Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Fucking beat Oregon

Comments

• lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

lawsandl said:

As for the game, I'd call it a UW lean based on what I've seen so far. Arizona looks bad, but then again, good teams ass rape bad teams. Right now, UW looks like the better team, which shouldn't shock too many people. Both teams lost some players, but based on memory alone Oregon lost more, including an entire position group. I

Oregon's D is not the same. I said losing Graham, who had really turned himself into a shut down corner and great tackler after being so bad as an underclassman, hurt. Losing Sewell at ILB will hurt. Still, there is a lot of talent on the roster, and so it depends on what they gain in the next two games and how they come out against UW.

Haven't seen enough of UW to be convinced they are a world beater yet. I've always said no fan gets more cocky in a shorter period of time based on less than a Husky. Christ when 70-21 happened it was like the prior 12 years, or whatever, had never occurred. Rightful place and USC respect and all that good stuff. Miami fans used to be a close second, but they've been fed a steady dose of reality now for the last many years. So there's that.

That all said, the idea that this is an "I told you so with Lake" is just amazing to me given recent history, even for doogs like BigErn. I assume when you? guys said let it play out, you didn't mean 2 games into this abortion of a season.

Jimmy is not elite. Lolz.

@backthepack

Odds are @creepycoug he is not elite. Iron laws are iron laws. But if he wins the Pac in a shitty abortion of a season he might might be at least Mario good.
    Mario had more to do than Jimmy. And Cristo is recruiting at a level never before seen at Oregon. Not even close.

Jimmy inherited an intact program benefiting from years of very good recruiting.

Different situations.

Jimmy is LIPO. That’s all.
    Mario got Herbert - who has shown in the NFL to be quite good, so while I mostly agree I’m not completely buying that narrative
    The offense is more efficient this year without Herbert. I shutter to think what Moorehead would do with Herbert, last year's oline and Breeland.

These past two games are glossing over the fact that Lake hired John Donavon. He was a terrible hire. The past two games are fool's gold and not sure that Utah will expose that.
    Shough has the most turnover worthy plays of any QB in the conference but doesn’t have a lot of turnovers, it’ll regress back to the mean and he’ll lose you a game.
    There's a lot more data on John Donavon than Shough. More often than not, if you're a below average coordinator, you stay a below average coordinator. Baseline talent will change the results.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020
    dtd said:

lawsandl said:

As for the game, I'd call it a UW lean based on what I've seen so far. Arizona looks bad, but then again, good teams ass rape bad teams. Right now, UW looks like the better team, which shouldn't shock too many people. Both teams lost some players, but based on memory alone Oregon lost more, including an entire position group. I

Oregon's D is not the same. I said losing Graham, who had really turned himself into a shut down corner and great tackler after being so bad as an underclassman, hurt. Losing Sewell at ILB will hurt. Still, there is a lot of talent on the roster, and so it depends on what they gain in the next two games and how they come out against UW.

Haven't seen enough of UW to be convinced they are a world beater yet. I've always said no fan gets more cocky in a shorter period of time based on less than a Husky. Christ when 70-21 happened it was like the prior 12 years, or whatever, had never occurred. Rightful place and USC respect and all that good stuff. Miami fans used to be a close second, but they've been fed a steady dose of reality now for the last many years. So there's that.

That all said, the idea that this is an "I told you so with Lake" is just amazing to me given recent history, even for doogs like BigErn. I assume when you? guys said let it play out, you didn't mean 2 games into this abortion of a season.

@backthepack

Odds are @creepycoug he is not elite. Iron laws are iron laws. But if he wins the Pac in a shitty abortion of a season he might might be at least Mario good.
    Mario had more to do than Jimmy. And Cristo is recruiting at a level never before seen at Oregon. Not even close.

Jimmy inherited an intact program benefiting from years of very good recruiting.

Different situations.

Mario got Herbert - who has shown in the NFL to be quite good, so while I mostly agree I’m not completely buying that narrative
    The offense is more efficient this year without Herbert. I shutter to think what Moorehead would do with Herbert, last year's oline and Breeland.

These past two games are glossing over the fact that Lake hired John Donavon. He was a terrible hire. The past two games are fool's gold and not sure that Utah will expose that.
    Shough has the most turnover worthy plays of any QB in the conference but doesn’t have a lot of turnovers, it’ll regress back to the mean and he’ll lose you a game.
    Stats? PFF I assume? Couldn't just be BTP bullshit.

If Shough throws a couple INTs and they lose, it will still be because of the defense.
    PFF, it’s why his raw numbers look good by PFF has him as QB6 in the PAC-12.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

Lolz. A fine analysis. Turnover worthy? New copy pasta.

What’s the term for a turnover that isn’t a turnover?
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

There's a lot more data on John Donavon than Shough. More often than not, if you're a below average coordinator, you stay a below average coordinator. Baseline talent will change the results.
    Ok. He’s using modern passing concepts, using heavy PA, and creating mismatches via formation. He’s doing everything right to stretch and stress a defense. He’s good so far. People can learn and adapt. Besides Franklin never gave Donovan full autonomy over his offense.

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

If Shough throws a couple INTs and they lose, it will still be because of the defense.
    Shough made a lot better decisions in the UCLA game but he allowed himself to take sacks as a result. You could see him pull back the ball. The next step in his maturation is learning to live to fight another down and not take the loss.

You can already see his progression.

• dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

They had Gebbia #2 last week.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

Translation. I’d like to see this play out.
    dtd said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

It’s cause he fried the cougs. He was shit against UW/Cal
    edited November 2020

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

I’m sure, it’s not a lot of data points but still concerning.

It’s not my take btw. PFF is usually good. They have the best football analysis services on the market place by a long shot.
    edited November 2020

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

Ok. He’s using modern passing concepts, using heavy PA, and creating mismatches via formation. He’s doing everything right to stretch and stress a defense. He’s good so far. People can learn and adapt. Besides Franklin never gave Donovan full autonomy over his offense.

dtd said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

There was not one DB that could cover in man besides Wallace. Arizona couldn't keep the lid on their defense. Oregon State doesn't have a DT that is over 280 pounds and they're not good. There are two players to scheme around with Oregon State. Those are two of the worse recruiters in the league that lost integral players.

Everyone has a great philosophy until they get punched in the mouth. Let's wait and see Donovan after he plays someone that can field both an average DL and secondary.
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

dtd said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

There was not one DB that could cover in man besides Wallace. Arizona couldn't keep the lid on their defense. Oregon State doesn't have a DT that is over 280 pounds and they're not good. There are two players to scheme around with Oregon State. Those are two of the worse recruiters in the league that lost integral players.

Everyone has a great philosophy until they get punched in the mouth. Let's wait and see Donovan after he plays someone that can field both an average DL and secondary.
    Looking at process>>> arguing semantics
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

It’s not my take btw. PFF is usually good. They have the best football analysis services on the market place by a long shot.
    You'd jizz to death for a first year starter QB with a 170 something QBR at 10 ypa after 3 conference games.

If only those 2 passes had been intercepted Oregon would still be 3-0.
    edited November 2020
    dtd said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

You'd jizz to death for a first year starter QB with a 170 something QBR at 10 ypa after 3 conference games.

I feel like we are seeing the emergence of Devon Williams too. His body control at 6'5" is elite. Oregon finally has a legit two deep at receiver.

Now they just need to integrate Cam McCormick and Spencer Webb. The offense is a nightmare with how these backs can catch the ball.

Standard Supporter
    lawsandl said:

dtd said:

dtd said:

lawsandl said:

@backthepack

Different situations.

Now they just need to integrate Cam McCormick

It still amazes me that the Ducks on this bored don't understand that this isn't dawgman

HH: "we suck until we don't. Did you know you could practice oral on a cantoloupe?"

Duck: "I've done some advanced metrics and the Ducks are really gonna take off once Cam McCormick gets his reads down. You guys have no chance. Argue with me about it."

Did anyone catch that I said Webb and McCormick? I just am excited about full available for TEs.

I walked into that one since McCormick is the greatest TE to never play.

Also, I know this place isn’t Dawgman.
  • SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Cristobal is Rick Neuheisel until he isn't

Scoreboard baby