Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bad team. Terrible Coaching

Comments

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

ntxduck said:

I didn't even know this was a Friday game until after it was over and I saw the gloating on the main board. I couldn't believe it, so watched a 13 minute highlight reel on YouTube.

I watched most of the UO/WSU game and now this highlight reel, and that's what I've seen of Oregon this "season." That being said, can somebody tell me what the fuck happened? The Baltimore high school sprint-out RPO shit looked unstoppable against the Cuog, and the first 10 minutes of this game's reel made it look like more of the same. It sure looked to me like Oregon's offense was a hot knife through already melted butter for at least half the game, taking massive chunks out of Beavis' ass and scoring at will. What the fuck changed? Did @Babushka just make great adjustments or something? Did Moorhead just step on his own dick in the fourth?

What little I've seen of Moorhead's offense, I was low-key shitting my pants over the Huskies facing it. Again, that RPO game looks nearly unstoppable at times. What the fuck?

Lastly, what ever happened to High Millen's kid down there? He looked like a late bloomer that put some seriously good play on film his senior year. Did it just not translate to D1? I'm surprised that the kid with an NFL dad who passed for a billionty yards in high school wouldn't be a better option.

Lots of Chuck bashing but the defense is fucking terrible.

D line
    LBs
    Almost all of the secondary.

That is all.
    I said after watching the WSU game that Oregon's defense had a problem, so that's old news. I guess my point is that it doesn't matter how bad your defense is if you score a TD on every drive, which it clearly looked like was happening for at least half the game. Also, there was some Shough criticism above, so that's why I was focusing more on the offense.
    They seem to go conservative once they’re up double digits and Chuck is average at pretty much everything except for the things he’s poor at.

If he makes the right read they blow up but that seems more to do with the rest of them than it does with him.

If he gets things right they look unstoppable. He gets a lot of things wrong.
    So why not Millen? I'm genuinely curious. A lot around here felt Washington got the shit end of the deal taking Morris early and therefore missing on Millen.
    He’s 4th string right now, sliding towards 5th. I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t sold the couch yet
    People who think Sirmon’s weird should check out Cale’s Instagram. Yikes
    He a church bitch?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I didn't even know this was a Friday game until after it was over and I saw the gloating on the main board. I couldn't believe it, so watched a 13 minute highlight reel on YouTube.

I watched most of the UO/WSU game and now this highlight reel, and that's what I've seen of Oregon this "season." That being said, can somebody tell me what the fuck happened? The Baltimore high school sprint-out RPO shit looked unstoppable against the Cuog, and the first 10 minutes of this game's reel made it look like more of the same. It sure looked to me like Oregon's offense was a hot knife through already melted butter for at least half the game, taking massive chunks out of Beavis' ass and scoring at will. What the fuck changed? Did @Babushka just make great adjustments or something? Did Moorhead just step on his own dick in the fourth?

What little I've seen of Moorhead's offense, I was low-key shitting my pants over the Huskies facing it. Again, that RPO game looks nearly unstoppable at times. What the fuck?

Lastly, what ever happened to High Millen's kid down there? He looked like a late bloomer that put some seriously good play on film his senior year. Did it just not translate to D1? I'm surprised that the kid with an NFL dad who passed for a billionty yards in high school wouldn't be a better option.

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    I said after watching the WSU game that Oregon's defense had a problem, so that's old news. I guess my point is that it doesn't matter how bad your defense is if you score a TD on every drive, which it clearly looked like was happening for at least half the game. Also, there was some Shough criticism above, so that's why I was focusing more on the offense.
    They seem to go conservative once they’re up double digits and Chuck is average at pretty much everything except for the things he’s poor at.

If he makes the right read they blow up but that seems more to do with the rest of them than it does with him.

So why not Millen? I'm genuinely curious. A lot around here felt Washington got the shit end of the deal taking Morris early and therefore missing on Millen.
    He’s 4th string right now, sliding towards 5th. I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t sold the couch yet
    He a church bitch?
    No he’s just weird
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2020

Huge Mellons’ son Brown shorted his shoulder last year and is still recovering.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

It’s funny how some of you think season even counts.

Quooks

You're such a sniveling cunt. Come take your lashes like a man.
    Odd thing to say considering I’m here posting, you unhinged loser.
  • Options
    Beavs beef’d Oregon.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Quooks

You need to look @ntxduck in the eyes, call him daddy, and apologize for being such an insufferable quook.

Only then can your path to redemption begin.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Quooks

You need to look @BennyBeaver in the eyes, call him daddy, and apologize for being such an insufferable quook.

Only then can your path to redemption begin.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I can't believe UW only beat them 27-21 and let Jefferson run for 160; The class of the West Coast and Tibbiedough and Sewell will shit that shit down.

Hey Oregon did score more points than UW managed. Maybe running the ball instead of throwing interceptions was a good plan.

Early litmus test for Lake. DAWGS should role and snap the streak at two.

If not, Lake’s not your? guy.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

ntxduck said:

D line
    LBs

That is all.

I don't follow 19 year old dudes on social media
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2020

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    It’s not complicated. Oregon moved the ball on Beav, running and throwing. Had 2 or 3 90-ish yard TD drives.

Shuck threw 2 terrible picks. And then led a really uninspired effort to get just one first down to seal it. Went 3 and out with a weak sack that I would pin on the QB.

If Lake does anything other than run the ball 100 times he’s not your? Guy.

Beav sucks.
  • Options

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    It’s not complicated. Oregon moved the ball on Beav, running and throwing. Had 2 or 3 90-ish yard TD drives.

Shuck threw 2 terrible picks. And then led a really uninspired effort to get just one first down to seal it. Went 3 and out with a weak sack that I would pin on the QB.

If Lake does anything other than run the ball 100 times he’s not your? Guy.

Beav sucks.
    Oregon is bad against the pass too. Abundance. Drop a 50 burger or gtfo
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I take back all the good things I said about Tyler Shough and the bad things about the people who said he sucked. He can go shuck himself with a large corn cob.

Meh. If Shough hit the transfer portal tomorrow, the Boovs would drop the Gerbil in a heartbeat and start poasting pictures of Shough’s mom in her Beaver suit to make him their starting QB.

The only fundamental flaw with Shough was the QB11 Shough>Mariota>God>Most Functioning QBs>Herbert hot taek was some of the most Quookish/Grellow colored glasses shit I’ve ever heard.

Herbert was the best Oregon QB of this century so far because the ability to throw the ball a million miles per hour is an essential trait against good defenses.

Mariota was elite at Oregon because he was Alex Smith who was faster than most tailbacks, which at the NFL level where running a QB is verboten makes him Alex Smith.

VAJ had no elite tools, but he had that JFF moxie where he could scramble in the pocket for thirty seconds until a play finally developed. Doesn’t work in the NFL, but works great for the Canada City Roughriders.

Shough doesn’t have any of those traits. Most CFB quarterbacks don’t. But it’s easy to forget that when you haven’t had to deal with that for a Duckade.
    Agree on most everything, except for two things.

Vernon Adams did have an elite skill other than improvisational jitterbugging. He threw a beautiful, catchable pass. Very important trait that gets forgotten despite its importance. Receivers loved playing with him because he made it easy on them with anticipation, accuracy, trajectory.

Mariota could also read a defense. Maybe that’s the Alex Smith comparison. He’s not the fastest QB to ever play in that type of spread of offense, but he was the best because of that combination of speed/good enough arm and play recognition. He was unstoppable because he not only limited mistakes he could tell where the opening was going to be. Now they let QBs run in the NFL, or at least develop a real offense other than what he was pigeonholed into with Tennessee. Imagine if Andy Reid was his coach, or Chip would have abandoned his retarded Sam Bradford reclamation project and traded the franchise for him. Shit, even Jim Harbaugh figured out how to use Kapernick.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,489
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Christo looked like he finally realized he was stuck with his own guys in there.

@DJDuck