Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Covid19 testing is bullshit

Comments

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club

dnc said:

So I finally know of someone that tested positive. A friend of our son flew to New Orleans for a funeral with his cousin who had tested positive but didn't mention that. The entire planeload of passengers died

Not really, the friend came back and tested positive and his wife tested negative and and the guy went into quarantine

Nobody actually had any symptoms.

That's crazy. I've lost track of how many people I know who have had it, well over 30 by now. A couple very serious hospitalizations. No deaths thankfully.
    I know no one within one degree that has tested positive. Closest would be a classmate of my daughter in March.
    I'm with Grundle here and I know and converse with a shit ton of people; still nobody within 1 degree.

So DNC, how many of the people who have or had the VID displayed symptoms? Of those, how many were serious and required hospitalization?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,948 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So I finally know of someone that tested positive. A friend of our son flew to New Orleans for a funeral with his cousin who had tested positive but didn't mention that. The entire planeload of passengers died

Not really, the friend came back and tested positive and his wife tested negative and and the guy went into quarantine

That's crazy. I've lost track of how many people I know who have had it, well over 30 by now. A couple very serious hospitalizations. No deaths thankfully.
    I know no one within one degree that has tested positive. Closest would be a classmate of my daughter in March.
    Maybe the draconian measures in the West have actually reduced chinfections compared to this part of the world, I dunno. But they are stacking positives out here like cord wood, fo sho.
    MS ain't necessarily the healthiest state to begin with.
    I'm gonna wait on @PurpleThrobber to chime in with co-ed pics before I make a decision on this statement.
    One of the MILFs on my street in Mayberry went to Ol Miss. Can confirm.
    PICS OR GTFO
    Cum to Mayberry @Swaye . We'll will smoke 'em heap 'um peace cigars among the rich, spinner MILFs. Pack 'em hatchet for Biden Bro scalps...
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    If you remove testing from the thread title, it still works. Who knew?
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Maybe the draconian measures in the West have actually reduced chinfections compared to this part of the world, I dunno. But they are stacking positives out here like cord wood, fo sho.
    Stacking positives but how many are actually false-positive? How many were severely ill? I'll say it again, people fucking die and it's tragic weather it's from a car accident, heart attack, cancer, the regular flu or the common cold. I just don't believe the VID 100% by itself is indiscriminately killing people. If it were, total death counts across the planet would be significantly higher in 2020 over the last 5 years.

Fun fact about Covid. If you test postitive your friends and family will treat you like you just got diagnosed with terminal cancer.

I PRAYIG FUR KUNT

dnc said:

dnc said:

I'm gonna wait on @PurpleThrobber to chime in with co-ed pics before I make a decision on this statement.
    How many MILFs are on your street?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3qYPGeoA7w&feature=emb_title

Looks pretty healthy to me.

Multiple woods.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited November 2020
    RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

I'm with Grundle here and I know and converse with a shit ton of people; still nobody within 1 degree.

So DNC, how many of the people who have or had the VID displayed symptoms? Of those, how many were serious and required hospitalization?
    The majority (81% or so) had symptoms. Most of them mild (no taste, no smell, mild cough or fever). A few had pretty severe symptoms for a few days. Only three or four hospitalizations, the worst one was in ICU for I think 12 days. Early on they thought he was going to die, thankfully that was not the case.

As @YellowSnow alluded to we have a much higher rate of preexisting conditions down here (and much higher rate of African Americans). I think the media has oversold it but I do think caution is advisable, especially in this context.
    RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Seven give or take on my block.

RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Does that count @MrsYella
  • EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,905 Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

The majority (81% or so) had symptoms. Most of them mild (no taste, no smell, mild cough or fever). A few had pretty severe symptoms for a few days. Only three or four hospitalizations, the worst one was in ICU for I think 12 days. Early on they thought he was going to die, thankfully that was not the case.

As @YellowSnow alluded to we have a much higher rate of preexisting conditions down here (and much higher rate of African Americans). I think the media has oversold it but I do think caution is advisable, especially in this context.
    Are you implying that the COVID is rayciss? Must have been Trump’s fault, if true.

dnc said:

RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

Are you implying that the COVID is rayciss? Must have been Trump’s fault, if true.
    I'm surprised you're surprised the Chinese Flu would have it out for black people.
    dnc said:

RoadTrip said:

dnc said:

There's no question the media have fear factored the shit out of it. My little brother is one of most paranoid corona bros in the country and its really sad. ATBSJBS, I sure is shit would not want to be @CFetters_Nacho_Lover right now during Covid. It's not a hoax for a lot folks.

I still don’t know a single person that has gotten it. Had a couple friends talk about being pretty sick in January/Februrary that think they probably had it, but had no way of knowing.

We've definitely had a lot of 2 degrees of separation contact. Every day I dread getting the email about school or day care getting shut done.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam

Six within one degree. Four at my store, my wife’s uncle and a lady who used to work at my store caught it on a flight to or from Georgia. One of the guys who got it never passed it to his wife who slept in the same bed as him for his two week quarantine. The wide ranging symptoms, the false positives and the tornado like ability for this thing to strike at random is so odd. I just close my eyes, bite my pillow and wait for this thing to fuck me again. Truly a gift that keeps on giving.

What's your address?