Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• Addressing that list in order:

1. Of course climate changes but it's changing rapidly and it is extremely fragile in supporting human life. Point 1: fucktarded

2. "Decent" evidence that it's caused by man? What a dumbass. Point 2: fucktarded

3. Using one summer of fewer tornadoes to prove climate change isn't a crisis is..........fucktarded. It's not a yearly thing, it's an overall trend and each decade has been hotter than the previous (that's right you fucktards who think temps haven't changed).

4. Actually China is doing a much better job of addressing global warming and creating energy efficiency standards than the US. Hard to believe, but true: http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-01-13/top-global-emitter-china-best-on-climate-change-figueres-says.html
    Point 4: fucktarded

Final judgement on article: fucktarded
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,073 Founders Club
    Bullshit collegedoog. You are far too invested in your fear. Your China point proves that
  • Bullshit collegedoog. You are far too invested in your fear. Your China point proves that

Richard Lindzen is a balanced voice on climate change.
    You aren't a balanced voice. You're a fear monger with an agenda. You just exposed yourself.

China is doing a better job than the US

Fuck
  • You aren't a balanced voice. You're a fear monger with an agenda. You just exposed yourself.

China is doing a better job than the US

Fuck

http://www.nationaljournal.com/magazine/how-dirty-polluted-china-takes-climate-change-more-seriously-than-we-do-20130307
    Learn how to think its catching on

China is fucking up their air, we cleaned ours.

But they are FAR more serious

What a moron
  • Learn how to think its catching on

China is fucking up their air, we cleaned ours.

But they are FAR more serious

What a moron

They fucked up their air and got SERIOUS about climate change, instituting higher emission standards and testing cap and trade in localized areas to see how to integrate it into the larger economy.

How about that Trina Solar?

Meanwhile we continue to increase coal production.
  • At the root of it all is the hate for capitalism.

Wrong.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

They fucked up their air and got SERIOUS about climate change, instituting higher emission standards and testing cap and trade in localized areas to see how to integrate it into the larger economy.

How about that Trina Solar?

Meanwhile we continue to increase coal production.

Seriously? You're trusting a state-run communist media that they're getting better? All you can objectively look at are the results.

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2014-01-21/chinese-smog-reaches-all-the-way-to-los-angeles

I know I'd prefer to not have to wear a surgical mask to go outside.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    Wait, I don't even fucking remember starting this thread. Fucking Roofies. Fucking Race laid em on me.

• High ranking UN official on climate change =\= Chinese state government.

Thanks for playing!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

High ranking UN official on climate change =\= Chinese state government.

Thanks for playing!

Yes the UN. Always the reliable voice of reason.
  • uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940

High ranking UN official on climate change =\= Chinese state government.

Thanks for playing!

So he goes on a tour of China led by their government, they see a couple solar plants and initiatives, hey China must care about this! That doesn't scream window-dressing to you? Meanwhile where the actual work is getting done and to satisfy their energy needs, coal plants are spewing out pollution in the background.

Is this what you're basing the UN comment on?

A senior United Nations official said he is confident that China's air pollution problems will be alleviated as the country embarks on a transition toward a greener economy.

"Looking at China's efforts to address pollution in light of its environmental policy of the last 10 years, I must say I could imagine that it is possible," Achim Steiner, UN under-secretary-general, told China Daily.

http://usa.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2013-11/13/content_17100320.htm

So yea, they're talking about it, that's what politicians are best at. Solar energy is nowhere near prolific or efficient enough to support an economy the size of China. I agree that a solution needs to be found, but a lot of these projects are just to make people feel better about themselves, they don't actually accomplish goals.

"China currently generates nearly four-fifths of its electricity from coal-fired power stations.[23] It is progressing with the construction of 562 new coal-fired plants over the next few years.[37] In 2007, John Ashton, of the UK Foreign Office, informed the BBC that China was building about two power stations every week.

About 79% of China's electricity was produced with coal between 2004 and 2010. Coal electricity increased from 1,713 TWh in 2004 to 3,273 TWh in 2010."

"Approximately 7% of China's energy was from renewable sources in 2006, a figure targeted to rise to 10% by 2010 and to 16% by 2020." So yes, they are getting better, but here are only so many rivers where they can build Hydroelectric dams, a renewable resource that can actually produce significant amounts of power. It's nice that they're starting to think about it, but make no mistake, they still produce a ton of pollution, and will continue to produce that for the foreseeable future.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited January 2014
    Lol I didn't praise China. They're the second worst offender behind us. But recently they've started taking climate change more seriously than we have which is embarrassing.

Fuck at least they've started to take steps.

Lol I didn't praise China. They're the second worst offender behind us. But recently they've started taking climate change more seriously than we have which is embarrassing.

Fuck at least they've started to take steps.

Ummm.... No. In fact I believe it was you that posted an article that showed that they spewed about 25% more into the atmosphere than we did.

And please don't go all per capita on us.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    As long as there's profit to be made and Chinese people to be exploited, China won't do jack shit about pollution if it affects their factory output negatively in any way.
    Aucontraire'

China has really stepped up their efforts in regards to human rights and equality.

Unlike America, They truly give a shit about their people and are at least making an effort.