Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJR still scraping

Apparently there was still a little shit at the bottom of the barrel when KJR scooped out the giant peanut-filled turd known as the Elise and Jerry Show. On my 15minute drive home from the gay bathhouse this evening I had the pleasure of hearing "The 12th man show with Brian Abker and Slick Hawk". In those 15 minutes, they talked about.............nothing.....absolutely nothing. Why the fuck does KJR keep giving everyone in their entire building a show? When will the garbage man and the guy who plunges Softy's toilet get their own show?

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Elise and Jerry are the fucking worst. "Is Elise faking it" might be the worst thing ever on radio, whoever came up with that idea should be awarded a medal for how bad it is, because that takes some talent.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    So I'm at work and my co-worker is listening to KIRO, and after all of the Seahawk dick-riding an ad comes on for bail bonds. So yeah, Seahawk fans are (allegedly) huge customers/the target audience for fucking bail bonds. Should I be surprised?
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Elise and jerry is unlistenable. I hate 710 but if im in the car during those unfortunate hours, i switch over. Jerry brewer makes the show even worse. I dont know how he is as a writer, but he has no business on my radio
  • Options
    Holmgren is over the hill too on the game of football. His no shotgun bullshit is so yesterday, his comments about Sherman how he didn't like him at first until he had a sandwich with him was fucking stupid too. Not to mention as an evaluate of talent he's not very good as his drafts were up and down with the Seahawks and with the Browns they were awful.

He was very fortunate in Seattle that the division was terrible so he could rack up some easy division titles going 9-7.

I like Holmgren, think he is the second best coach in franchise history but unlike Softy I was actually glad Allen chose to go with Carroll instead of bringing back Holmgren for team president for 2010.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Holmgren is over the hill too on the game of football. His no shotgun bullshit is so yesterday, his comments about Sherman how he didn't like him at first until he had a sandwich with him was fucking stupid too. Not to mention as an evaluate of talent he's not very good as his drafts were up and down with the Seahawks and with the Browns they were awful.

He was very fortunate in Seattle that the division was terrible so he could rack up some easy division titles going 9-7.

I like Holmgren, think he is the second best coach in franchise history but unlike Softy I was actually glad Allen chose to go with Carroll instead of bringing back Holmgren for team president for 2010.

holmgren's teams couldn't win on the road, Carroll's teams can not because they're as good on the road but their defense keeps them in every game and they have an incredible ability to win ugly, which is important when you go on the road.
    Holmgren would get routinely blown out when they left Qwest
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Elise and Jerry actually isn't as bad as I thought it would be. jerry has a shitty voice for radio though, and Elise needs to shut the f*** up with her jokes and her attempts at being one of the guys and down with the brothas. Btw, take her off the coaches show. Let Rondeau fucking handle it (not that I've ever listened for more than 5 minutes).

As for the 12th Man Show, I have no words. It's like Softy's show. I keep trying to listen over and over, for some reason expecting something worthwhile or entertaining to happen, and it never does.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck Holmgren and his shitty KJR segment where he talks about his favorite home cooked meals and how excited he is to see his daughter.

Does he talks about merlots that drink like cabs too?
  • Options

In hindsight, that move is genius. Holmgren is not a very good talent evaluator. Carroll gets late round gems in every draft. I remember Holmgren getting very few. He did bad with Cleveland too. I prefer a coach that prides themselves on defense, toughness, and taking care of the football over a quick strike passing game that is outdated. I was never a big Holmgren fan and always thought he was overrated. His teams were always kind of soft too.

Here is a comparison of Holmgren's drafts (98-04) and Carroll's (10-present). Carroll's draft shit all over Holmgren's. Fuck Holmgren and his shitty KJR segment where he talks about his favorite home cooked meals and how excited he is to see his daughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Seahawks_draft_history#1998_Draft

good god the 2002 class was a dreckfest. The best we got out of that was Rocky Bernard
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

In hindsight, that move is genius. Holmgren is not a very good talent evaluator. Carroll gets late round gems in every draft. I remember Holmgren getting very few. He did bad with Cleveland too. I prefer a coach that prides themselves on defense, toughness, and taking care of the football over a quick strike passing game that is outdated. I was never a big Holmgren fan and always thought he was overrated. His teams were always kind of soft too.

Here is a comparison of Holmgren's drafts (98-04) and Carroll's (10-present). Carroll's draft shit all over Holmgren's. Fuck Holmgren and his shitty KJR segment where he talks about his favorite home cooked meals and how excited he is to see his daughter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seattle_Seahawks_draft_history#1998_Draft

good god the 2002 class was a dreckfest. The best we got out of that was Rocky Bernard
    There is a reason why they didn't let him do drafts after that as he lost his GM rights. Although compared to Ruskell's drafts his drafts look fucking genius.

Ruskell's drafts from 2006-2009 was a total fucking dreckfest.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I used to listen to KJR a lot. Now, not so much.

Here's my take:

-Mitch- the only one really worth listening to. Great interviewer. Not a Doog.
    - Elise/Jerry- basically unlistenable. Go Highlanders!
    - Ian Furness: Meh.
    - Softy: absolutely horrible.

Hugh Millen- he's been well documented on this forum for his alleged racist takes on QBs. His football nerd analysis can be interesting, or not.

The Holmgren emphasis on this station is annoying. He adds very little and is only good for the former players/coaches he can bring in for interviews.

Listening to Sandmeyer on 1090 on the way home is a good alternative to Softy. I like John Feinstein too, so fuck off.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,087
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Hugh Millen- he's been well documented on this forum for his alleged racist takes on QBs. His football nerd analysis can be interesting, or not.

The Holmgren emphasis on this station is annoying. He adds very little and is only good for the former players/coaches he can bring in for interviews.

Listening to Sandmeyer on 1090 on the way home is a good alternative to Softy. I like John Feinstein too, so fuck off.

This is the kind of hard hitting analysis I plunk down 10 bucks a month for.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Mitch isn't a doog because the guy knows jack shit about sports. I do agree that his interviews can be pretty good sometimes because he actually has some balls and isn't scared for people to get mad at him.

Opposite of Softy. After Geoff Baker came out with that article about how dysfunctional the Mariners organization was Softy got all TUFF! on the radio and talked about how big of a disgrace Jack Z and the management was and no wonder why we always lose. Then he had Jack Z on for an interview a couple days later and was practically sucking his cock dry. "This isn't the Jack Z I know, we are here to support and we still believe in you!" yada yada yada.

Furness has actually grown on me, he use to coog it up all the time but he has come to terms that they will always suck. Puckett on the other hand is the coogiest of coogs who calls out people for being fat even though he is probably the fattest one at KJR.

Elise and Jerry is awesome because it really shows how far we have come as a society after years of oppression and hate against women/blacks. I will always root for them!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Mitch is horrible, especially compared to Dan Patrick and John Feinstein in the same time slot.
  • Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Sounds like Holmgren talks about food more than football.
  • Options

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Mitch isn't a doog because the guy knows jack shit about sports. I do agree that his interviews can be pretty good sometimes because he actually has some balls and isn't scared for people to get mad at him.

Opposite of Softy. After Geoff Baker came out with that article about how dysfunctional the Mariners organization was Softy got all TUFF! on the radio and talked about how big of a disgrace Jack Z and the management was and no wonder why we always lose. Then he had Jack Z on for an interview a couple days later and was practically sucking his cock dry. "This isn't the Jack Z I know, we are here to support and we still believe in you!" yada yada yada.

Furness has actually grown on me, he use to coog it up all the time but he has come to terms that they will always suck. Puckett on the other hand is the coogiest of coogs who calls out people for being fat even though he is probably the fattest one at KJR.

Elise and Jerry is awesome because it really shows how far we have come as a society after years of oppression and hate against women/blacks. I will always root for them!
    I heard that interview with z, he threw nothing but softballs at him. I'm starting to not like Mitch with his stupid antics regarding the 49ers