Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Loren Culp might be one of the few politicians in the US stupider than Trump

13»

Comments

• BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,837 Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

He’s obviously bitter, that’s too bad.

That being said, all states do need a periodic deep dive into the guts and processes of these votes from someone from the outside. Everyone should want that. If for nothing else than to root out incompetency. I have an accounting audit background and you can tell in less than a day if you are dealing with a well run company or not. Have only seen one real case of true material fraud, but seen countless examples of incompetence from accountants that arent necessarily immoral or compromised but are mostly interested in trying to cover up their own mistakes to their own management. Just to keep their jobs.

Same thing applies in these state elections no doubt.

Best post in the thread.
    Cosign. I may have said this before, in 2012 I voted for Rob McKenna. Despite having lived in the same address for a long time, my ballot was thrown out and my signature was challenged. It may not have made a difference, but it seemed strange. America does have a history of electile dysfunction. It would be nice to have some confidence in our system.
    That’s true. If only there had been election integrity bills introduced in Congress that would have provided much more frequent audits and the ability to examine potential fraud.
    If only dems had embraced voter ID? Uh, no they didn't and sued to allow voting with no ID. Then they lied about how poor people couldn't afford ID, except it's free. If only dem states cleaned up their voting rolls and didn't buy corrupt vote machines and didn't have their election staff cheat their asses off. Yeah, if only Pelosi had introduced the Honest Election Program for 2020. Would have passed unanimously. Leftards lie and love to be lied to.
    We’ve already discussed how difficult it would be to implement voter ID. We either A) have each state do it differently which would get us right back to where we are now or B ) have a uniform federal ID which we know red states wouldn’t do, too much “big gubmint”

It’s a good idea though. I like that we’re talking about it.
    Umm, its being done all over the place. ID to vote is done here in GA as well. Can you tell us the real reason you don't want ID to vote or are you going to stick to the "we can't do it because of this......" schtick? There are no excuses.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,010 Standard Supporter
    Sledog said:

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

That being said, all states do need a periodic deep dive into the guts and processes of these votes from someone from the outside. Everyone should want that. If for nothing else than to root out incompetency. I have an accounting audit background and you can tell in less than a day if you are dealing with a well run company or not. Have only seen one real case of true material fraud, but seen countless examples of incompetence from accountants that arent necessarily immoral or compromised but are mostly interested in trying to cover up their own mistakes to their own management. Just to keep their jobs.

Best post in the thread.
    Cosign. I may have said this before, in 2012 I voted for Rob McKenna. Despite having lived in the same address for a long time, my ballot was thrown out and my signature was challenged. It may not have made a difference, but it seemed strange. America does have a history of electile dysfunction. It would be nice to have some confidence in our system.
    That’s true. If only there had been election integrity bills introduced in Congress that would have provided much more frequent audits and the ability to examine potential fraud.
    If only dems had embraced voter ID? Uh, no they didn't and sued to allow voting with no ID. Then they lied about how poor people couldn't afford ID, except it's free. If only dem states cleaned up their voting rolls and didn't buy corrupt vote machines and didn't have their election staff cheat their asses off. Yeah, if only Pelosi had introduced the Honest Election Program for 2020. Would have passed unanimously. Leftards lie and love to be lied to.
    We’ve already discussed how difficult it would be to implement voter ID. We either A) have each state do it differently which would get us right back to where we are now or B ) have a uniform federal ID which we know red states wouldn’t do, too much “big gubmint”

What's hard? Register to vote in your state/county using your state ID. The when you go to vote in person you show your ID they check it and your registration and give you a ballot. We do that here in Idaho. Small little Idaho can do it.
    Every western European democracy has a cleaner system that the US. Toss in Australia and New Zealand. The US shouldn't be using the Venezuelan voting system unless you think cheating and playing for the away team is the morally superior position and lying and cheating are the moral high ground.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    edited December 2020

Ha ha ha. People can dislike Trump the human being but one thing is for sure, he is smarter than you and he is way smarter than biden-harris, part of the life long politician crowd. But you go ahead and make yourself FEEL good. It feeds your narcissism.

A smarter politician wouldn't have gotten butt fucked like he did. Trump is a fucking loser and the sooner you come to terms with that the sooner you can cut his ass and find someone who can actually do something with this new right wing populism.

Or just keep doubling down on the losing.
    I can't get behind this Green. Trump is full of personality flaws, and likely moral flaws to go with it. But he's anything but a loser politician. What he did in 2016 was brilliant. I'm fairly convinced most of the brilliance didn't come from him but rather guys like Bannon. But Trump was smart enough to listen to them and then executed the plan brilliantly. No he didn't make nice with left wing liberals. That would have been as dumb as Obama trying to mend things with the right. You dance with who brung ya.

And in terms of doing more with new right wing populism, how can you say that? Trump IS new right wing populism. He and his original inner circle pretty much invented it.

The only thing that did him in, IMO, is that he lost a good portion of the right of center moderates, and not so much on policy but on rhetoric. Even so, I'm still shocked about that because the other choice is such a fucking abortion.

Ha ha ha. People can dislike Trump the human being but one thing is for sure, he is smarter than you and he is way smarter than biden-harris, part of the life long politician crowd. But you go ahead and make yourself FEEL good. It feeds your narcissism.

A smarter politician wouldn't have gotten butt fucked like he did. Trump is a fucking loser and the sooner you come to terms with that the sooner you can cut his ass and find someone who can actually do something with this new right wing populism.

I can't get behind this Green. Trump is full of personality flaws, and likely moral flaws to go with it. But he's anything but a loser politician. What he did in 2016 was brilliant. I'm fairly convinced most of the brilliance didn't come from him but rather guys like Bannon. But Trump was smart enough to listen to them and then executed the plan brilliantly. No he didn't make nice with left wing liberals. That would have been as dumb as Obama trying to mend things with the right. You dance with who brung ya.

And in terms of doing more with new right wing populism, how can you say that? Trump IS new right wing populism. He and his original inner circle pretty much invented it.

The only thing that did him in, IMO, is that he lost a good portion of the right of center moderates, and not so much on policy but on rhetoric. Even so, I'm still shocked about that because the other choice is such a fucking abortion.
    Trump "lost" because of the MSM, and social media lies, because of the Covid shutdowns, because the chicoms unleashed a virus on us, because of Trump's horrible first debate and because of dem cheating.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

Best post in the thread.

People in India who live in mud have figured out how to get ID to vote. The only reason to be against it is because it makes election fraud much more difficult. Of course, the courts here won’t even allow signature verification anymore, so the USA is basically a 3rd-world country in how voting is managed, and it’s mainly in urban areas as we have seen this election.
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953

Yeah, he only gave us the best economy in decades, took the unemployment levels for the middle class down to the lowest they have been in 100 years, negotiated more peace in the middle east than all presidents combined, killed it in the nomination/placement of Judgeships, made America first a priority against our sworn enemies and our "allies" , brought troops back, righted the VA which is something biden and BO destroyed. Lets not forget the stock market which responded so well to the accomplishments and helped everyone's portfolio's to skyrocket.

Do I need to go on? You can stuff your anti Trump ignorance up your ass. His results are never before seen. Like I have said you don't have to like Trump the individual but you have to be a complete ass to deny his accomplishments. That makes you a complete ass in case you were wondering.

What he has done more than anything is prove that a business person who has real life experience in running a business and creating wealth is a better choice for President than life long politicians and community organizers who destroy everything they touch. Now we get to see biden/ankles up ruin the economy and put everyone back to work taking two part time jobs to survive and encourage violence against half the country like they have done for the last 4.5 years.
    took the unemployment levels for the middle class down to the lowest they have been in 100 years,

I'm having a hard time finding the unemployment number for the late 1910s and early 1920s. Could you provide a link please?
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,520 Swaye's Wigwam

MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

Best post in the thread.

Umm, its being done all over the place. ID to vote is done here in GA as well. Can you tell us the real reason you don't want ID to vote or are you going to stick to the "we can't do it because of this......" schtick? There are no excuses.
    I didn’t say I didn’t want to require ID to vote. It should be required. My argument is that a specific “voter ID card” would be difficult to implement at either a state level or federal level.

But needing general ID to vote? Sure, makes sense.
    edited December 2020

Trump "lost" because of the MSM, and social media lies, because of the Covid shutdowns, because the chicoms unleashed a virus on us, because of Trump's horrible first debate and because of dem cheating.
    There's a lot there to unpack.

As for the virus, you may have something there. Not so much the showdowns, which actually served as a rallying point for his base (communist governors!), but how the response was handled in the first instance. I know many conservatives (hi @GrundleStiltzkin ) who thought he was clumsy and in over his head in the beginning. I for one, don't lay a lot of blame there. It was a tough issue. At the end of the day, unemployment rebounded from what had occurred in the spring, as did the market.

As for the media, at some point you have to stop blaming them for everything. I personally saw more people swing politcally during this election cycle than I ever have before, and those were people who were former labor democrats who swung hard right to Trump. I did not, on the other hand, experience one former righty who swung over left because of Trump or the media.

On cheating, that's another thread. If there was cheating, then there's always been cheating. Sponsor legislation to require massive funding for independent audits. I'd get behind that.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

As for the virus, you may have something there. Not so much the showdowns, which actually served as a rallying point for his base (communist governors!), but how the response was handled in the first instance. I know many conservatives (hi @GrundleStiltzkin ) who thought he was clumsy and in over his head in the beginning. I for one, don't lay a lot of blame there. It was a tough issue. At the end of the day, unemployment rebounded from what had occurred in the spring, as did the market.

As for the media, at some point you have to stop blaming them for everything. I personally saw more people swing politcally during this election cycle than I ever have before, and those were people who were former labor democrats who swung hard right to Trump. I did not, on the other hand, experience one former righty who swung over left because of Trump or the media.

On cheating, that's another thread. If there was cheating, then there's always been cheating. Sponsor legislation to require massive funding for independent audits. I'd get behind that.
    Huh?

Huh?
    Referencing your disappointment with Trump's initial handling of the Wuhan Flu.

You know what I'm talking about damnit!

Huh?

Administration action was probably fine. Trump’s messaging in March & April was largely terrible. Also missed some big opportunities to help himself & the country with the George Floyd situation.
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

hardhat said:

Bob_C said:

Best post in the thread.

Must've been during one of my sojourns from the Tug. Tell me, what is so difficult?

The federal government, through various clauses in the US Constitution, asserts jurisdiction over the states all the time. I'm not an election law lawyer, but I would imagine there is a strong argument for federal preemption of federal voting processes. What's so hard? Make some basic requirements. JFC I don't want anyone who can't figure this out to vote. It's bad enough with the legions of morons in this country who can figure it out. You want the dumbest of the dumb voting too?

This is one of those absurd positions held with a death grip by people who are ideologically anchored in one place. It's like, who could actually be against this? You can legislate protections so that the processes don't unfairly burden one group over another, but for Christ's sake you can't get on a plane with an expired driver's license. This is easy IMO.

Huh?

Administration action was probably fine. Trump’s messaging in March & April was largely terrible. Also missed some big opportunities to help himself & the country with the George Floyd situation.
    You're just a blue ribbon pussy who cracks me up Grumble.

Huh?

YAWFMBR

Huh?

YAWFMBR
    Give me about 10 minutes and then decode that for me. I'm trying.

Huh?

YAWFMBR
    Give me about 10 minutes and then decode that for me. I'm trying.
    Uncle.

There isn't a lot to unpack. The MSM lied about almost everything related to Trump and the chicom crud. Trump had some messaging miscues on the virus but nothing like the blue state dems who opposed the initial chicom airplane ban, stuffed the virus into nursing homes and encouraged everyone to get out and celebrate the Chinese New Year and eat in Chinese restaurants. If the MSM had been cheerleading Trump's economy, the relative corruption free administration and Trump's positive response to what is really a bad flue he would have won 400 electoral votes despite the fraud.

Well, you would be the only possible non-conservative supporting federal mandates regarding state presidential elections. You and the conservatives would be behind it but not the dem House and there isn't 60 votes for it in the Senate. This isn't a pox on both houses thing. This is a pox on blue state dems and MSM that don't want honest and auditable elections.