Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some things you don't come back from

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Seriously, which one of you fucks is @MessageBoardGeniusesDawg?

Chinvite sent
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've said and thought the Big 10 would be awesome. UW is more of a Big 10 school that most of the Big 10
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Texas fucked us all.

agreed. and even further, it was the longhorn network that really started all this realignment shit.

tbh, i think THINK the p12 network has greater distribution than then LHN, go figure.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    HuskyJW said:

Doogles said:

I've said this jokingly many times before(as well as others here), but dissolve the Pac-12 while there's still any value in the brand.

If I'm UW I'm breaking contract and throwing out serious inquiries to the BiG10/12

My greatest fear is the dismantling of the P12 and we are left with a Utah, Colorado, Oregon schools, Washington schools, Boise State, BYU conference
    That would suck. Associating with the California schools has benefits, isn’t that right AAWU member?

Winding up in a conference with cultists, not the fun kind, and a community college that rents space to a truck driving school would be a real donkey punch.

I want that Big Ten money and more competent conference leadership, but without losing the California schools. I know it’s too much to ask. You’d think that at least least a few ADs in the Pac-12 could get their assholes un-gaped long enough to do something big.

I wanted to see who the other Pac-12 ADs are, what they’ve done, to see if they had potential and found this gem from McMurphy, the slayer of Urban Meyer: https://watchstadium.com/ranking-the-pac-12-ads-with-jeff-goodman-and-brett-mcmurphy-06-18-2020/

We’re fucked.

Mullens and Cohen are ranked 1 and 3. All it lists is football and men’s basketball hires, but it’s enough to see that maybe only Wazzu’s guy, Pat Chun tonight, and the Doovils one has ever done something out of the ordinary. Chun brought the Lane Train to FAU. I was afraid USC had gotten a competent AD for the first time in a while, since he hired Fickell at Cincy. But he’s also the same one who was Colorado’s AD that hired Dan Hawkins, Embree, and Mike McIntyre. 0/3 so him not firing Clay Helton this year shows the continuation of his judgment.
  • Options

Texas fucked us all.

agreed. and even further, it was the longhorn network that really started all this realignment shit.

tbh, i think THINK the p12 network has greater distribution than then LHN, go figure.
    Scott Larry was soooo close. The other Big-12 teams realized they’re the Mountain West with no mountains if Texas bounces along with A&M, Nebraska, and the Okies. So they caved and gave Texas free use to do what they wanted.

Imagine if there were two divisions of the Pac-8 and the Desert Mountain Plains shit: Arizona schools, Colorado, mountain west Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, and then Oklahoma State and either Texas Tech or Kansas or anything.

We’d have more hicks but the conference wouldn’t be a laughingstock the way it is now.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    There are two schools consistently hyped in the Pac. Those two schools are now in the championship game. One of them didn't earn it, rather the rules were adjusted opportunistically to get them there. Success doesn't create hype. Rather hype brings success. We are going up against Nike and Weiden and Kennedy and ESPN with Crazy Larry and a weasel and OKG. You know in advance how that's going to turn out. Just like you could have known in advance that the Pac would place USC and Oregon in the money game.
  • Options

There are two schools consistently hyped in the Pac. Those two schools are now in the championship game. One of them didn't earn it, rather the rules were adjusted opportunistically to get them there. Success doesn't create hype. Rather hype brings success. We are going up against Nike and Weiden and Kennedy and ESPN with Crazy Larry and a weasel and OKG. You know in advance how that's going to turn out. Just like you could have known in advance that the Pac would place USC and Oregon in the money game.

Oregon should do the honorable thing and send a delegation.

Where is Rob Mullens sending a delegation to? LA to forfeit the Pac-12 Championship on behalf of the North? To Seattle to lend Jimmy some offensive linemen? To China to find the fuck that undercooked that bat? To San Francisco to let Larry Scott know that he will no longer be party to this corruption they schemed before the season?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,429
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

HuskyJW said:

Doogles said:

I've said this jokingly many times before(as well as others here), but dissolve the Pac-12 while there's still any value in the brand.

If I'm UW I'm breaking contract and throwing out serious inquiries to the BiG10/12

My greatest fear is the dismantling of the P12 and we are left with a Utah, Colorado, Oregon schools, Washington schools, Boise State, BYU conference
    That would suck. Associating with the California schools has benefits, isn’t that right AAWU member?

Winding up in a conference with cultists, not the fun kind, and a community college that rents space to a truck driving school would be a real donkey punch.

I want that Big Ten money and more competent conference leadership, but without losing the California schools. I know it’s too much to ask. You’d think that at least least a few ADs in the Pac-12 could get their assholes un-gaped long enough to do something big.

I wanted to see who the other Pac-12 ADs are, what they’ve done, to see if they had potential and found this gem from McMurphy, the slayer of Urban Meyer: https://watchstadium.com/ranking-the-pac-12-ads-with-jeff-goodman-and-brett-mcmurphy-06-18-2020/

We’re fucked.

Mullens and Cohen are ranked 1 and 3. All it lists is football and men’s basketball hires, but it’s enough to see that maybe only Wazzu’s guy, Pat Chun tonight, and the Doovils one has ever done something out of the ordinary. Chun brought the Lane Train to FAU. I was afraid USC had gotten a competent AD for the first time in a while, since he hired Fickell at Cincy. But he’s also the same one who was Colorado’s AD that hired Dan Hawkins, Embree, and Mike McIntyre. 0/3 so him not firing Clay Helton this year shows the continuation of his judgment.
    Props for the AAWU shout out old timer

The best 5 schools on the coast
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,839
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Our only hope is to leave the conference, but that will never happen
  • Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,058
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Texas fucked us all.

Scott Larry was soooo close. The other Big-12 teams realized they’re the Mountain West with no mountains if Texas bounces along with A&M, Nebraska, and the Okies. So they caved and gave Texas free use to do what they wanted.

Imagine if there were two divisions of the Pac-8 and the Desert Mountain Plains shit: Arizona schools, Colorado, mountain west Utah, Texas, Oklahoma, and then Oklahoma State and either Texas Tech or Kansas or anything.

We’d have more hicks but the conference wouldn’t be a laughingstock the way it is now.
    i have no idea if the 'ou/texas are coming but only if texas keeps LHN revenue' rumor was true (i have to think it was) but larry scott is fucking stupid to not say 'sure, bring that dreck of a network that only texas fans will give a shit about, we'll figure out the revenue with the other teams later.'

larry scott is fucking stupid.

i think i just talked myself into the 'ou/texas are coming' rumor.

fuck.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    HuskyJW said:

Doogles said:

This is 100% what would happen. UW are a bunch of pacifists and would stick around to not offend anyone by leaving them high and dry. Think about the fact that WSU probably has more control over UW's decision making on conference alignment than UW does because of the loser mentality on campus and wanting to be buddy-buddy with everyone.