Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Worst offensive play calling in a decade

124»

Comments

• rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,010
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    s&p+'s final 19 rankings had us? #16. a fuckin 8-5 corpse of a football team with bullshit losses to colorado who was 81st and stanford who was 88.

should have hung a banner for being top 20 in the analytics rankings imo.

fucking analytics, dont show me the stats, show me what i did or need to do to achieve those stats, this is subtle but grossly glossed over in the realm of football analytics.
  • NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    23, 25, and 28 yard FG attempts says they still struggle to finish.

Even 2/3 of UW's touchdowns came on their RBs breaking their longest runs of the night.

Basically, while it's only one gayme, so far I like the offense a lot more outside of the 10 than near the goal line.

Hopefully they improve. EWIWBI
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I honestly don’t get the people freaking out at all.

They had a conservative run first game plan in a game with shitty weather and a completely new QB. It worked. If special teams doesn’t spot the beavs 10 points we aren’t even having this discussion.

And for all of the hand wringing about the defense they gave up 14 points. There clearly is stuff to improve on but I don’t think anyone was under the impression this was anything other than a transition year.

See now I wrote basically the same thing but was downvoted to oblivion and yet you are upvoted to eternity.

It is the way
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I honestly don’t get the people freaking out at all.

They had a conservative run first game plan in a game with shitty weather and a completely new QB. It worked. If special teams doesn’t spot the beavs 10 points we aren’t even having this discussion.

And for all of the hand wringing about the defense they gave up 14 points. There clearly is stuff to improve on but I don’t think anyone was under the impression this was anything other than a transition year.

See now I wrote basically the same thing but was downvoted to oblivion and yet you are upvoted to eternity.

It is the way
    So say we all.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I thought we wanted to take advantage of our size and talent and just fuck up little brother programs by running it down their throats.

I was ok with that game plan for this game.

Still think we are probably doomed don't twist. We beat boovers at home by 6.
  • CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,047
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    That was pretty awesome football to watch. Personal preference obviously but you do not see a ground game like that very often and UW looked like they didn't even execute that well.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

WTF ... an offensive scheme from 1992 .... Donovan is a total POS - way under qualified. What an ass