Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Morris looks fine to me

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Morris is an issue because apparently he is the best QB we have and our offense is absolutely terrified to throw the ball. You don't have to analyze every throw, the gameplan tells you all you need to know.

Your point is well taken ... but do you think that asking Morris to make a ton of throws is the best strategy for this team right now?
    If your only goal is to not completely fuck up against Oregon State, then sure I guess. But if that's the best you can do then you aren't going anywhere, and we might as well lock in our 4th place in the north trophy.
    It’s really common sense. This midget noodle isn’t good enough, play the high ceiling guy.
    Christ... Did I miss the BTP apology to Morris thread this weekend?
    DDY approves of Morris now so BTP is in the clear to like him too.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I'll start worrying more the first time Morris sacks himself, a la Brownsox.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,609
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Plus he's accurate while rolling out/scrambling.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

In two games, he appears to be our? most composed pocket QB in a long tim.

He moves around in the pocket well. That’s something that QB’s either have or they don’t. They rarely get markedly better at it.
    I just hope they don’t try to teach him spinning in to defenders Pete did with brownsox
  • Options

FireCohen said:

He moves around in the pocket well. That’s something that QB’s either have or they don’t. They rarely get markedly better at it.
    I just hope they don’t try to teach him spinning in to defenders Pete did with brownsox
    Morris hasn’t really had a game where he has been under real pressure for the duration, but the early returns that he looks calm in the pocket and makes good decisions on the fly are encouraging albeit with a limited sample size. So far definitely better on those fronts than his two predecessors.
    Huff is proving to be a decent coach or just recruited well. Can’t tell yet, given the OL is fucking massive. Would be nice to see them play a USC or something
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Morris hasn’t really had a game where he has been under real pressure for the duration, but the early returns that he looks calm in the pocket and makes good decisions on the fly are encouraging albeit with a limited sample size. So far definitely better on those fronts than his two predecessors.
    Huff is proving to be a decent coach or just recruited well. Can’t tell yet, given the OL is fucking massive. Would be nice to see them play a USC or something
    Huff is position coach of the year so far. His unit is balling, and they're not super old/experienced. Really encouraging going forward.
    Yes. a very pleasant surprise. The OL has been very solid. I have been a critic of Huff's ability to get his players on the same page but they look pretty damn good so far. No weak spot across the line.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Yea I’ve been going back and forth between dooging pretty hard for them and then being like it’s the boovs and Zona you idiot to myself. I guess you could say that about the whole team in general.
  • Options

FireCohen said:

He won’t be, these boys up front are the best we’ve had in a long long time.

• Options
    dnc said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

Huff is position coach of the year so far. His unit is balling, and they're not super old/experienced. Really encouraging going forward.
    Recruit and develop. Huff fucks.
  • Options

chuck said:

FireCohen said:

FireCohen said:

An Oline this big that can also run, pull, and handle speed rushers = good recruiting. It looks like the coaching us catching up too though. One big improvement I've seen, though the red zone struggles obscure it a bit, is that UW has been able to consistently get positive yards against stacked boxes on obvious running downs. We're not seeing many of the plays I've come to expect where the backfield is flooded with the wrong color jerseys and the play is dead before the RB gets the ball. Every play isn't going for 4+ yards, but almost all of them are going forward. Thats a big improvement in itself.
    When I watched the highlights we were doing kind of shitty when we pulled. Ale has a hard time getting there quick enough.
    Glad he is getting some action, was worried he was going to be a bust, but looks like he is developing