Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Newton's Situation Explained, Sort Of — He Didn't Practice Well

Comments

• CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,023 Founders Club
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,772 Founders Club

Thanks Taft!

Way to keep padding your post cound, but you went through 15000 without an epic write-up.
    Is 15,000 special? I guess I got to 15,000 in December and anytime you’re doing things in December, it’s special.

Guess we’ll have to wait until I hit 20,000. To put it another way, that’ll be about 2,500 poasts thanking Taft, 1,000 of people asking for the mods and me replying with huh?, another 700 nacho jokes, 500 GRUNDLE STOp poasts and then 300 or so malarkey related posts tagging @GrundleStiltzkin
    Th maff adds up.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam
    We talking about practice?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Could have said game film and it would have been the same
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 4,015
    Yikes. Hopefully ZTF doesn't take a day off.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Thanks Taft!

Way to keep padding your post cound, but you went through 15000 without an epic write-up.
    The only obsession going on around here is you and this site. Most guys post here and there, you post here in scary fashion. Gives u a reason to pound after a day at the HH office. You see your post total and scream up to your dads with pride. "Dad I'm up to 23,387", while your partner cries with happiness.
    Cockus?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,605 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Thanks Taft!

The only obsession going on around here is you and this site. Most guys post here and there, you post here in scary fashion. Gives u a reason to pound after a day at the HH office. You see your post total and scream up to your dads with pride. "Dad I'm up to 23,387", while your partner cries with happiness.
    Cockus?
    What do you do when you see your poast total?
  • dnc said:

Thanks Taft!

Cockus?
    Nah, I just find it relevant to RTFM. Plus, the Classics bored is a hoot.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,852
    He’s not very good, that’s why he didn’t play hth
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited December 2020

He’s not very good, that’s why he didn’t play hth

Looking forward to Newton having a big game on Saturday!

I’m not writing him off. He had a bad game vs Oregon State. He did fine vs Arizona along with everyone else. Hopefully he’s pissed off about not playing and performs well.

All 4 RB’s are decent, but nothing special. You’re gonna chime in about Cam Davis, but he’s done basically nothing and I don’t give a shit about his high school Hudl.

Unless Davis is an absolute stud, we are doing the right thing. Kamari can block and is seen by the coaches as a good pass catcher. McGrew is the best of the bunch but small and injury prone. Newton is the power guy. Davis is a young guy that looks like he has ability, but we really haven’t seen.
    Kamari is good. Dick Newton has the worst pass blocking grade in the conference. What does he do well? Score 2 yard touchdowsn? That run against Arizona he wasn’t touched. Davis needs more touches to get into the flow of the game. Newton didn’t play because the coaches know he sucks hth.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    Uh BTP dude how can you have watched the RB performance against Utah and not at least clamored for a few carries for Newton? I mean Pleasant was averaging 2ypc most of the night.

I really want to give you the benefit of the doubt and not assume this is just you projecting TBS angst, but the data doesn’t support it. Tell me I am wrong in a way that isn’t citing obscure PFF pass block grades.

For the record I think Cam Davis is the next star and want him to get majority of the carries.
    edited December 2020
    Newton has the worst vision of the backs on the roster. There’s a reason he didn’t play. This has nothing to do with TBS angst? Kamari is clearly the better player because he actually contributes in the pass game. What does Newton do well?

Against Utah you need someone that can create because they are disciplined in their fits and play well up front. Newton can’t do that. He is really bad laterally.