Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Magic Shrooms now legal in Oregon

NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
Makes the roads a lot safer.

Meth, heroin, and cocaine for personal use also decriminalized.

What a disaster of a state I live in.

https://apnews.com/article/election-2020-elections-oregon-01edca37c776c9ea8bfd4afdd7a7a33e

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844
    This will wreak absolute havoc in the small towns around Oregon. In Portland this is just confirming what’s already being allowed. Many of these small towns have no police already anyway. And are economically depressed. At least the ones that didn’t burn down 2 months ago. Look for addiction to meth and heroine to reach epidemic proportions in the next year or two. There’s not nearly enough money saved in jail space and marijuana taxes to provide even a 1/10 of what rehab facilities would need to serve the new addicts.

Look for Eastern WA and Idaho real estate values to spike at unprecedented levels.
  • DuckwithaboneDuckwithabone Member Posts: 272
    I generally don’t think Oregonians make good governing decisions, but they nailed this. As usual the west coast is ahead of the curve.

I generally don’t think Oregonians make good governing decisions, but they nailed this. As usual the west coast is ahead of the curve.

Noted idealogue weighs in. This was not the time to push this through. Once the eviction moratorium expires Jan 1st, there will be thousands more on the streets in Oregon.

Normalizing usage of highly addictive drugs like meth, Coke, heroin and oxy will destroy current solvent families and put more on the street in addition. Clearly you haven’t spent much time in our Cities on the West Coast other than the ‘Burbs to truly believe this is a good idea.

Property crimes, burglaries and home invasions will explode. Most property crimes now aren’t prosecuted and burglary suspects are mostly released on OR to never show up in court.

Believe the people that say they wish to see it all burn down.
    Nothing is legalized except medical/clinical use of shrooms. No the usage isn’t getting normalized and the amounts won’t skyrocket. It’s still illegal to produce or sell all of these substances. The “bad hombres” will still get busted. But now the much more harmless users will be let go, and hopefully as time goes on directed to a rehab. But now they won’t be wasting police time and tax payer dollars. If these users break a law, as in b&e or a violent crime, then they still get dealt with as criminals. But now simply walking around with one of these substances by itself won’t be a reason to waste a cop’s time or the limited jail space that exists in some of these west coast cities that I have spent plenty of time in and am very aware of the drug problems. The problem has only gotten worse. It’s time to change our approach. This is level-headed thinking.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,104 Standard Supporter
    Yeah dope flooding the streets is a good thing. Holy Shit people are stupid!
    It’s a hundred fine or a pledge to attend rehab at a facility that doesn’t exist. They have all been decriminalized.
    Decriminalizing doesn’t equal legalizing.
    In no way does this somehow mean “dope” will flood the street.

Like burning down Portland isn't a crime crime?
    Sledog said:

Like burning down Portland isn't a crime crime?
    Not entirely sure what that means but yes arson is a crime.

• What a disaster of a state I live in.

Feel free to move.

Mississippi is probably more your speed.

Found the guy who doesn’t know the difference between a crime and an infraction.

https://katu.com/news/local/protests-marches-planned-in-portland-as-election-results-tallied-wednesday

Now that the election is over, Kate finally uses the National Guard as a tool to quell the riots.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club
    Kaepsknee said:

Noted idealogue weighs in. This was not the time to push this through. Once the eviction moratorium expires Jan 1st, there will be thousands more on the streets in Oregon.

Normalizing usage of highly addictive drugs like meth, Coke, heroin and oxy will destroy current solvent families and put more on the street in addition. Clearly you haven’t spent much time in our Cities on the West Coast other than the ‘Burbs to truly believe this is a good idea.

Property crimes, burglaries and home invasions will explode. Most property crimes now aren’t prosecuted and burglary suspects are mostly released on OR to never show up in court.

No, it won't. The same amount of junkies will exist. The war on drugs is retarded and a colossal waste of time and money. Bust big dealers and focus on rehab and prevention.
    edited November 2020

Kaepsknee said:

Why would burglaries and home invasions explode? Addicts that do that type of shit aren’t worried whether the drugs are decriminalized or not. They just want their fix.

I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or not. I’ll leave that to others but thinking this will create more crime is pretty stupid.

bUT tHE WaR oN dRuGs!!!

The battle cry for every millennial that watches a shitty Vice documentary.

Guess what happens when demand becomes more than supply. The suppliers ramp up their efforts. And then you end up with more addicts. When you have more addicts, you have more crime. Crimes that currently are rarely prosecuted. In Portland proper, crime is already up almost 200% for the year. It has little to do with riot crimes as few of those are prosecuted. It has more to do with the pandemic and the Economic carnage caused.

If you're OK with innocents suffering more due to dimestore Policy, just say that. And these faery tail rehab centers that don’t exist, never will. As Marijuana receipts aren’t close enough to fund them.

Bit of a reply fail as I meant to reply to both you and The Marshall
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156
    Hopefully this encourages the homeless junkies of Greater-Seattle to move south to Portland.
    If you build it they will come!

What a bunch of morons!
    Kaepsknee said:

Kaepsknee said:

Why would burglaries and home invasions explode? Addicts that do that type of shit aren’t worried whether the drugs are decriminalized or not. They just want their fix.

I’m not sure if it’s a good thing or not. I’ll leave that to others but thinking this will create more crime is pretty stupid.

bUT tHE WaR oN dRuGs!!!

The battle cry for every millennial that watches a shitty Vice documentary.

Guess what happens when demand becomes more than supply. The suppliers ramp up their efforts. And then you end up with more addicts. When you have more addicts, you have more crime. Crimes that currently are rarely prosecuted. In Portland proper, crime is already up almost 200% for the year. It has little to do with riot crimes as few of those are prosecuted. It has more to do with the pandemic and the Economic carnage caused.

If you're OK with innocents suffering more due to dimestore Policy, just say that. And these faery tail rehab centers that don’t exist, never will. As Marijuana receipts aren’t close enough to fund them.

Bit of a reply fail as I meant to reply to both you and The Marshall
    But but but but LAW & ORDER!!!!!! Somewhere out there are lonely pearls that need clutching.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    I would have voted for this one in WA.