Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bad team. Terrible Coaching

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

I take back all the good things I said about Tyler Shough and the bad things about the people who said he sucked. He can go shuck himself with a large corn cob.

He’s just a quarterback, nothing special. Can’t finish off games at all. There’s far more wrong with this team than just him though. 38 points should be more than enough to win just about any football game.
    Yeah, the lion’s share of the loss isn’t on him or the offense, just partial blame.

But I knew the defense was shitty shit. I thought the offense was legit and Shough was going to be Oregon’s first team all conference QB after that long drought of honorable mention Herbert.

I was wrong. Dude is just a QB, and not anything remotely special. Threw two awful picks, one of which was on first down from inside his 10 and no receiver who even had a chance. Then, on 2nd and 6 needing a first down to end the game he:

Makes a bad read and gets tackled for a loss.

Throws at a running receivers feet, five yards short of the marker, while a wide open receiver is jumping up and down well beyond the marker and on his way to a TD if he gets the ball.
    He should have had 6-7 ints coming into tonight. He’s bad. Play butterfield next week because if Shough is the starter next year we fucked
    Per PFF he has 14 turnover worthy plays in 4 games, yuck.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

It’s funny how some of you think season even counts.

Quooks

The season counted, until it didn’t.

Memories don’t get erased just because it’s six artificial games without the teams best players.

I didn’t care as much as usual, but I still cared. This was setting up as a nice little opportunity in a shitty year.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Quooks

Memories don’t get erased just because it’s six artificial games without the teams best players.

I didn’t care as much as usual, but I still cared. This was setting up as a nice little opportunity in a shitty year.
    At the end of the season someone is getting the Pac 12 trophy and a possible trip to an empty Rose Bowl stadium.

Everyone who doesn’t win it will say it doesn’t count, the winners will get the same trophy as last year and the year before and a nice T-shirt.

Different rules. Same prize. I’m on board.

• Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,513
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Quooks

At the end of the season someone is getting the Pac 12 trophy and a possible trip to an empty Rose Bowl stadium.

Everyone who doesn’t win it will say it doesn’t count, the winners will get the same trophy as last year and the year before and a nice T-shirt.

There’s no rose bowl this year
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ntxduck said:

Quooks

Yeah, but still...

(Can’t find a single bit of news saying the game is canceled)
  • Options

ntxduck said:

Quooks

Yeah, but still...

(Is that true Clark?)
    It’s a semifinal, so the pac12 champ will be in the fiesta against byu or some shit
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Quooks

Yeah, but still...

(Is that true Clark?)
    It’s a semifinal, so the pac12 champ will be in the fiesta against byu or some shit
    Ah right.

My stance remains unchanged.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I didn't even know this was a Friday game until after it was over and I saw the gloating on the main board. I couldn't believe it, so watched a 13 minute highlight reel on YouTube.

I watched most of the UO/WSU game and now this highlight reel, and that's what I've seen of Oregon this "season." That being said, can somebody tell me what the fuck happened? The Baltimore high school sprint-out RPO shit looked unstoppable against the Cuog, and the first 10 minutes of this game's reel made it look like more of the same. It sure looked to me like Oregon's offense was a hot knife through already melted butter for at least half the game, taking massive chunks out of Beavis' ass and scoring at will. What the fuck changed? Did @Babushka just make great adjustments or something? Did Moorhead just step on his own dick in the fourth?

What little I've seen of Moorhead's offense, I was low-key shitting my pants over the Huskies facing it. Again, that RPO game looks nearly unstoppable at times. What the fuck?

Lastly, what ever happened to High Millen's kid down there? He looked like a late bloomer that put some seriously good play on film his senior year. Did it just not translate to D1? I'm surprised that the kid with an NFL dad who passed for a billionty yards in high school wouldn't be a better option.
  • Options

I didn't even know this was a Friday game until after it was over and I saw the gloating on the main board. I couldn't believe it, so watched a 13 minute highlight reel on YouTube.

I watched most of the UO/WSU game and now this highlight reel, and that's what I've seen of Oregon this "season." That being said, can somebody tell me what the fuck happened? The Baltimore high school sprint-out RPO shit looked unstoppable against the Cuog, and the first 10 minutes of this game's reel made it look like more of the same. It sure looked to me like Oregon's offense was a hot knife through already melted butter for at least half the game, taking massive chunks out of Beavis' ass and scoring at will. What the fuck changed? Did @Babushka just make great adjustments or something? Did Moorhead just step on his own dick in the fourth?

What little I've seen of Moorhead's offense, I was low-key shitting my pants over the Huskies facing it. Again, that RPO game looks nearly unstoppable at times. What the fuck?

Lastly, what ever happened to High Millen's kid down there? He looked like a late bloomer that put some seriously good play on film his senior year. Did it just not translate to D1? I'm surprised that the kid with an NFL dad who passed for a billionty yards in high school wouldn't be a better option.

Lots of Chuck bashing but the defense is fucking terrible.

D line
    LBs
    Almost all of the secondary.

That is all.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    I said after watching the WSU game that Oregon's defense had a problem, so that's old news. I guess my point is that it doesn't matter how bad your defense is if you score a TD on every drive, which it clearly looked like was happening for at least half the game. Also, there was some Shough criticism above, so that's why I was focusing more on the offense.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    Oregon Schucks, hth
  • Options

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    I said after watching the WSU game that Oregon's defense had a problem, so that's old news. I guess my point is that it doesn't matter how bad your defense is if you score a TD on every drive, which it clearly looked like was happening for at least half the game. Also, there was some Shough criticism above, so that's why I was focusing more on the offense.
    Shough is the Jameis Winston of college quarterbacks hth.

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    ISM and Funa don’t even look like the same players.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

ISM and Funa don’t even look like the same players.

Funa was getting prison rep’d all night, s/o mr. microbrew!

• Options

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    They seem to go conservative once they’re up double digits and Chuck is average at pretty much everything except for the things he’s poor at.

If he makes the right read they blow up but that seems more to do with the rest of them than it does with him.

If he gets things right they look unstoppable. He gets a lot of things wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

D line
    LBs

That is all.
    They seem to go conservative once they’re up double digits and Chuck is average at pretty much everything except for the things he’s poor at.

If he makes the right read they blow up but that seems more to do with the rest of them than it does with him.

So why not Millen? I'm genuinely curious. A lot around here felt Washington got the shit end of the deal taking Morris early and therefore missing on Millen.
  • Options

D line
    LBs

That is all.

So why not Millen? I'm genuinely curious. A lot around here felt Washington got the shit end of the deal taking Morris early and therefore missing on Millen.
    He’s 4th string right now, sliding towards 5th. I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t sold the couch yet
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

D line
    LBs

That is all.

He’s 4th string right now, sliding towards 5th. I’m honestly surprised he hasn’t sold the couch yet
    People who think Sirmon’s weird should check out Cale’s Instagram. Yikes