Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Morris looks fine to me

Comments

• Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    betadawg said:

betadawg said:

If that looks "fine" to you... I'm at a loss. Freshman Jake Browning was trusted more to throw the football than Morris.

I have a hard time believing Sirmon would have looked worse.

Lol we threw the ball 3 times in the second half and before that Morris had 4 passes dropped plus 2 deflections at the line of scrimage. He could very well suck bad, but we simply do not have enough of a sample size. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous you can't judge him off of 24 throws when 4 of them were drops.
    I was genuinely hoping we'd see drives from both Sirmon and Morris. Feels like a robbery that we didn't.
    Again why would we see drives from Sirmon when Morris did nothing wrong?? Makes 0 sense.
    When has "did nothing wrong" become the standard?

How about coming out and playing like a fkn stud that plays for a feature P5 program?

Can that not be the standard?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,806
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

If that looks "fine" to you... I'm at a loss. Freshman Jake Browning was trusted more to throw the football than Morris.

Lol we threw the ball 3 times in the second half and before that Morris had 4 passes dropped plus 2 deflections at the line of scrimage. He could very well suck bad, but we simply do not have enough of a sample size. To suggest otherwise is ridiculous you can't judge him off of 24 throws when 4 of them were drops.
    I was genuinely hoping we'd see drives from both Sirmon and Morris. Feels like a robbery that we didn't.
    Again why would we see drives from Sirmon when Morris did nothing wrong?? Makes 0 sense.
    When has "did nothing wrong" become the standard?

How about coming out and playing like a fkn stud that plays for a feature P5 program?

Can that not be the standard?
    This a doog board my friend, they’ve become exactly what they used to make fun of. No standard coug loser motherfuckers.
  • Options
    HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,160
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    For a RS Freshman playing his first collegiate game as a starter against a PAC-12 opponent on a rainy November Saturday, I wouldn't shit on him with the win.

Morris didn't make too many mistakes and I was mostly surprised and impressed with his poise in the pocket -- he looked calm and comfortable in the pocket than our previous three QB's.

With that said, the midget needs to get better soon or we are doomed as our D don't look like they'll be able to win us games this season.

How about them receivers what the fuck is wrong with all of them.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

betadawg said:

That may have happened if Bobby Greggy didn’t Greg the bed at the start of the game.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Yeah, Morris wasn't the problem today. Missed FG, Blocked Punt, endzone drops by WRs...

Neither offense or defense played great, but that game could have been a 14 point win for UW.
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    Morris is an issue because apparently he is the best QB we have and our offense is absolutely terrified to throw the ball. You don't have to analyze every throw, the gameplan tells you all you need to know.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I'm more worried that our wrs couldn't catch a cold. Plus, did we forget that Otten is a good TE?
  • Options
    Since when has “fine” become the standard? Fuck off
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Morris is an issue because apparently he is the best QB we have and our offense is absolutely terrified to throw the ball. You don't have to analyze every throw, the gameplan tells you all you need to know.

Your point is well taken ... but do you think that asking Morris to make a ton of throws is the best strategy for this team right now?
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,298
    Tequilla said:

Your point is well taken ... but do you think that asking Morris to make a ton of throws is the best strategy for this team right now?
    If your only goal is to not completely fuck up against Oregon State, then sure I guess. But if that's the best you can do then you aren't going anywhere, and we might as well lock in our 4th place in the north trophy.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

If your only goal is to not completely fuck up against Oregon State, then sure I guess. But if that's the best you can do then you aren't going anywhere, and we might as well lock in our 4th place in the north trophy.
    It’s really common sense. This midget noodle isn’t good enough, play the high ceiling guy.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

It’s really common sense. This midget noodle isn’t good enough, play the high ceiling guy.
    Common sense is anything but common.
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Christ... Did I miss the BTP apology to Morris thread this weekend?
    What? Someone not taking responsibility for their fucktarded actions? Sounds like the America I know and used to love.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Christ... Did I miss the BTP apology to Morris thread this weekend?
    No. He's just pretending it never happened.
    I’ve been slurping Morris in every thread this week #TeamDMO