Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Pole Tim: You're highest level of football played

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    JuCo/Small College

Full disclosure, I only lasted a season + winter drills.

Here comes Mr Humblebrag
    Not all. I wasn’t good enough.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    JuCo/Small College
    Bonedog said:

WWCC 1988

Knew some guysm that played there around that tim.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    High School

Is there an option for “I was on the team” or “I played end and guard because I sat on the of end bench and guarded the water water bucket”?

Similar. I didn't even start as a Sr.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    None, I am coward
    None of you chumps played sports
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Janet Reno
    I once got to the highest division on Madden Ultimate Team
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    High School

Co-captain of a middling team in a non-football conference (WESCO 4A) in a non-football state. By virtue of being one of four seniors on the team... Right before the season started, our star player's (Stanford/Baltimore Ravens) mom was given a job by another school, so I suddenly had to fill his shoes at both positions. We had--no shit--13 full time varsity players, then a huge cliff down to the JV, so everyone played both ways and special teams except for the QB. In retrospect, I can't believe we were able to win any games at all.

My favorite part about TSIO is the coining of the phrase "try-hard," as you could not better describe me in high school. Every time I heard that on the pod, I'd chuckle and picture myself in high school: gym rat, real coach on the field, zero physical talent. We went from NFL guy at fullback/WIL linebacker to all 5'8" 160 lbs. of me! Fucking rad. I led the team in carries on offense and scored two TDs all season. 'Nuff said, FMFYFE.

Who?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Janet Reno
    1v1 my brother in the back yard with dad throwing the ball growing up but now I ball out on my friends Sunday afternoons in their stupid nfl jerseys

Side note. NFL fans know nothing about actually playing football
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    High School

Co-captain of a middling team in a non-football conference (WESCO 4A) in a non-football state. By virtue of being one of four seniors on the team... Right before the season started, our star player's (Stanford/Baltimore Ravens) mom was given a job by another school, so I suddenly had to fill his shoes at both positions. We had--no shit--13 full time varsity players, then a huge cliff down to the JV, so everyone played both ways and special teams except for the QB. In retrospect, I can't believe we were able to win any games at all.

My favorite part about TSIO is the coining of the phrase "try-hard," as you could not better describe me in high school. Every time I heard that on the pod, I'd chuckle and picture myself in high school: gym rat, real coach on the field, zero physical talent. We went from NFL guy at fullback/WIL linebacker to all 5'8" 160 lbs. of me! Fucking rad. I led the team in carries on offense and scored two TDs all season. 'Nuff said, FMFYFE.

Who?
    Sounds like Amon Gordon
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2020
    High School
    TommySQC said:

Who?
    Sounds like Amon Gordon
    Yes. Craziest part wasn't how huge and fast he was at a young age, but how far he could THROW! Over sixty yards effortlessly. They used to do fullback passes to him on his peewee team, and the coach had to yell at the receivers to keep running past the point of absurdity. The DBs would always stop, thinking it had to be a decoy. Then the ball would fly over their heads.
  • Options
    High School
    Doogles said:

I pulled a Psalm and respectfully declined football opportunities to pursue a rugby drinking career in Santa Barbara.

Del playa legend?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    High School

Doogles said:

I pulled a Psalm and respectfully declined football opportunities to pursue a rugby drinking career in Santa Barbara.

Del playa legend?
    Six five block DP homie
  • Options
    High School
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Del playa legend?
    Six five block DP homie
    Picasso rd. ese