Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some things you don't come back from

13»

Comments

• Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Texas fucked us all.

agreed. and even further, it was the longhorn network that really started all this realignment shit.

tbh, i think THINK the p12 network has greater distribution than then LHN, go figure.
    Scott Larry was soooo close. The other Big-12 teams realized they’re the Mountain West with no mountains if Texas bounces along with A&M, Nebraska, and the Okies. So they caved and gave Texas free use to do what they wanted.

Imagine if there were two divisions of the Pac-8 and the Desert Mountain Plains shit: Arizona schools, Colorado, mountain west Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, and then Oklahoma State and either Texas Tech or Kansas or anything.

We’d have more hicks but the conference wouldn’t be a laughingstock the way it is now.
    i have no idea if the 'ou/texas are coming but only if texas keeps LHN revenue' rumor was true (i have to think it was) but larry scott is fucking stupid to not say 'sure, bring that dreck of a network that only texas fans will give a shit about, we'll figure out the revenue with the other teams later.'

larry scott is fucking stupid.

i think i just talked myself into the 'ou/texas are coming' rumor.

fuck.
    If you’d like I can try to find the mini essay I wrote about it years ago, but the short version is: if Larry Scott and the Pac-## accommodated Texas the same way the Big-12 did then it would have happened. Gambled and lost. Larry didn’t want the Pac-12 media rights to have an extra wrinkle in it because everyone was going to be filthy rich once his plan works. Just needed to wait out the Big-12. After being used to Tom Hansen the Pac-10 presidents thought that Larry was a visionary and would have sponsored a monorail if he asked.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

I've said and thought the Big 10 would be awesome. UW is more of a Big 10 school that most of the Big 10

First (ish) and right
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    @Doogles called it… bunch of profits in this thread.
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,817
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Sources said:

Our only hope is to leave the conference, but that will never happen

We? would never leave this conference because we? don't give a flying fuck about winning football. See Emmert, Mark and Woodward, Pool Boy.
    I feel attacked
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Sources said:

Sources said:

Our only hope is to leave the conference, but that will never happen

We? would never leave this conference because we? don't give a flying fuck about winning football. See Emmert, Mark and Woodward, Pool Boy.
    I feel attacked
    I was wrong. Please forgive me.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

I've said this jokingly many times before(as well as others here), but dissolve the Pac-12 while there's still any value in the brand.

If I'm UW I'm breaking contract and throwing out serious inquiries to the BiG10/12

This is actually a good idea. Culturally we? fit in better with the BIG10 than Rutgers or fucking Maryland.
    I'm venturing a guess that @Doog_de_Jour is @Sandra6
  • Options
    DucksFCDucksFC Member Posts: 1,120
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I've said and thought the Big 10 would be awesome. UW is more of a Big 10 school that most of the Big 10

First (ish) and right
    at least you guysm came back from giving us? your spot.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,996
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Profits?
    Prophets. Didn’t race tell you I’m a dumb fuck.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

I've said this jokingly many times before(as well as others here), but dissolve the Pac-12 while there's still any value in the brand.

If I'm UW I'm breaking contract and throwing out serious inquiries to the BiG10/12

This is actually a good idea. Culturally we? fit in better with the BIG10 than Rutgers or fucking Maryland.
    😡 I want my $29 back, Derek.
    u r alive???..........sorry about Vorel
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club

Profits?
    You know…like Muhammad.
    It saddens me that it took this long.

Thank you, DDJ.

The board is definitely slipping.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    FireCohen said:

Doogles said:

u r alive???..........sorry about Vorel
    I am.

Thank you for the Ts &Ps RE: Vorel.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Profits?
    You know…like Muhammad.
    It saddens me that it took this long.

Thank you, DDJ.

The board is definitely slipping.
    You are most welcome, Baze. Glad to see the Cabbie George Michael gif again BTW.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,993
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,235
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

Or maybe I'm playing 6D chess and trying to lure you back into posting again
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Doogles said:

Or maybe I'm playing 6D chess and trying to lure you back into posting again