Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

morris has heart and the O deserved a chance to win the game. the D is absolutely heartless, trash.

Comments

• Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TommySQC said:

not having Levi hurts hard

Are you saying that UW has no depth? Having 1 specific guy out vs a shitty Stanford team should make that muchnof a difference?

Fucking horrible take. This team shouldn't have missed a beat. This is on Jimmy. Nut the fuck up and fire your POS buddy if you want to be a winner.

Pete couldn't. That's why he quit.
    A little bit of SR leadership would have been good. Bronson, who on his best day is average and a bunch of SO and FR who are talented but maybe could have used a guy like Levi on the field. That was my take
  • Options
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Bunch of drops by Culp and the WRs too. That holding call on Ty's TD with 10:00 minutes left in the 4th was also a killer.
  • Options

Bunch of drops by Culp and the WRs too. That holding call on Ty's TD with 10:00 minutes left in the 4th was also a killer.

Odunze had his best game and there were still a couple frustrating drops
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Holding penalty sucked but we still couldn’t stop Stanford when we knew specifically if they were going to run or pass from every down after that. Really disappointing.

The defense is just not good. 3/4 games they got their shit pushed in on the run game. It is who they are at this point.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Somehow this whole trope rolls out every year, that the defense sucks because it does what it's designed to do and as a result has been the #1 defense in the P12 for the past 81 years.

What is KwatFS is not figuring out that Stanford will do this every year, run "big boy" (ILTCIBB, ILTDT) formations over our 2 DL formations. Your bending defense is breaking giving up drives of 11, 9, 9, 14, 7, 6, 2 (TO), and 14 plays.

I'm pretty stupid, but how about a different base defense with your top 8 line stuffers rotating through 4 down linemen and 12 best tacklers situationally subbed in and out? Anything is better than a front 8 on 8 where we have a slight advantage at 1-2 positions, they have a slight advantage at 2-3, and they have a massive advantage at 4 positions.

I know we have Alabama talent on defense, but I don't think right now weº really have the depth to put out that front.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

Somehow this whole trope rolls out every year, that the defense sucks because it does what it's designed to do and as a result has been the #1 defense in the P12 for the past 81 years.

What is KwatFS is not figuring out that Stanford will do this every year, run "big boy" (ILTCIBB, ILTDT) formations over our 2 DL formations. Your bending defense is breaking giving up drives of 11, 9, 9, 14, 7, 6, 2 (TO), and 14 plays.

I'm pretty stupid, but how about a different base defense with your top 8 line stuffers rotating through 4 down linemen and 12 best tacklers situationally subbed in and out? Anything is better than a front 8 on 8 where we have a slight advantage at 1-2 positions, they have a slight advantage at 2-3, and they have a massive advantage at 4 positions.

I know we have Alabama talent on defense, but I don't think right now weº really have the depth to put out that front.
    I was position agnostic there, if it requires throwing OLB/ILB/backup OL and TEs out there with their hand on the ground to eat up blockers, well... I think it could have some merit. Missing Levi, Tryon, Pa'ama, Bowman, Latu, and Bandes certainly would have made it hard to deploy conventionally last night. Is Draco Bynum really THIS worthless?

Glad to see Tuli is back to being his first round draft pick self, however.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

I was position agnostic there, if it requires throwing OLB/ILB/backup OL and TEs out there with their hand on the ground to eat up blockers, well... I think it could have some merit. Missing Levi, Tryon, Pa'ama, Bowman, Latu, and Bandes certainly would have made it hard to deploy conventionally last night. Is Draco Bynum really THIS worthless?

Glad to see Tuli is back to being his first round draft pick self, however.
    Glad/sad you chincluded Pa’ama on that list. Hope we didn’t active run him.

Bandes was out yesterday?
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Was this picture of Smalls a mirage? Camera angle tricks? He looks as big as Donkey Kong Suh as a 15 year old, and yet on the field, he looks severely undersized and overmatched.
  • Options
    Emoterman said:

Was this picture of Smalls a mirage? Camera angle tricks? He looks as big as Donkey Kong Suh as a 15 year old, and yet on the field, he looks severely undersized and overmatched.

For a true freshman he looks good as far as size and physical skills go. Yeah he will lose a lot of battles right now. He just shouldn’t be doing more than spot duty yet and everyone knows it and thus schemes to him. Not enough discipline to hold the edge.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Emoterman said:

He’s an 18 year old freshmen that hasn’t reached physical maturity going up against grown men. He just needs to get stronger.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Emoterman said:

For a true freshman he looks good as far as size and physical skills go. Yeah he will lose a lot of battles right now. He just shouldn’t be doing more than spot duty yet and everyone knows it and thus schemes to him. Not enough discipline to hold the edge.
    He’s just not strong enough yet!
  • Options

Emoterman said:

He’s just not strong enough yet!
    That’s what i was eluding to! Stop shouting!