Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bad team. Terrible Coaching

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I can't believe UW only beat them 27-21 and let Jefferson run for 160; The class of the West Coast and Tibbiedough and Sewell will shit that shit down.

Hey Oregon did score more points than UW managed. Maybe running the ball instead of throwing interceptions was a good plan.

Early litmus test for Lake. DAWGS should role and snap the streak at two.

If not, Lake’s not your? guy.
    Earlier today I was expecting to be plundered by Washington in two weeks. After seeing the Utah game today I think we’re going to have ourselves a good old fashioned shit show for the Pac-12 north. I’m talking diarrhea on the walls type of game.
    Utah can stop the run hth. Also the 2nd and 10 runs are an abortion.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I can't believe UW only beat them 27-21 and let Jefferson run for 160; The class of the West Coast and Tibbiedough and Sewell will shit that shit down.

Hey Oregon did score more points than UW managed. Maybe running the ball instead of throwing interceptions was a good plan.

Earlier today I was expecting to be plundered by Washington in two weeks. After seeing the Utah game today I think we’re going to have ourselves a good old fashioned shit show for the Pac-12 north. I’m talking diarrhea on the walls type of game.
    I remember what it was like having a run defense, it was nice. Utah had a run defense last year as well, before Oregon and Texas skull fucked them.

What Utah doesn’t have is an offense. This years shipment of JuCo running backs and playbooks from 1997 must not have arrived yet. Oregon has an offense, the only question is how many turnovers Shuck will be feeling like committing that day.
  • Options

I remember what it was like having a run defense, it was nice. Utah had a run defense last year as well, before Oregon and Texas skull fucked them.

What Utah doesn’t have is an offense. This years shipment of JuCo running backs and playbooks from 1997 must not have arrived yet. Oregon has an offense, the only question is how many turnovers Shuck will be feeling like committing that day.
    Probably a few. The Beavlet put up 500+ yards of total offense and i can confidently say if play calling doesn’t fuck us we are way better offensively than the beavlet.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

its gonna be special
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

The Penn State bowel v Moorehead was the first game Jimmy called the defense. It will be genuinely interesting to see Kwat call a game against him.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    edited November 2020

John Don sucks. Get used to disappearing for entire halves of games. That Utah team is replacing 9 starters on defense.

Also, Morris isn’t a good qb. As much as you think Shough is an interception machine, he isn’t as inaccurate.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

John Don sucks. Get used to disappearing for entire halves a game. That Utah team is replacing 9 starters.

Also, Morris isn’t a good qb. As much as you think Shough is an interception machine, he isn’t as inaccurate.
    Avalos sucks. Your DL sucks. Your LBs suck. Your safeties suck. You lost to beavlet. Hope this helps faggot.

• Options

lawsandl said:

John Don sucks. Get used to disappearing for entire halves a game. That Utah team is replacing 9 starters.

Avalos sucks. Your DL sucks. Your LBs suck. Your safeties suck. You lost to beavlet. Hope this helps faggot.

It doesn’t change the fact that your offense disappears for halves and the defense gets creased against the run game.

UW should win but everyone knew Arizona was fool’s gold.

I saw no reason why Oregon won’t score against UW.
  • Options

what would worry me about avalos is that when uw’s defense was young the upperclassmen were still good and actually kept improving. Players like jordon scott seem to be getting worse.

Scott is playing where he was last year. He’s a limited player and not exactly a scheme fit.

I think most of us thought Aumavae would take more and more snaps. Him missing multiple games sucks.

The biggest disappointment is Funa and then ISM.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    lawsandl said:

what would worry me about avalos is that when uw’s defense was young the upperclassmen were still good and actually kept improving. Players like jordon scott seem to be getting worse.

Scott is playing where he was last year. He’s a limited player and not exactly a scheme fit.

I think most of us thought Aumavae would take more and more snaps. Him missing multiple games sucks.

Duh.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

Duh.
    Fuck off.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Duh.
    Fuck off.
    Get beef’d by the beavlet bitch!
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2020

I take back all the good things I said about Tyler Shough and the bad things about the people who said he sucked. He can go shuck himself with a large corn cob.

Meh. If Shough hit the transfer portal tomorrow, the Boovs would drop the Gerbil in a heartbeat and start poasting pictures of Shough’s mom in her Beaver suit to make him their starting QB.

The only fundamental flaw with Shough was the QB11 Shough>Mariota>God>Most Functioning QBs>Herbert hot taek was some of the most Quookish/Grellow colored glasses shit I’ve ever heard.

Herbert was the best Oregon QB of this century so far because the ability to throw the ball a million miles per hour is an essential trait against good defenses.

Mariota was elite at Oregon because he was Alex Smith who was faster than most tailbacks, which at the NFL level where running a QB is verboten makes him Alex Smith.

VAJ had no elite tools, but he had that JFF moxie where he could scramble in the pocket for thirty seconds until a play finally developed. Doesn’t work in the NFL, but works great for the Canada City Roughriders.

Shough doesn’t have any of those traits. Most CFB quarterbacks don’t. But it’s easy to forget that when you haven’t had to deal with that for a Duckade.
    Agree on most everything, except for two things.

Vernon Adams did have an elite skill other than improvisational jitterbugging. He threw a beautiful, catchable pass. Very important trait that gets forgotten despite its importance. Receivers loved playing with him because he made it easy on them with anticipation, accuracy, trajectory.

Mariota could also read a defense. Maybe that’s the Alex Smith comparison. He’s not the fastest QB to ever play in that type of spread of offense, but he was the best because of that combination of speed/good enough arm and play recognition. He was unstoppable because he not only limited mistakes he could tell where the opening was going to be. Now they let QBs run in the NFL, or at least develop a real offense other than what he was pigeonholed into with Tennessee. Imagine if Andy Reid was his coach, or Chip would have abandoned his retarded Sam Bradford reclamation project and traded the franchise for him. Shit, even Jim Harbaugh figured out how to use Kapernick.
    Meh. Maybe VAJ would’ve had a cup of coffee in the NFL as opposed to a shot of espresso if he threw a harder, less catchable ball. Conversely, Sherbert’s drop problem has stopped in the NFL where receivers who drop too many passes have their couches repossessed.

Oregon’s drop problem has disappeared under Shough, too. But conversely, he’s likely to blow by Sherbert’s worst interception total at Oregon in half the games. It might be better if he threw a less catchable ball too.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557

I take back all the good things I said about Tyler Shough and the bad things about the people who said he sucked. He can go shuck himself with a large corn cob.

Meh. If Shough hit the transfer portal tomorrow, the Boovs would drop the Gerbil in a heartbeat and start poasting pictures of Shough’s mom in her Beaver suit to make him their starting QB.

The only fundamental flaw with Shough was the QB11 Shough>Mariota>God>Most Functioning QBs>Herbert hot taek was some of the most Quookish/Grellow colored glasses shit I’ve ever heard.

Herbert was the best Oregon QB of this century so far because the ability to throw the ball a million miles per hour is an essential trait against good defenses.

Mariota was elite at Oregon because he was Alex Smith who was faster than most tailbacks, which at the NFL level where running a QB is verboten makes him Alex Smith.

VAJ had no elite tools, but he had that JFF moxie where he could scramble in the pocket for thirty seconds until a play finally developed. Doesn’t work in the NFL, but works great for the Canada City Roughriders.

Shough doesn’t have any of those traits. Most CFB quarterbacks don’t. But it’s easy to forget that when you haven’t had to deal with that for a Duckade.

Vernon Adams did have an elite skill other than improvisational jitterbugging. He threw a beautiful, catchable pass. Very important trait that gets forgotten despite its importance. Receivers loved playing with him because he made it easy on them with anticipation, accuracy, trajectory.

Mariota could also read a defense. Maybe that’s the Alex Smith comparison. He’s not the fastest QB to ever play in that type of spread of offense, but he was the best because of that combination of speed/good enough arm and play recognition. He was unstoppable because he not only limited mistakes he could tell where the opening was going to be. Now they let QBs run in the NFL, or at least develop a real offense other than what he was pigeonholed into with Tennessee. Imagine if Andy Reid was his coach, or Chip would have abandoned his retarded Sam Bradford reclamation project and traded the franchise for him. Shit, even Jim Harbaugh figured out how to use Kapernick.
    Meh. Maybe VAJ would’ve had a cup of coffee in the NFL as opposed to a shot of espresso if he threw a harder, less catchable ball. Conversely, Sherbert’s drop problem has stopped in the NFL where receivers who drop too many passes have their couches repossessed.

Oregon’s drop problem has disappeared under Shough, too. But conversely, he’s likely to blow by Sherbert’s worst interception total at Oregon in half the games. It might be better if he threw a less catchable ball too.
    The reason VA never got more than a tiny European coffee cup in the NFL had nothing to do with his arm strength or the math questions on the Wonderlic. His velocity on throws at the combine is well within the range, and better than a lot of clipboard holders. A catchable pass doesn’t mean a slow one, it’s just one that gives the receiver a chance. The reason why Carrington was begging for Herbert over Montana Fruitcup during fall camp.

VA was never going to play in the NFL because here is the complete list of QBs at the combine who measured at Adams’ height or shorter in the 15 years before him: Russell Wilson, BJ Davis, Brad Banks. They all ran the 40 no slower than the 4.6s while VA was in the 4.8s. 99% percent of combine QBs have been taller than him, and the drafted ones around that height were very athletic. The NFL doesn’t waste much time on 5’10 QBs.

I do agree than in a 12 game season Shuck probably matches Herbert’s or Mariota’s career INT numbers.
  • Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
    lawsandl said:

ISM and Funa don’t even look like the same players.

It’s amazing. They were great last year. They look pretty slow and confused this year. We will likely see more of Ajax. With the surprisingly lackluster play of these two that were supposed to be the strength of our team the Flowe injury really hurts. He would be starting now right next to Sewell.

• Options
    DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

The reason VA never got more than a tiny European coffee cup in the NFL had nothing to do with his arm strength or the math questions on the Wonderlic. His velocity on throws at the combine is well within the range, and better than a lot of clipboard holders. A catchable pass doesn’t mean a slow one, it’s just one that gives the receiver a chance. The reason why Carrington was begging for Herbert over Montana Fruitcup during fall camp.

VA was never going to play in the NFL because here is the complete list of QBs at the combine who measured at Adams’ height or shorter in the 15 years before him: Russell Wilson, BJ Davis, Brad Banks. They all ran the 40 no slower than the 4.6s while VA was in the 4.8s. 99% percent of combine QBs have been taller than him, and the drafted ones around that height were very athletic. The NFL doesn’t waste much time on 5’10 QBs.

I do agree than in a 12 game season Shuck probably matches Herbert’s or Mariota’s career INT numbers.
    VAJ went to the Seahawks minicamp and got beat out by the midget from TCU. Height wasn't the problem. How his tools translated was. Also, for all the grief Dakota Prukop takes from Quooks, he's a good enough quarterback to still be earning a paycheck as the second-string QB for the other Canada City Roughriders. Shough is in a pretty similar situation.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2020

If Shough was this team's biggest problem, Oregon would be 4-0 with 4 blowout wins. Shough isn't great, but he's competent. He's much better than Prukop and Burmeister. The problems start and end with IDL. With better IDL play, this team is cruising to their date with UW. The coaching staff miscalculated and sacrificed size for speed, which blew up in their collective faces.

Positives:

WR play has improve greatly. And Devon Williams is a straight up baller. That kid can play.

OC Moorehead has improved this offense. We? we are putting up 40 points a game with a first year starting entire offensive line. Not easy to do.

Cons:

DT position is complete garbage. Jordon Scott should have stayed fat. He's more athletic, but is now getting blown off the ball.

RB are what I expected them to be...mediocre. Oregon doesn't have a true 3 down running back. The upcoming recruiting class doesn't either. They need a Royce Freeman type but a little tougher. Cyrus isn't the answer, because he isn't fast enough to do much in the second level.

DB's I give a pass since we lost both safeties and a starting corner due to opt-outs.

Cristobal: This season he is a con. In large part because he's the captain that was in charge of this horrible miscalculation. This team doesn't need SEC talent in the trenches. Give me Iowa, Michigan State, or Wisconsin type players in the trenches. These guys aren't super athletic, but they clog shit up for the line backers. Then let the talent you have on the edge and at LB to kick ass. Fix the DT position, and this Oregon team wins 10 games every season.