Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bust a Kaep!

Comments

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

That poll needed an option for The Field badly. I'll take either of the remaining AFC quarterbacks.

Not either... just Brady.
    Peyton isn't choking this year. He knows it might be his last chance.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

That poll needed an option for The Field badly. I'll take either of the remaining AFC quarterbacks.

So your argument is that the guy who sucks under pressure is going to rise to the occasion when there's more pressure than ever before?

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Pete Carroll is the head coach and in a windstorm when your defense is playing great he's not going to let Bevell go all Sarktarded. Of course it was conservative. They won too.

The offense has been sputtering for a month. Wilson was Locker-inaccurate on Saturday on those slant routes.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

So your argument is that the guy who sucks under pressure is going to rise to the occasion when there's more pressure than ever before?

Yes, and it helps when you are playing at home with two good running backs.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Pete Carroll is the head coach and in a windstorm when your defense is playing great he's not going to let Bevell go all Sarktarded. Of course it was conservative. They won too.

Race does it again!
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Bob_C said:

People blaming the OC is kind of a cop out IMO. Just guessing, but I'd imagine that the play calling hasn't changed all that much over the course of the season. All the plays when they were made were outside of the regular offense anyways, Wilson just isn't making them as frequently as he once did.

This is the NFL. If you aren't evolving as the season goes on, you're falling behind.

That's on the coaches.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Wake me when Peyton does something more than survive against a team that needed a metric shitton of luck just to make the playoffs.
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,898
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club

Bob_C said:

People blaming the OC is kind of a cop out IMO. Just guessing, but I'd imagine that the play calling hasn't changed all that much over the course of the season. All the plays when they were made were outside of the regular offense anyways, Wilson just isn't making them as frequently as he once did.

This is the NFL. If you aren't evolving as the season goes on, you're falling behind.

That's on the coaches.
    Agree to a certain extent... But the difference here is that Wilson has never really made a lot of plays or great throws within the general framework of the offense. It's always been after things breakdown.

When he stops making the improvised plays like he has it shines a light on the roach of an offense that is Seattle.

So Bevell is exactly who is has been from the beginning, and was on Minnesota, a pretty average or below average coordinator. The only variable that has seemingly change is Wilson not making as many plays on the move.

Wilson was kind of always this shitty in the pocket, just like everyone thought he was going to be. It's the other stuff not happening though that is what is going to cost them.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Wake me when Peyton does something more than survive against a team that needed a metric shitton of luck just to make the playoffs.
    You need to see another championship?
  • Options
    Bob_CBob_C Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,898
    Photogenic First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Founders Club
    He probably should have won like 3 in that 2005 - 2008 window. Indy had homefield like 3 times and lost to some pretty mediocre teams at home.
  • Options
    doogsinparadisedoogsinparadise Member Posts: 9,320
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Passion said:

They're both incredible athletes. Wilson has a great attitude, excellent work ethic, and a more likable personality. I voted for him. But, I wish the Seahawks had SF's OL and WR corps.

Hmmm...tough call.

PassionFS.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Russell has been struggling lately, but I would still easily take him over Kaepernick. Not only is Russell a better player, he's a face of the franchise type guy.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    One thing I will point out is that the Panthers secondary is average at best, they maul you with their front 7 by stuffing the run and creating havoc on your QB. They didn't do that at all after the first quarter. It bodes well for Seattle because the secondary is elite, hopefully the pass rush will play a bit better than the Panthers.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

One thing I will point out is that the Panthers secondary is average at best, they maul you with their front 7 by stuffing the run and creating havoc on your QB. They didn't do that at all after the first quarter. It bodes well for Seattle because the secondary is elite, hopefully the pass rush will play a bit better than the Panthers.

their corners had a really bad game. That blown coverage on Boldin basically lost them the game
  • Options
    dhdawg said:

their corners had a really bad game. That blown coverage on Boldin basically lost them the game
    That play was terrible, it was like he fell asleep. Boldin isn't a burner, that would be like Zach Miller torching someone.
  • Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Bob_C said:

Bob_C said:

That's on the coaches.
    Agree to a certain extent... But the difference here is that Wilson has never really made a lot of plays or great throws within the general framework of the offense. It's always been after things breakdown.

When he stops making the improvised plays like he has it shines a light on the roach of an offense that is Seattle.

So Bevell is exactly who is has been from the beginning, and was on Minnesota, a pretty average or below average coordinator. The only variable that has seemingly change is Wilson not making as many plays on the move.

Wilson was kind of always this shitty in the pocket, just like everyone thought he was going to be. It's the other stuff not happening though that is what is going to cost them.

I have zero street cred when it comes to the Seahawks, as some here will remind me.

The one thing I see when I do watch the games ... the offense isn't as fluid as it is with a Manning or a Brady.

To the quoted point... it seems as if the big plays are a result of breakdowns.

Teams are figuring Wilson out ... and Seattle isn't countering.

Again ... I don't follow as religiously so ... I am likely wrong.
  • Options
    You aren't 100% wrong topdawg. I would say there are a lot of factors that play in other than just "figuring out Wilson" but teams are containing him better. The difference between Russell and Brady/Manning is neither of those teams has the defense that Seattle has.
  • Options

While Wilson goes through this stretch, we must remember that he hasn't been making killer mistakes. He hasn't injured the team with stupid interceptions and stupid decisions. That is valuable.

Yea and he does deserve credit for that. One thing he said in the post presser yesterday that because of the weather they went extra conservative in the 2nd half because of the weather and the lead. He still made some bad throws/decisions but he was definately in a "don't turn the ball over" mindset rather than "need to make some plays".