' will bring about great success. For reasons that are obvious to everyone but you, the call for higher taxes will just result in more taxes on paychecks. That means the little people the crying liberals want to help would see their taxes go up to fund all the great plans progressives want. A lot of people on the boreds are interested in serious tax reform and can have a grown up conversation about it. If you want to stay at the kids table and yell 'tax the rich, i'm right' go for it.
    At present we can't even pay for our commitments. Borrowing the money isn't along term winner.

Your team has repeatedly lowered taxes on the rich, promising "trickle down" benefits that weren't realized. Baby steps: at this point it would be significant progress for you to admit that no further tax cuts for the rich are justified. Then we can talk about who should actually pay more.
  • hardhathardhat Member Posts: 8,343
    HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

At present we can't even pay for our commitments. Borrowing the money isn't along term winner.

Your team has repeatedly lowered taxes on the rich, promising "trickle down" benefits that weren't realized. Baby steps: at this point it would be significant progress for you to admit that no further tax cuts for the rich are justified. Then we can talk about who should actually pay more.
    What team am I on again, little man? If I'm on the team for tax fairness and less partisanship, sure. You just keep pushing the tired Bernie bro arguments. I didn't argue in favor of cuts, you started this by posting a pile of shit from an obviously biased source. I am arguing that most people that call for raising taxes don't realize that truly wealthy people aren't going to see their taxes increase, and that it's much easier for a government to increase taxes on the little people.
    hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

HHusky said:

hardhat said:

What team am I on again, little man? If I'm on the team for tax fairness and less partisanship, sure. You just keep pushing the tired Bernie bro arguments. I didn't argue in favor of cuts, you started this by posting a pile of shit from an obviously biased source. I am arguing that most people that call for raising taxes don't realize that truly wealthy people aren't going to see their taxes increase, and that it's much easier for a government to increase taxes on the little people.
    The whole fucking point was the effect of tax cuts on the rich. So other than whooshing yourself, what were you hoping to accomplish here?