Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fucking beat Oregon

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

HuskyJW said:

haie said:

What about 38-3 where Christo had to sit in the rain and watch his vaunted o line get destroyed?

I have never smoked more weed and talked more shit to their fans in my life.

Their coach was Willie T.
    Who was the O line/co OC coach?

Who was their head coach at the end of the year in Vegas?

You must be a dumb dumb. Clearly didn't graduate from UW.
    That was the game against Burmeister, lol.

You doog so hard.
    You must be an excuse farting fucking loser.
    It was on Cristobal that Oregon got 3 points when the qb couldn’t throw more than 5 yards.

Context is king.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

HuskyJW said:

haie said:

What about 38-3 where Christo had to sit in the rain and watch his vaunted o line get destroyed?

I have never smoked more weed and talked more shit to their fans in my life.

Their coach was Willie T.
    Who was the O line/co OC coach?

Who was their head coach at the end of the year in Vegas?

You must be a dumb dumb. Clearly didn't graduate from UW.
    That was the game against Burmeister, lol.

You doog so hard.
    You must be an excuse farting fucking loser.
    It was on Cristobal that Oregon got 3 points when the qb couldn’t throw more than 5 yards.

Context is king.
    You're commenting on a 38-3 game that set the punt return record.

You.are.a.fucking.loser.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

haie said:

haie said:

All my Ducktards neighbors are like who’s this new guy with the giant ass UW flag. I was smoking my @Swaye recommended cigar and talking lots of shit.

Walking around in Bend after 2018 season in all purple pub crawling for a week.

Tons of glares. None of the quooks said a word. The olds there were really friendly though and just wanted to have a beer and talk pac 12 football.
    Here’s a story where a guy left his place of stay expecting people in a small town to riot because he had a T-shirt on. Later he found out, when he actually spoke to them, that nobody gave a single fuck.

Welcome to planet Earth you fucking weirdo.

You're trying really hard lately.

pat pat
    We’re lucky @MikeSeaver drives traffic here at all.
    Lolz.

#irememberthattoo
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Big animebeav energy from @haie

There will obviously have to be an element of Oregon looking last beavlet, but Jefferson isn't to be taken lightly.

Probably a repeat of last year.
    Oregon isn’t going to overlook Beavis. Not with this staff and not with the performance yesterday. Y’all made Beavis look better than they are because of the gameplan and being a game behind.

Beavis was lucky to beat Cal who’s roster is completely gutted. They had to put three new OL out there yesterday and they still managed 27 points. They left two TDs on the table.

Also, we finally aren’t down two of our secondary for the first half.
    You literally did that last year.

Remember, they didn't have Luton in that game.

Didn't feel like they were lucky. Felt like Jefferson was a man and it was close and they made plays. Including Gebbia.
    So, Beavlett is good now?

That's a new one from you.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    In the Beavs, Oregon will probably be facing the best QB (somewhat debatable with the WSU kid, but he's not THAT great) and best RB they've faced all year.

That's going to be a defensive battle for the ages
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Never said he was. Early returns look promising

I know. Just goofing on your Terrorist post, which has become copy pasta form. At least for me.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I know. Just goofing on your Terrorist post, which has become copy pasta form. At least for me.
    edited November 2020

lawsandl said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

Big animebeav energy from @haie

There will obviously have to be an element of Oregon looking last beavlet, but Jefferson isn't to be taken lightly.

Probably a repeat of last year.
    Oregon isn’t going to overlook Beavis. Not with this staff and not with the performance yesterday. Y’all made Beavis look better than they are because of the gameplan and being a game behind.

Beavis was lucky to beat Cal who’s roster is completely gutted. They had to put three new OL out there yesterday and they still managed 27 points. They left two TDs on the table.

Also, we finally aren’t down two of our secondary for the first half.
    Of course you won't overlook OSU. I'm sure you yourself will send a DM to Mario telling him to be extra careful and not look past the rivalry game. JUST TO BE SAFE.

Great fucking take by the always useless @lawsandl
    I was responding to Haie. It wasn’t my hot take.

@creepycoug Sewell practiced today.

Oregon needs Hill to continue to progress and Stephens to come back from contact tracing and take over boundary safety.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gladstone said:

We all know cfb doesn’t work this way but the Oregon that played yesterday loses to the UW that played yesterday by three scores.

As a scarred millennial I’m sure we’ll get ravished by Covid or something and lose.

Jimmy needs a huge win for recruiting purposes, it would change a lot of things very rapidly. You know I’m right.

81% agree with you Gladdy.

A win over Oregon would help with recruiting, but I don’t think it will move needle too much.
    It would move the needle for our recruiting is what I meant. Oregon has a great recruiting staff and wouldn't slow down, that's not what I meant to say whoops.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

All my Ducktards neighbors are like who’s this new guy with the giant ass UW flag. I was smoking my @Swaye recommended cigar and talking lots of shit.

Walking around in Bend after 2018 season in all purple pub crawling for a week.

Tons of glares. None of the quooks said a word. The olds there were really friendly though and just wanted to have a beer and talk pac 12 football.
    I get lots of stares. It’s fun.

But you’re right, the old timey quooks are more fun to shoot the shit with than the youths.
    Less meth is key.
    Strong disagree
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

As for the game, I'd call it a UW lean based on what I've seen so far. Arizona looks bad, but then again, good teams ass rape bad teams. Right now, UW looks like the better team, which shouldn't shock too many people. Both teams lost some players, but based on memory alone Oregon lost more, including an entire position group. I

Oregon's D is not the same. I said losing Graham, who had really turned himself into a shut down corner and great tackler after being so bad as an underclassman, hurt. Losing Sewell at ILB will hurt. Still, there is a lot of talent on the roster, and so it depends on what they gain in the next two games and how they come out against UW.

Haven't seen enough of UW to be convinced they are a world beater yet. I've always said no fan gets more cocky in a shorter period of time based on less than a Husky. Christ when 70-21 happened it was like the prior 12 years, or whatever, had never occurred. Rightful place and USC respect and all that good stuff. Miami fans used to be a close second, but they've been fed a steady dose of reality now for the last many years. So there's that.

That all said, the idea that this is an "I told you so with Lake" is just amazing to me given recent history, even for doogs like BigErn. I assume when you? guys said let it play out, you didn't mean 2 games into this abortion of a season.

Jimmy is not elite. Lolz.

@backthepack

Odds are @creepycoug he is not elite. Iron laws are iron laws. But if he wins the Pac in a shitty abortion of a season he might might be at least Mario good.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

As for the game, I'd call it a UW lean based on what I've seen so far. Arizona looks bad, but then again, good teams ass rape bad teams. Right now, UW looks like the better team, which shouldn't shock too many people. Both teams lost some players, but based on memory alone Oregon lost more, including an entire position group. I

Oregon's D is not the same. I said losing Graham, who had really turned himself into a shut down corner and great tackler after being so bad as an underclassman, hurt. Losing Sewell at ILB will hurt. Still, there is a lot of talent on the roster, and so it depends on what they gain in the next two games and how they come out against UW.

Haven't seen enough of UW to be convinced they are a world beater yet. I've always said no fan gets more cocky in a shorter period of time based on less than a Husky. Christ when 70-21 happened it was like the prior 12 years, or whatever, had never occurred. Rightful place and USC respect and all that good stuff. Miami fans used to be a close second, but they've been fed a steady dose of reality now for the last many years. So there's that.

That all said, the idea that this is an "I told you so with Lake" is just amazing to me given recent history, even for doogs like BigErn. I assume when you? guys said let it play out, you didn't mean 2 games into this abortion of a season.

@backthepack

Odds are @creepycoug he is not elite. Iron laws are iron laws. But if he wins the Pac in a shitty abortion of a season he might might be at least Mario good.
    Mario had more to do than Jimmy. And Cristo is recruiting at a level never before seen at Oregon. Not even close.

Jimmy inherited an intact program benefiting from years of very good recruiting.

Different situations.

Jimmy is LIPO. That’s all.
    Mario got Herbert - who has shown in the NFL to be quite good, so while I mostly agree I’m not completely buying that narrative
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam

@backthepack

Mario had more to do than Jimmy. And Cristo is recruiting at a level never before seen at Oregon. Not even close.

Jimmy inherited an intact program benefiting from years of very good recruiting.

Different situations.

Here's what I want to know about Oregon/Cristobal:

Is Phil Knight paying off the networks to promote them? They're conference champs until they're not, I get that, so I'm fine with the preseason rankings, etc., but I've never seen a season where I turn on so many games and see commentators randomly bringing up a team not involved in the game and talking about how great they are. Each time, the timing and delivery seemed unnatural and weird.

"So Dan, how about that fourth quarter performance by Colorado in the third quarter?"

"Well Tom, I thought so'n'so is really getting his reads down and bringing a new dimension to that offense. Take this 2nd and 3 play here for instance. Watch how he reads that end--which reminds me: isn't Oregon just better than both these teams? I mean, aren't they just awesome? The uniforms, the energy Cristobal's bringing to that program. Definitely the class of the PAC-12. Now to focus-grouped attractive female sideline reporter for more on the state of Oregon's offensive line..."

It's not that what they're saying is entirely wrong, it's that I've watched parts of four or five conference games now, and every single one had one of these moments that seemed awkward and forced. Like either Oregon is buying the narrative or there's just something naturally in it for either the broadcasters or conference or college football in general. If it's intentional, I think Cristobal's greatest accomplishment to date at Oregon is rebuilding their brand to the point it's like it hasn't skipped a beat since Mariota/Chipster. Clearly SOMEBODY powerful is interested in nationally promoting the narrative that Oregon is clearly better than anybody in the conference. Which, again, may have made sense at some point, but it's awkward to keep seeing it after struggles against WSU and UCLA. It's awkward at this point for such a strong opinion about ANY team in this fucked up conference.

@backthepack

Different situations.

Mario got Herbert - who has shown in the NFL to be quite good, so while I mostly agree I’m not completely buying that narrative
    The offense is more efficient this year without Herbert. I shutter to think what Moorehead would do with Herbert, last year's oline and Breeland.

These past two games are glossing over the fact that Lake hired John Donavon. He was a terrible hire. The past two games are fool's gold and not sure that Utah will expose that.