Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

KJR still scraping

2»

Comments

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

TheGlove said:

I used to listen to KJR a lot. Now, not so much.

Here's my take:

-Mitch- the only one really worth listening to. Great interviewer. Not a Doog.
    - Elise/Jerry- basically unlistenable. Go Highlanders!
    - Ian Furness: Meh.
    - Softy: absolutely horrible.

Hugh Millen- he's been well documented on this forum for his alleged racist takes on QBs. His football nerd analysis can be interesting, or not.

The Holmgren emphasis on this station is annoying. He adds very little and is only good for the former players/coaches he can bring in for interviews.

Listening to Sandmeyer on 1090 on the way home is a good alternative to Softy. I like John Feinstein too, so fuck off.

Mitch is horrible, especially compared to Dan Patrick and John Feinstein in the same time slot.
    Feinstein is on at 6PM up here so he's not in the same time slot as Mitch. Up here, where we have more than one sports team to talk about, its more about local content than what you get with DP, Rome, Feinstein, etc. Those national shows are good for a burg like PDX but a first rate city like Seattle requires more locally focused shows.

So on top of a glut of crappy local shows, you can still listen to all the crappy national shows over the air.

It's abundance. An abundant dreckfest. That's why I prefer KUOW.

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Hugh Millen- he's been well documented on this forum for his alleged racist takes on QBs. His football nerd analysis can be interesting, or not.

The Holmgren emphasis on this station is annoying. He adds very little and is only good for the former players/coaches he can bring in for interviews.

Listening to Sandmeyer on 1090 on the way home is a good alternative to Softy. I like John Feinstein too, so fuck off.

Mitch is horrible, especially compared to Dan Patrick and John Feinstein in the same time slot.
    Feinstein is on at 6PM up here so he's not in the same time slot as Mitch. Up here, where we have more than one sports team to talk about, its more about local content than what you get with DP, Rome, Feinstein, etc. Those national shows are good for a burg like PDX but a first rate city like Seattle requires more locally focused shows.

So on top of a glut of crappy local shows, you can still listen to all the crappy national shows over the air.

Seattle has the Seahawks and a whole lot of fucking dreckfest that isn't worth talking about.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

We have more than 1 sports team to talk about up here? I was unaware... I suppose with Sark gone that number is up to 2 now.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Seattle has the Seahawks and a whole lot of fucking dreckfest that isn't worth talking about.

Hope this helps.
    This is always the talking point from our little bro to the South. It's OK, we understand and accept your inferiority complex.
  • Options
    SteveInSheltonSteveInShelton Member Posts: 1,611

Holmgren is over the hill too on the game of football. His no shotgun bullshit is so yesterday, his comments about Sherman how he didn't like him at first until he had a sandwich with him was fucking stupid too. Not to mention as an evaluate of talent he's not very good as his drafts were up and down with the Seahawks and with the Browns they were awful.

He was very fortunate in Seattle that the division was terrible so he could rack up some easy division titles going 9-7.

I like Holmgren, think he is the second best coach in franchise history but unlike Softy I was actually glad Allen chose to go with Carroll instead of bringing back Holmgren for team president for 2010.

Holmgren is famous because of Brett Favre, nothing more. Even then, he needed 2 kick return touchdowns to beat a meh Patriots team in the superbowl. The 2005 Seahawks would have been 10-6 and probably missed the playoffs in this year's NFC West. I do appreciate that he preferred talent over high character guys (hi Jerramy Stevens) unlike his GM at the time, but that's about it.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited January 2014

dhdawg said:

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Mitch isn't a doog because the guy knows jack shit about sports. I do agree that his interviews can be pretty good sometimes because he actually has some balls and isn't scared for people to get mad at him.

Opposite of Softy. After Geoff Baker came out with that article about how dysfunctional the Mariners organization was Softy got all TUFF! on the radio and talked about how big of a disgrace Jack Z and the management was and no wonder why we always lose. Then he had Jack Z on for an interview a couple days later and was practically sucking his cock dry. "This isn't the Jack Z I know, we are here to support and we still believe in you!" yada yada yada.

Furness has actually grown on me, he use to coog it up all the time but he has come to terms that they will always suck. Puckett on the other hand is the coogiest of coogs who calls out people for being fat even though he is probably the fattest one at KJR.

Elise and Jerry is awesome because it really shows how far we have come as a society after years of oppression and hate against women/blacks. I will always root for them!
    I heard that interview with z, he threw nothing but softballs at him. I'm starting to not like Mitch with his stupid antics regarding the 49ers
    Yea all those songs that Mitch has made are complete shit. Especially the douchebag Harbaugh style, the guy might not be a doog but he is the ring leader of the Seahooks.

Seattle is in the Super Bowl and people are still talking about beating the 49ers. Fucking disgrace.
    the one on stern was okay, and the one on the mariners was too.
    The hugh millen one was poorly written but a good idea, the harbuagh one was just awful
  • Options
    BayDawgBayDawg Member Posts: 1,623
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Sounds like Holmgren talks about food more than football.

You don't get a boiler like he's got without being pretty in tune with the grub scene...
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,647
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2014
    Two words for anyone who has to spend any considerable amount of time in their cars: Sirius Radio.

You will never go back.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited January 2014
    gmo said:

Two words for anyone who has to spend any considerable amount of time in their cars: Sirius Radio.

You will never go back.

As bad, dumbed down, and bland as standard radio is, I refuse to pay for other radio. It's freaking radio..it should be free. Downloading the Ihateradio ap for more bland, barely listenable radio is as far as I'll go.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

Mitch isn't a doog because the guy knows jack shit about sports. I do agree that his interviews can be pretty good sometimes because he actually has some balls and isn't scared for people to get mad at him.

Opposite of Softy. After Geoff Baker came out with that article about how dysfunctional the Mariners organization was Softy got all TUFF! on the radio and talked about how big of a disgrace Jack Z and the management was and no wonder why we always lose. Then he had Jack Z on for an interview a couple days later and was practically sucking his cock dry. "This isn't the Jack Z I know, we are here to support and we still believe in you!" yada yada yada.

Furness has actually grown on me, he use to coog it up all the time but he has come to terms that they will always suck. Puckett on the other hand is the coogiest of coogs who calls out people for being fat even though he is probably the fattest one at KJR.

Elise and Jerry is awesome because it really shows how far we have come as a society after years of oppression and hate against women/blacks. I will always root for them!

I'd like my cock sucked dry

• Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    TheGlove said:

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

I lol'd!
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper

Holmgren is over the hill too on the game of football. His no shotgun bullshit is so yesterday, his comments about Sherman how he didn't like him at first until he had a sandwich with him was fucking stupid too. Not to mention as an evaluate of talent he's not very good as his drafts were up and down with the Seahawks and with the Browns they were awful.

He was very fortunate in Seattle that the division was terrible so he could rack up some easy division titles going 9-7.

I like Holmgren, think he is the second best coach in franchise history but unlike Softy I was actually glad Allen chose to go with Carroll instead of bringing back Holmgren for team president for 2010.

Holmgren is famous because of Brett Favre, nothing more...

Yeah? :.. what are you famous for?

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

TheGlove said:

Here's my take:

I heard that interview with z, he threw nothing but softballs at him. I'm starting to not like Mitch with his stupid antics regarding the 49ers
    Yea all those songs that Mitch has made are complete shit. Especially the douchebag Harbaugh style, the guy might not be a doog but he is the ring leader of the Seahooks.

Seattle is in the Super Bowl and people are still talking about beating the 49ers. Fucking disgrace.
    I'm obviously not a niners fan, I hate Harbaugh, hate Kaepernick, hate and love to mess with their stupid fans, but the obsession that seahawk fans have for the niners is beyond maybe anything I've ever seen, maybe as bad if not worse as the doog obsession over Oregon.