Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Magic Shrooms now legal in Oregon

13»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    Sledog said:

Crack is equal to or worse than meth because they need it far more often. Average number of uses to addiction is 1. I dealt with this shit for almost 30 years. Most of the ones that cleaned up did it in jail. If they managed not to do serious jail time they died from it. Heroin too. Takes a lot longer to kill unless one of the nasty diseases from needles gets ya. Angel dust? Holy shit that stuff is bad news. It's all bad news. Legal weed has spawned an entire new crime industry around itself.

Crack hasn’t been a thing for 20 years.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

Sledog said:

Crack is equal to or worse than meth because they need it far more often. Average number of uses to addiction is 1. I dealt with this shit for almost 30 years. Most of the ones that cleaned up did it in jail. If they managed not to do serious jail time they died from it. Heroin too. Takes a lot longer to kill unless one of the nasty diseases from needles gets ya. Angel dust? Holy shit that stuff is bad news. It's all bad news. Legal weed has spawned an entire new crime industry around itself.

Stop by the hood.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Kaepsknee said:

Sledog said:

Tell that to hunter Biden, mister. On one of his laptop videos, he talks of chewing a crack rock with Trident gum and having a numb mouth for a week. He’s truly hardcore.

I was sitting on surveillance on Compton and watched a pimp get a big rock and was splitting it up with the girls. One grabbed a bigger chunk and he was slapping her around some. Hilarious. Not as good as as the dusters we'd call in the LA Sheriffs and watch the show! As my first FTO told me long ago "all these people out here are here for our entertainment" He had that right.
    edited November 2020
    Sledog said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sledog said:

Stop by the hood.
    Been there. There isn’t crack anymore. It’s pretty much all meth with a sprinkle of cocaine and a whole lot of heroin.

Pain killers have gotten their guys in there as well and this new law allows possession of 40 or more. They’ve ruined just as many families and small towns as the above drugs.

It was a Federal crime to possess oxy and such before this law without prescription. Now it’s a $100 fine or counseling. Look for most to take the counseling and not show up.

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

I generally don’t think Oregonians make good governing decisions, but they nailed this. As usual the west coast is ahead of the curve.

Noted idealogue weighs in. This was not the time to push this through. Once the eviction moratorium expires Jan 1st, there will be thousands more on the streets in Oregon.

Normalizing usage of highly addictive drugs like meth, Coke, heroin and oxy will destroy current solvent families and put more on the street in addition. Clearly you haven’t spent much time in our Cities on the West Coast other than the ‘Burbs to truly believe this is a good idea.

Property crimes, burglaries and home invasions will explode. Most property crimes now aren’t prosecuted and burglary suspects are mostly released on OR to never show up in court.

Believe the people that say they wish to see it all burn down.
    Why would burglaries and home invasions explode? Addicts that do that type of shit aren’t worried whether the drugs are decriminalized or not. They just want their fix.

I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or not. I’ll leave that to others but thinking this will create more crime is pretty stupid.

bUT tHE WaR oN dRuGs!!!

The battle cry for every millennial that watches a shitty Vice documentary.

Guess what happens when demand becomes more than supply. The suppliers ramp up their efforts. And then you end up with more addicts. When you have more addicts, you have more crime. Crimes that currently are rarely prosecuted. In Portland proper, crime is already up almost 200% for the year. It has little to do with riot crimes as few of those are prosecuted. It has more to do with the pandemic and the Economic carnage caused.

If you're OK with innocents suffering more due to dimestore Policy, just say that. And these faery tail rehab centers that don’t exist, never will. As Marijuana receipts aren’t close enough to fund them.

Bit of a reply fail as I meant to reply to both you and The Marshall
    But but but but LAW & ORDER!!!!!! Somewhere out there are lonely pearls that need clutching.
    I know. Being concerned for already at risk families and people who can’t protect their own properties because they still work outside their home is such populist drivel.
    Kaepsknee said:

Sledog said:

Kaepsknee said:

Sledog said:

Stop by the hood.
    Been there. There isn’t crack anymore. It’s pretty much all meth with a sprinkle of cocaine and a whole lot of heroin.

Pain killers have gotten their guys in there as well and this new law allows possession of 40 or more. They’ve ruined just as many families and small towns as the above drugs.

It was a Federal crime to possess oxy and such before this law without prescription. Now it’s a $100 fine or counseling. Look for most to take the counseling and not show up.
    Self fact check. It wasn’t a Fed crime to possess pain killers without a script. But a Felony.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    I feel pretty confident that I'm the superiority guy of this thread. Long story short I'll just say don't expect there to be much of a change in drug related crimes or usage. This won't embolden anyone to take up heroin, nor will it make a meth user start buying 2g at a time instead of a ball or quarter.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,985
    Heroin and meth use have been tolerated by city officials in Portland and Seattle for the last 5 years or so and that has worked out great. Expect a big uptick in use from addicts wandering in from out of state to take advantage of being able to shoot drugs into their arms and then go out and shit themselves in front of Pioneer Place. Then there’s all the ancillary crime that this brings so you’ll see a big surge in that. Good job Portland.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163
    Sledog said:

I was sitting on surveillance on Compton and watched a pimp get a big rock and was splitting it up with the girls. One grabbed a bigger chunk and he was slapping her around some. Hilarious. Not as good as as the dusters we'd call in the LA Sheriffs and watch the show! As my first FTO told me long ago "all these people out here are here for our entertainment" He had that right.

This isn't the 80s anymore you senile dipshit.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    edited November 2020
    thechatch said:

Heroin and meth use have been tolerated by city officials in Portland and Seattle for the last 5 years or so and that has worked out great. Expect a big uptick in use from addicts wandering in from out of state to take advantage of being able to shoot drugs into their arms and then go out and shit themselves in front of Pioneer Place. Then there’s all the ancillary crime that this brings so you’ll see a big surge in that. Good job Portland.

Portland and Seattle are beyond hope for many reasons. If it's statewide, then people won't flock as much to insert ultra liberal commie city here. We have double the amount of people in prison than we should. It's become a racket. Invest some of the 45 year failed War on Drug money and private for profit prison $ into rehab, job training, and infrastructure.

I would have voted for this one in WA.

Everyone fancies themselves a Libertarian until their windows get busted out and their shit is stolen.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

I would have voted for this one in WA.

Everyone fancies themselves a Libertarian until their windows get busted out and their shit is stolen.
    Already happened to me. Skylight actually.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    Decriminalization will obviously help these productive members of society. They are released immediately because the police and DA doesn’t want to deal with the withdrawals if they get incarcerated.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

I generally don’t think Oregonians make good governing decisions, but they nailed this. As usual the west coast is ahead of the curve.

Noted idealogue weighs in. This was not the time to push this through. Once the eviction moratorium expires Jan 1st, there will be thousands more on the streets in Oregon.

Normalizing usage of highly addictive drugs like meth, Coke, heroin and oxy will destroy current solvent families and put more on the street in addition. Clearly you haven’t spent much time in our Cities on the West Coast other than the ‘Burbs to truly believe this is a good idea.

Property crimes, burglaries and home invasions will explode. Most property crimes now aren’t prosecuted and burglary suspects are mostly released on OR to never show up in court.

Believe the people that say they wish to see it all burn down.
    Why would burglaries and home invasions explode? Addicts that do that type of shit aren’t worried whether the drugs are decriminalized or not. They just want their fix.

I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or not. I’ll leave that to others but thinking this will create more crime is pretty stupid.

bUT tHE WaR oN dRuGs!!!

The battle cry for every millennial that watches a shitty Vice documentary.

Guess what happens when demand becomes more than supply. The suppliers ramp up their efforts. And then you end up with more addicts. When you have more addicts, you have more crime. Crimes that currently are rarely prosecuted. In Portland proper, crime is already up almost 200% for the year. It has little to do with riot crimes as few of those are prosecuted. It has more to do with the pandemic and the Economic carnage caused.

If you're OK with innocents suffering more due to dimestore Policy, just say that. And these faery tail rehab centers that don’t exist, never will. As Marijuana receipts aren’t close enough to fund them.

Bit of a reply fail as I meant to reply to both you and The Marshall
    Addict levels remain the same no matter the laws.
    Poont of clarity, laws on the books allowing synthetic opiods to be promoted are exactly what caused the new opioid epidemic.

Crack is still a thing too btw. I could score some right now if I wanted. Meth is definitely more popular though.

Decriminalization will obviously help these productive members of society. They are released immediately because the police and DA doesn’t want to deal with the withdrawals if they get incarcerated.

Fuck these purple are ugly! No wonder they're so angry. Net Any of those chicks could whip GED Dawgs ass